American
Western
Take-out
Bakery

Fully vegan offering french toast, pastas, pizzas and rice dishes. Previously located at 423-15 Mangwon-dong, and at Telescope 405-1 prior to that. Relocated from 44-1 2nd floor. Open Wed-Sat 12:00pm-4:00pm, 4:30pm-6:00pm.

Venue map for Around Green 어라운드 그린
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by soohyun

braised_tofu

Points +159

09 Dec 2023

Great but takes a while

Got the 구황작물 피자 (personal pizza with house-made vegan cheeze & various other sauces, kabocha squash, potato, sweet potato, onions, garlic, corn, olives, and tomato slices). It was absolutely delicious and I devoured every bit.

HOWEVER, one critical aspect that highkey ruined my dining experience was the fact that the one pizza took 45 minutes to come out. So I'd recommend this place only if you have some time to spare.

There's also a cute little white dog that walks around the restaurant FYI!

Tobi_Z

Points +21

01 Apr 2023

Cozy place with amazing and affordable food!

A one woman run vegan restaurant that also feature a adorable little dog. The food is absolutely delicious and for the price (10.000-15.000 Won) superb. I will definitely be coming back to this amazing gem!

rebabeba

Points +403

25 Feb 2023

Cute dog!

The food was lovely. I ordered the pesto pizza with mushrooms and it was great! It was a little small but otherwise I have no complaints. The staff helped me use the POS machine and the dog was very well behaved.

Pros: All vegan, Cute dog, Helpful staff

S.c.i

Points +515

08 Jan 2023

Very good

Enjoyed delicious food.

Pros: Varied menus, Tasty

gentletomato

Points +1054

07 Jun 2022

Amazing food but hard to get in

Around green has rather limited hours, and there is always a long time to get in. However, I can see why. They food here is really great.

I like the pizza and rose pasta. The eggplant rice dish is also really good. In the past I had the tofu rice dish, but after having it again more recently, it wasnt as nice. The portions of the rice dishes can be a little small.

ivanana

Points +32

21 Apr 2022

Love it!

Yummy food, very relaxed ambiance with lovely music, delicious coffee. Everything about this place is amazing!

Haewonv

Points +587

18 Mar 2022

So good

So hearty and generous. Nice big portions. I loved the tastes and love that they were so generous with the veggies. Also pizza dough is very good for a riceflour dough.

KadiHarmon

Points +6132

30 Dec 2021

Delicious!

Cute place! Got a little turned around but I found it. Went for the tofu teriyaki and it was great. Next time I’d like to try a pizza!

JulieDarner

Points +1092

10 Oct 2021

Yummmm

Glad i made it to this place! Although this pizza makes you feel like you just ate a salad, i loved every moment. The sauces they put on it were fantastic and it was cooked to a perfect crisp. Do not skip out on the crust 😍
They helped me order off the kiosk since it's all in korean 🙃
Great place. Pretty quick service.

SteveH

Points +17113

12 Aug 2021

A real treat

How did I miss this place? Small and quirky place with great food. Everything we had was good... even the pizza, which really tasted more like a pile of grilled veggies but in a good way. Fried tofu was very good!

Cons: could use better signage to find it

bongbong733

Points +13285

07 Jul 2021

Hearty and satisfying vegan food

This vegan restaurant serves a variety of modern international foods ranging from Japanese-style rice dishes, pizza and pasta.

It takes a little bit of time for food to be served, but everything is lovingly garnished and portions were filling. Hearty meals with many vegetables.

The menu is both Korean and English.
Many of their ingredients, e.g. wheat and rice, are organically farmed.

Around Green is a small restaurant on the third floor of a building next to World Cup Market 월드컵 시장. It seems rather hidden: There is no logo or sign on the building, except for a small chalk board saying "Vegan Cafe" and "tasty food" besides the opening hours. The atmosphere inside is cosy and homey, with dimmed lighting and Jazz music playing in the background.

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-07

WhiteDiamond

Points +327

26 Jul 2020

Good vegan fare, New Location

This restaurant has moved to 서울 마포구 망원동 423-15 (about a 5-10 minute walk from the original location). The food was good, but they could have been more generous with their vegetables (when they say seven different kinds of vegetables - they mean about seven total!) Portions are a bit small too.

Pros: All Vegan , Taste

Cons: Service, Stingy with veggies and serving size

missOptimus

Points +15

Mostly Veg
07 Feb 2020

Delicious Pizza!

There was only one staff and she did everything from cooking, serving and cleaning. Everything was vegan and we tried the Mushroom Pizza. The topping was very very generous and it was very very delicious. I would love to come again and try the rest in the menu. The price is not that cheap so be prepared.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: A little expensive

cultparty

Points +270

17 Oct 2019

Really lovely home-y food

Around Green was a really lovely experience, almost like being welcomed into someone's home and being treated to a nice cosy meal. I ordered the tofu stir fry and my partner the eggplant stir fry. They were both SUPER delicious, and felt really healthy despite the delicious soy sauce glaze.
I'd definitely recommend visiting here as the food is just as lovely as the staff,

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Good location

vegan_nyam

Points +1528

15 Oct 2019

I love these foods

The pizza is very great and the place is cozy.

