ARTillery

Street 240, Phnom Penh, Cambodia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Two locations. Health cafe and art gallery. Uses ingredients from local farm and food enterprises and are chemical-free, organic whenever possible. Also serves raw dishes. Meat served are chicken and fish. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by HappyRe

Excellent vegan options - Edit

Nice and relaxing place . Friendly staff . Good selections of vegan food. Excellent cakes , hummus and sandwiches. Worth a visit

We just had a smoothie and left - Edit

We only went for a smoothie, but it took a long time before we got it and it was very watery (banana and cacao). Also, both toilets were defect, but it looked like they weren't doing much about it. There was a guy sitting next to us who had been there for over half an hour, he had ordered for some time, but only after 30 min they told him what he ordered wasn't available that day. We were thinking about getting something to eat, but changed our minds. The interior is lovely though, and there are some cute things to buy there.

Nice lunch spot - Edit

Like its sister resto in Siem Reap, this is a nice place with a good range of veggie/vegan options. The reviews of this branch here are quite surprising to me, since I enjoyed the veggie bagel I had (although the other reviewer is right when they say you really couldn't taste the aubergine hummus - spill a little people, it's only vegetables!). Didn't find the resto dirty, but my deer friend reported that the toilets were feral, so perhaps standards are not quite what they ought to be. (Hilariously Trump-style review here about 2 or 3 after this one re. the cons list. Also, why is 'blue-whiteish' a pro???)

Pros: Good menu: nice range of vegan options, Good coffee, Quiet location

Cons: Bit pricey, Gross toilet facilities

disappointing - Edit

veggie bagel was quite blend and the eggplant hummus could not be tasted
service wasn't friendly. I was craving for the cheesecake but nobody came to me, they all hid in the kitchen and did not care at all the whole time I was there

Cons: overpriced for.what it is, disinterested Service

Wont Be Going Back - Edit

I use to go here often to there Street 278 location, but I've not been in a long time but thought i'd try it again. But it has closed, and I wondered why, it was always a busy hub of a place.
So I went to there Street 240 location and I see why they have closed. The standards have slipped so far since then.

The cafe was dirty and very rough around the edges, the food bland and water-down "Juices".

I actually don't think the menu has changed since i was last there about 2 years ago.

Sad to see.

Pros: Blue and White-ish, Homemade crate tables

Cons: Bland Food, BAD BAD juices, Sad

Gone down hill. - Edit

I came here a few years ago and it was a cute place but going back recently it looked sad and dirty. Food was OK, but I think it was the same menu as a few years ago and staff seemed disinterested.
I also have a gluten allergy and they didn't know what I was talking about so decided not to eat in the end.

A haven! - Edit

I am a longstanding veggie and food lover, and Artillery is a perfect place to find delicious and healthy food. I would totally give it a 5 rating but apparently am not allowed to due to it being down as 'veg friendly' rather than purely veggie... but to be honest, I didn't notice any meat dishes on the menu on the several occasions we visited. You could eat here if you are trying to stick to a raw food diet as well as a regular vegan or veggie diet. It's a bit hard to find, tucked away down a little alley, but worth hunting out. You have to be careful in Cambodia eating raw veg and salad but I haven't had any problems after Artillery food. The no-noodle Pad Tai and summer rolls are particularly amazing but everything we tried was lovely.

Pros: Vegetarian, Delicious, Raw and safe

Cons: Hard to find

Delicious, worth the price. - Edit

My husband and I went here for breakfast today.
He ordered the Cacao Shake, and I ordered the Classic Green Smoothie (both very good).
For the meal, I ordered the Banh Minh? sandwich which had two large pieces of baked tofu inside, along with some veggies. It was a little dry, but tasted good.
My husband had the Eggplant Bagel, which had homemade Babaganoush, a hummus type spread and other veggies.
Although it was 930 in the morning, we couldn't resist trying the ARTillery Cheesecake.
made of a mixed nut crust, cashew cream, and passion fruit topping. We highly recommend this one! it was a difficult choice between that and the Carrot Cake Bar.

ARTillery has a wide spread of vegan, vegetarian, paleo, and gluten free options. I loved their selection of Elixirs, kombucha, smoothies, coffees, and shakes. I wish I could have tried more!

We have been travelling for nearly 40 days and it was great to stumble upon some real, healthy wholesome food for a change. 5 stars.

