Arte y Sabor

Contact 954372897

Alameda de Hercules 85, Sevilla, Spain, 41002

Serves meat, vegan options available. Previously operated as Almanara, a pure veg place but no longer; same owner, cook, and vegetarian menu with added fish and meat. The veg choices include salads, soups, appetizers, main meals, and desserts. Open Mon-Sun 1:30pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by JeevanMann

art and taste - Edit

I am not sure what happened to the last reviewer who seemed to have a horrible experience here but that was not our experience at all.
We enjoyed our lunch here as it was flavorful.
We had the potato salad, no mayonnaise, made with oil and vinegar, lentil salad, tempura vegetable which were very lightly battered and nice and crisp. I had the couscous with vegetables and rice pudding for dessert. We really enjoyed our meal here more than other places we tried. The atmosphere is pleasant and we met other diners here as well. Will go again.

Pros: good food, vegan clearly marked, Nice atmosphere

Aggression. Customer assaulted by the owner. - Edit

I went to dinner at the restaurant Arte y Sabor and ordered a dish with vegetable mayonnaise asking not carry sugar (explaining that some brands of vegetable drink inflame added as an ingredient lead). They put vegetable mayonnaise with sugar and salt to conceal much more.I told them I did not want mayonnaise because he had sugar. The chef, owner of the restaurant, told me that the vegetable drink had no added sugar. I told him that if had and please teach me the box. He refused to show it, many times. I asked for a letter of complaint and denied it me . Then I remove the phone and started recording. The chef and restaurant owner I could not cry recorded and kept recording as I threw the phone down hand wringing . I went to the police station that night to denounce them and I showed the police the videos in which they refuse often to give me a complaint form (still I have no complaint form ) and I pulled my cell phone violently hitting my hand. I friend of mine, vegan as me, put the video uploaded on the youtube channel with the name Restaurante Arte y Sabor .

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-11

Pros: had a police station close to denounce the aggress

Cons: The owner is violent and the waiters do their part, Vegetable mayonnaise takes sugar and they deny it., Expensive and always forget put vegan food, they a

That seitan tho! - Edit

The menu lists clearly what's available for vegans, which is always nice. I go there often as the selection of vegans tapas is wide and varied. What's more, they make the best seitan I've ever had. Don't forget to ask about daily additions to the menu.
The place itself is small but nice. The location is great, especially when you can sit on the terrace, and they decorate the place with artwork from local artists.
The staff is great, really friendly and they can speak English or French if necessary.

It's hard to find places that are 100% vegan in Seville so the fact they serve meat and fish isn't a big deal.

On the down side, the quality of the dishes varies. I remember being in love with their lentil salad a few years back but I'm not a fan now.

I highly recommend, though!

Pros: Location, decoration, friendly staff, the seitan

Cons: Quality not always great

Best place to eat with non vegan - Edit

Me (vegan) and my now husband (non vegan) felt like we could really enjoy a nice lunch and dinner together, which is not an easy thing. Everything we had was awesome, from the olives to dishes , salads, tapas and desserts. And the sangria was one of the best we had in Spain!!! love this place, wont forget it.

nice and central - Edit

ok, 50% 50%, there.
Good location, terrace ( important in such a sunny city ), super friendly waiter and waitress, english and french correctly spocken.
Also they have meat anf fish, the majotity of the dishes are vegetarian with some vegan options.
Now, the quality of the products could be way better.
Can and should improve.

Pros: central, terrace, nice people, english spoken

Cons: average products

Cute place, but misleading - Edit

Wide choice for vegan and veggie dishes, tapas and plate.
Interesting food combination
It wasn't really clear which dishes were veggie and which weren't. We ordered a dish which contained a shrimp, the waiter told us it was vegetarian... Not cool..
The salad, which was vegan, contained CHEESE. So, beware of what you order and make sure the waiter understands what you ask.

Pros: Veggie and Vegan, Wide choise

Cons: Veggie dish had shrimp, Vegan dish contained cheese, Menu not clear

Un bon moment - Edit

L'accueil et le professionnalisme du personnel est très appréciable ! Le gérant parle plusieurs langues et il est très sympathique ! La couleur des assiettes et leurs saveurs sont au rendez-vous. On y retrouve des recettes andalouses et marocaines. Nous avons pu déguster un excellent couscous, des croquetas, du taboulé, des olives, des falafels, du veggieburger..! Tout était très bon !
Les prix sont très raisonnables !
Et le meilleur: la terrasse.
Par contre, il vous faudra certainement faire la queue..

Allez-y les yeux fermés!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, terrasse

Cons: busy

Excellent restaurant highly recommended - Edit

Good restaurant, usually busy, very tasty dishes, good prices. Is located in the beautiful and cool area. One problem: we ordered dishes waiter who did not understand English and even though we explained many times she brought us a dish with shrimp. it is important to ask to speak to an English speaking waiter.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 22, 2015

Cons: Should be more friendly to vegetarians

Decent - Edit

The good: waiter spoke English well, nice outside patio area, menu in English, vegan items marked on menu, various sizes to choose from for each tapa/entree, open all day.

The not so good: food was ok but nothing special, dressing on salad tapas was ok but a bit too much vinegar, only vegan dessert was a coconut rice pudding which was decent.