Pros: Delicious vegan food

Cons: Little bit expensive

irplonk96

Points +2144

22 Jun 2019

Cute cafe with yummy food

I highly recommend this cafe. I came here with two non-vegan friends, and they enjoyed their meals just as much as I enjoyed mine.

Pros: All vegan, cute interior, puppy

TheGrandestNothing

Points +453

19 May 2019

Mangwon is amazing area, and so it is this place

A very cute little vintage decorated place. The food is homemade from fresh ingredients and very tasty. I had tofu teriyaki plate and i liked it very much. I wasn't in a mood for dessert, but the cakes looked delicious! btw the break is 15:30-17.00.

Updated from previous review on 2019-05-19

Pros: Yummy fresh food, In a very interesting area

Ente-Iza

Points +102

09 May 2019

Delectable

I sampled many different dishes and deserts here and they were all delicious. Very cozy place, the service and coffee is great too

Pros: Vegan food and desert , Friendly staff, Excellent coffee

Cons: Hard to find

Vegandolly

Points +220

09 May 2019

Really delicious

I have been to Seoul several times, and I wanted to try something a little different, not the typical trendy plant based cafe. I am so happy I found this small low profile establishment. It’s an absolutely hidden gem. I had the tofu teriyaki ( local tofu and home sauce ), and I have to say it’s one of the best meals I’ve have ever had in north Asia. Very impressed.

Pros: Very tasty , Home made food , Quirky cafe

Cons: Maybe small for big parties

loveslugs

Points +76

11 Apr 2019

Hidden little gem

Sweet, cosy vintage style cafe with delicious fresh cooked food. Easy to miss as no sign in English but its just across from a small park.

Pros: Best pizza I've ever tried, vegan or not, Reasonablely priced, Free tea!

Seol

Points +124

31 Mar 2019

Healthy and tasty

I wonder how she makes so good good without any junky ingredients. Cozy small restaurant.

JennaMinchin

Points +112

23 Feb 2019

Yummy

Excellent range of vegan food, Asian and continental, including VEGAN cheese pizza options. Prices are varied depending what you order, but very reasonable. We will definitely be back there. Also they serve great drinks!

peskierat68

Points +82

03 Feb 2019

Delicious lunch

After a rather long wait (4 people walked in just before me) I enjoyed a delicious lunch of teriyaki tofu, brown rice & salad (13'000W) with free green tea.
The lady serving was very helpful & very nice & it was great to see the small dog bobbing in & out of the tables.
The restaurant is small (seats a max. of 14) but is super clean.
Overall, I would highly recommend Around Green but give yourself time. It's a 3-minute walk to Mangwon Market where there is a big selection of veggies which are better quality & much cheaper than those in supermarkets.

Pros: Good, wholesome Vegan food, Nice owner

Cons: Quite a long wait

RolandMJ

Points +184

10 Jan 2019

An amazing taste experience

Very friendly owner/host lady - I would recommend her little restaurant for an Michelin Star for the amazing taste experience we had!! Small place, but more than worth to visit - few blocks away from Mangwon public market - don’t miss out this place!

Pros: The food and the ingredients are so tasty, All vegan - non-gmo, self-prepped/cooked/baked, Omg - taste the carrot cake!!

CarlieMaddie

Points +150

27 Oct 2018

Very fresh food and friendly staff

I came here recently and though it’s a bit far from the subway station the food was definitely fabulous and the environment is great. I had the curry and afterwards the cheesecake. The vegetables with the curry were fantastic considering I have been missing curry since it’s usually not vegan here in Korea. The cheesecake did not taste like I Vegan cheesecake at all though I did enjoy it nonetheless! It was more light and had subtle flavors instead of a very tangy sourness so if you were hoping for a very sweet and tangy cheesecake this is not for you.
The woman was very friendly and it was fun hanging out with the little doggy that sits around in the restaurant.

Updated from previous review on 2018-10-27

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Friendly staff, English friendly

archer47m

Points +80

25 May 2018

good food

Quality food. They are not really slow because i think they really cook the food and not by microwave.

Pros: great choices

Cons: not very friendly service

kenesyss

Points +78

22 May 2018

cozy place with good food

I was wondering the area and arrived right at opening. The staff were a bit all over the place getting ready but they took the time to make me feel welcome and were quick with my order. I got the mushroom rice two ways. The sweet teriyaki part of the dish was too salty for me (too much soy sauce I think), but the spicy side was just perfect. I also really enjoyed their side dishes, especially the fried shiitake mushroom. Ended my meal with a warm cup of matcha soy latte and a gluten-free cookie which was a bit too crispy for me, but the latte was foamy and creamy - very good!

Pros: comfort food, cozy setting

Cons: food was a bit too salty