5 star place!!!! - Edit

Absolutely European level. Very clean and tasty food.

You can get superfoods here, raw cakes, organic coffee, green juices, get organic supplements made in Cambodia.

A rare find in a place like Cambodia

Veg-friendly but also provides for RAW & vegan - Edit

This place works really hard to help people on strict diets: there you can have a whole raw menu, from starters to desert. Their passion-fruit vegan & raw cheesecake is just the BEST... The cream is cashew-nut cream. Probably the best cheesecake I had in my life. And not that expensive (3.5$).

They also offer delicious juices and vegan smoothies and can provide juices for 5-days juice cleansing. The almond & banana smoothie (special of the day) was a bit too watery for me though.

I also had a hummus sandwich (approx 4$) which was delicious.

The decoration of the place is really nice, recycled-like. The place is fresh and it is a pleasure to stay there.

Pros: Cheesecake, Nice decoration, Not so expensive for western-like food

Awesome! - Edit

Great little hidden gem. Turn into a small alley then another alley and then you find ARTillery- an amazing little cafe with a wonderful veg-friendly. Went here for breakfast 3 times in my week in in Phnom Penh!

Pros: location, smoothies, HUGE fruit bowls :)

My local Cafe - Edit

I eat here every Saturday and it doesn't disappoint! Really fresh, wholesome food. Sam and Lena two of the staff are both beautiful and so friendly! Love this place!

Pros: organic , fresh , friendly staff

actually on street 278 - Edit

Took us a while to find because the location was wrong at the time on this app, but once we found it it was decent. Not all vego but a good range of vego and vegan things.

Food nice - Edit

Nice pretty place and food was good, but would have liked more on my plate! Especially for the price. Had raw cheesecake for desert which was nice.

good food - Edit

Hard to find. Nice food friendly service.
A bit expensive

A taste explosion at ARTillery Cafe - Edit

With a lack of organic / vegan-friendly restaurants in Phnom Penh, we went out in search of a good restaurant to get us through our week there. Luckily we didn't have to search far. With free WiFi and a cosy setting down a quiet laneway, ARTillery is the perfect place to escape the traffic and constant harassment of street vendors and tuk tuk drivers. With a seemingly endless playlist of classic blues and jazz, and regular events including the now infamous tapas and live music on Friday nights, it's also fast gaining a reputation amongst the expat community. But by far the best part of our experience at ARTillery was the food. Using her background in nutrition, the restaurant owner Emma has thoughtfully crafted the perfect menu. Each dish is well thought out and beautifully presented, with careful consideration of each of the ingredients to ensure maximum nutritional benefit. So if you find yourself craving a tasty meal without the nasty additives, make sure you pay Emma a visit at ARTillery next time your in Phnom Penh.

Contributions +14

I just have to say.. - Edit

We spent one week in Phnom Penh and as funny as it could sound, we were really upset to leave the ARTillery.
This place is like an oasis in the desert. It has everything you could dream of in a capital city like Phnom Penh.
First, the food. You can find raw, vegan and vegetarian options. Emma, the manager, knows what each of these options means and you can trust her (that's a luxury in Cambodia). It is healthy, tasty and organic. It is so good that in our week in Phnom Penh, we had 90% of our meals at this place!
Second, Emma's knowledge of nutrition. I did 5 days of cleansing with her and it was just too much to learn! She is also so helpful and hard-working that she will do her best to please you!
Third, the place is really cozy, with nice music in a quiet little street. There is great events like drawing or live jazz!!!!
I just have to say, don't spend one more day without trying this place!
Thanks a lot Emma for making my cleanse so nice!!!!

Pros: healthy food

Organic food in an boutique gallery - Edit

This is not a pure vegan or vegetarian restaurant. Meat appears on the menu, though it is not cooked in the kitchen. Food was new age cuisine, not the worst, but by no means the best, and not the cheapest either. Owner uses all 'organic' ingredients, some of which have to be imported, so it drives up the prices. That notwithstanding, I was dismayed that our order of "Bliss balls" desert was a single 2" diameter superfood. I thought that with the plural s at the end it would at least be 2 balls. Don't get the falafels.

Pros: good location, nice atmosphere, you can shop while you eat

Cons: too expensive, you can shop while you eat

Return to Phnom Penh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ARTillery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.