Great for mixed groups - Edit

We visited Arte y Sabor with family who are definitely not vegetarian - so one of the real pluses was the mixed menu, which is suited to most tastes. There were some definitely highlights, such as the Seitan dishes - but we did feel the fully Vegetarian (or Vegan) selection was a little limited (admittedly given the demand, this is understandable).

Nonetheless we had a lovely lunch and they were very good with our 2 year old - one of only two places in Seville we've found who have high chairs!

Pros: Good Food, Highchairs!, Good service

A pleasant dinner - Edit

I had dinner yesterday at the Arte y Sabor with two non-vegetarian friends of mine. The restaurant is in the Alameda de Hercules, one of the most lively places of the city, very nice (incidentally, it's where the Alameda Rock is, a fully vegetarian place, but we had eaten there the day before therefore this time we went for the Arte y Sabor).
The restaurant advertises itself as "Vegetarian and Vegan friendly", and in the menu there are small leaf icons to indicate dishes that can be made either vegetarian or vegan. Make sure to ask about those! Most dishes are by default with meat/fish, but there are vegetarian and vegan options available. The stuff is very friendly and they speak Spanish, English, and French (and maybe some other language that I didn't hear yesterday - indeed the place was full and about half the customers were non-Spanish).
We had a huge salad, tasty felafel, and a salmorejo de remolacha (a sort of cold soup with beetrot, garlic...) that we shared, and in the end we also got some arab/turkish sweets (good, but nothing compared to what you can actually get in places like Istanbul). 2 beers each, and we paid 12 euros each.

Pros: Helpful stuff, Many veg options (make sure to ask!), Good food

Cons: Serve meat and fish, Slightly above-average prices in Sevilla

Very nice restaurant with excellent food - Edit

A very nice spot with pleasant outdoor tables in a vibrant zone of Seville. They also serve meat and fish, but vegetarian an vegan dishes are clearly marked. The staff is also very helpful and the kitchen is willing to "veganize" nearly every dish.

They told me that they prepare meat separately and also don't deep fry mixed. I had the lentil salat, which was excellent. My friends had tempura, falafel and couscous and everything was delicious and nicely prepared.

Pros: excellent food, very friendly staff, nice outdoor seating

Cons: they also serve meat

Excellent Food. Very Friendly Staff. Highly Recommended. - Edit

Excellent restaurant for both vegans and vegetarians. Warms and clean atmosphere. Great presentation and inventive dishes. The staff is super friendly and it's location is in one of re best spots in Sevilla.

PLEASANT OUTDOOR TABLES - Edit

The restaurant has a number of tables inside and also more tables outside on the Alameda de Hercules, where you can watch the busy pedestrian traffic. Friendly staff.

Only a few dishes in the vegetarian section. I had a baked goats cheese starter and seitan fillets main. Filling, good spicy sauces. EURO 18 with water.

Amazing - Edit

Great place to enjoy amazing vegetarian and vegan food. There are many options and the staff is very friendly and will veganize dishes upon request.

Don't miss the falafel with vegan soy sauce, yummy!

Possibly one of the best options in Seville.

Pros: Taste, Value, Staff

Cons: Non Vegetarian

Good vegan options - Edit

This restaurant unfortunately serves meat and fish, though I had a very tasty lentil salad. The Mojito cocktail is also very good - with actual spirits instead of just too much ice. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

They serve 'foie' but I don't know if it 'just' liver or if it is foie gras.

Pros: Nice staff, Good cocktails

Cons: Serves foice-gras?

Love this restaurant - Edit

Visited this restaurant twice in the last 2 weeks while staying in Seville. We loved it soo much the first time there was no doubt we would come back before our holiday ended. Great choice in veggie food and warm and welcoming owners. On monday night it was very busy on terrace. We especially loved the spinach salad, the lentil salad and the spinach croquettes, mmm. Prices are very reasonable. 3 tapas and 2 media portions would be enough for 2 people and would cost you about 20-22 euros. They also have great fresh juices. Try the pear!

Pros: Great food, Much choice, Reasonably priced

Art and flavour in the Alameda - Edit

I've only known this place as Arte y Sabor. I first visited this cafe in November 12 with a couple of other Vegetarians, I recently returned with a mixed group (2 veg, 2 non-veg).

When we arrived we were the only people in the restaurant, we were greeted by the chef who was friendly & welcoming. I ordered a few tapas of Tabouleh, Patatas alinas & Falafel, all of which were very good. The food looked fresh and was well presented. My Vegetarian friend ordered a medio of the Falafel, which was more than enough as a single, main dish or as a sharing plate. My non-veg housemates ordered meat and vegetarian dishes (the Veg items they ordered were the salmorejo & a salad), which were equally well received.

The Chef told us that he was from Turkey, (which would reflects the mediterranean menu). Vegetarian and vegan dishes are clearly marked on the tapa menu. There are more traditional spanish items (such as my patatas alinas) should you prefer them.

I can understand why some people may be unhappy with the addition of meat & fish dishes to the menu, but I for one have no problem with it.

For a group of 4 people, we spent just under 45 euro, which is about in line with other venues on the alameda.

In my two visits to this venue I have enjoyed the food & the setting, I would recommend this cafe for both Veg & non-veg people looking for somewhere to eat in the Alameda area.

Pros: Friendly staff, Ambience, Great food

Cons: Can be quiet at times, There was a slight language barrier

Return to Sevilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Arte y Sabor closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4047 times since Dec 2012.