Art Cafe

Contact 845-353-4230

65 S Broadway Ave, Nyack, New York, USA, 10960

Coffee house and vegetarian cafe offering lacto-ovo veggie food and a few vegan options such as Israeli couscous and hummus sandwiches. Has Wi-Fi and rotating artwork displays. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by karla_marx

one of my faves - Edit

There are only a handful of vegan options, but they are all clearly marked and delicious. The specialty rice bowl is the best vegan thing in my opinion, but the other vegan rice bowls are good too. The original malawah is sooo good on its own, but order a side of hummus if it's too plain. I'd stay away from the vegan salad. In my opinion it's kind of blah, plus why order a salad when there are so many better options? FYI the hummus toastini isn't marked as being vegan, and I asked why and it's because the bread isn't vegan. I had it a long time ago and it was awesome though for any vegetarians.

Eclectic Atmosphere, Average Food - Edit

The atmosphere at Art Cafe is really what I would come back and bring friends for. The wait on Sunday at around 1:45 was 45 minutes long for a table for two, they do have a coffee bar where you can order drinks while you wait and coconut milk at the bar in the creamer section (for no extra charge) as well as soy and almond milk as a milk choice when ordering. I would probably come back and just have a drink next time as the food was okay but very under seasoned. I had high hopes when I saw the long line and how adorable Art Cafe is but overall I wasn't very impressed for the price of over $12 per plate. They do label their vegan items which gets them an extra star in my book.

not so vegan-friendly - Edit

My omni and ovo-lacto friends love this place. I have been here a couple of times and have tried two of the five vegan items. So far I am unimpressed. The hummus sandwich had about one tablespoon of hummus on it, and I waited almost 30 minutes for it, so that was the last time I've been there. If my friends really really really really want to go back, I will try one of the other three dishes and report back. But for now, if you're vegan and visiting Nyack, there are better places for vegans to eat.

Pros: cute atmosphere

Cons: expensive, not vegan-friendly

Return to Nyack Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Art Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.