Aruma

( 1 review )
12-38961314

Rua da Padroeira, No 12, Vila , Ilhabela, Brazil, 116300-000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Brazilian fusion restaurant with clearly labeled vegan items, including a complete vegan dinner choice (appetizer, entree, and dessert), and two other dinners. As of Dec 2017, the only place on Ilhabela that lists vegan entrees on the menu. Owner was vegan at one time and so wanted to create choices for vegans. Open Mon-Fri 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fusion, Brazilian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Lloyd

Vegan meals are listed on menu - Edit

Aruma clearly understands vegan food and lists several vegan dishes on the menu. No need to explain to the server what vegan means (unlike all other restaurants we visited on a recent trip to Ilhabela). Aruma was so unique that we went there twice for dinner on our trip, trying every vegan item.
The food was very good, although much too salty for my taste. For that reason, I'm giving them only 3 stars (out of a possible 4 for non-vegetarian restaurants). The restaurant has an excellent ambiance, with live music both nights we visited (a small cover charge was included to pay the musicians, but was worth the price because they were excellent). It is on the second floor, with an open deck overlooking the crowded street scene in the central village.
Despite the high salt in the food, I highly recommend this place. The vegan food is designed as vegan, not as vegetarian that can be vegan if all the tasty stuff is left out (or worse -- at another restaurant we had to order a fish dish without the fish!!!). Aruma gets it, and with a lot less salt, it would be perfect.

Pros: Vegan choices, Mellow vibe, Great location

Cons: Too much salt

Return to Ilhabela Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aruma closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.