CLOSED: Artichoke Natural Foods Cooperative

• Health Store Health Store

Contact 508-752-3533

800 Main St, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, 01610

Artichoke Food Coop is a community-owned not-for-profit natural foods and grocery store. Stocks local, fresh organic produce, bulk staples, organic coffee, snacks, natural household good, and more. Reported closed to HappyCow. Open .

Great place to shop. - Edit

I definitely prefer shopping here than The Living Earth! Who needs fancy, super expensive health food items? I'd much rather support a more community-oriented, volunteer-staffed, "Food for people, not for profit!" kind of grocery store.

What I love most about the co-op is that they keep it simple. It's mostly just the essentials. Which is great, to me, you know? Keeps me from spending too much money on unnecessary things. I love the bulk food selection. The nutritional yeast in particular is quite inexpensive, and delicious! You can also order more bulk foods through them in the store, which I am planning to do eventually.

It seems like a lot of people think buying local and organic is expensive, but it doesn't need to be. A great way to do it effectively is to ride your bike to the co-op a couple times a week and buy only what you need as you need it.

I also like that they do not accept credit cards and do not support those companies. Way to go!

Pros: friendly, helpful volunteers, great produce/bulk selection, member/volunteer discount!

Cons: kind of a bad neighborhood

Return to Worcester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Artichoke Natural Foods Cooperative closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 707 times since Aug 2007.