Art Cafe

Contact 01865-242464

14 New Road, Oxford, England, OX1 1LT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers 2 vegan dishes on the menu: a falafel hummus baguette and a marinated tofu baguette. A few other snack foods are vegan also. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sat 7:30am-7:00pm, Sun 8:30am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by JLGoodenough

Good place for a coffee or food to go - Edit

Went there a bit desperate for some plant based options. Had a nice cappuccino (they had both almond and soy milk available) with cookies (vegan). The cookies weren't on display or advertised anywhere and were rather normal...no chocolate chip cookies, as I had read here - which is what made me ask for them. The place is quite lovely, good for a stop, full of art and light. We bought some baguettes to go but it was upsetting the amount of options full of animal products. The one I had was quite nice - with marinated tofu, olives and roasted peppers.
They were nice but someone actually told me they didn't really know what veganism means.

Pros: Nice people, Plant based milks

Cons: You see meat everywhere while choosing, Check all the ingredients

what a lovely place! - Edit

we were happy when we found such a vegan-friendly place in Oxford! food was really nice and Staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed a cozy atmosphere, as well. I'd go there again! ;)

Pros: lots of vegan options, good food

Nice, high-quality café - Edit

Been here a couple of times and they've actually started doing vegan chocolate chip/double chocolate cookies! They're marked as such, you can't miss 'em.
They also do things like a marinated tofu & olives seeded bageutte, vegan versions of lots of their drinks (I think I have a soy chai vanilla latte there?) and a few nice flapjack-y type things. It's a good spot for lunch, either to eat in or take-away and it's very central (next to Bond Square, opposite the Westgate Centre).

Pros: central, quality food, showcases local artists

Cons: A touch expensive for regular outings

Great variety! - Edit

Several vegetarian options available, great variety overall. Friendly staff; quite a good place to work as well as eat.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 07, 2015

Pros: Variety of food, Friendly staff, Electricity sockets and WiFi

Cons: Toilet sink too small to refill bottle

Return to Oxford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Art Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.