CLOSED: Artichoke Natural Foods Cooperative

• Health Store Health Store

Contact 508-752-3533

800 Main St, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, 01610

Artichoke Food Coop is a community-owned not-for-profit natural foods and grocery store. Stocks local, fresh organic produce, bulk staples, organic coffee, snacks, natural household good, and more. Reported closed to HappyCow.

First Review by

Great place to shop. - Edit

I definitely prefer shopping here than The Living Earth! Who needs fancy, super expensive health food items? I'd much rather support a more community-oriented, volunteer-staffed, "Food for people, not for profit!" kind of grocery store.

What I love most about the co-op is that they keep it simple. It's mostly just the essentials. Which is great, to me, you know? Keeps me from spending too much money on unnecessary things. I love the bulk food selection. The nutritional yeast in particular is quite inexpensive, and delicious! You can also order more bulk foods through them in the store, which I am planning to do eventually.

It seems like a lot of people think buying local and organic is expensive, but it doesn't need to be. A great way to do it effectively is to ride your bike to the co-op a couple times a week and buy only what you need as you need it.

I also like that they do not accept credit cards and do not support those companies. Way to go!

Pros: friendly, helpful volunteers, great produce/bulk selection, member/volunteer discount!

Cons: kind of a bad neighborhood

Return to Worcester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Artichoke Natural Foods Cooperative closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 700 times since Aug 2007.