Ariya Organic Cafe

Contact 26777353

2nd Floor Life Center, Q-House Building Lumphini, Sathorn Rd, Bangkok, Thailand,

Bangkok wellness center and organic cafe. Serves vegan organic food including fresh juices, smoothies, veggie sushi, salads, light entrees, raw crackers, and desserts. Uses fresh, all natural ingredients with many items being raw. Here since 2011; previously in MBK Center. Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Rawmodel

very overpriced - Edit

Although the raw pad Thai was good, I spent more having a casual lunch here, than I would anywhere else. It was probably double the price I would pay at home, and this is Thailand. I was the only customer too.

Pros: friendly service

Too Expensive - Edit

The dishes are nice but far too small for the price you pay. It is way too much. They do have a raw vegan section and a vegan section on their menu. Cheapest juice is still about 190 baht and the most expensive raw dish is about 350 baht but it is tiny. Do not go if you are really hungry or poor.

Pros: Everything is completely vegan.

Cons: Extortionate prices., Small portions.

Try the raw pad thai - Edit

This place is pricy for Thailand, but totally worth it. All vegan, many raw options and delicious. Very friendly staff. Juices and smoothies superb. Desserts were ok, but buy more food instead.

Pros: Many raw food options, Relaxing atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: In a mall, Pricy by Thai standards, Aircon set to max

Nice but expensive - Edit

I ate here once and it was delicious but way too expensive especially for the size of the dish you get. They have a daily 50% promotion on one main dish which is nice and then it's affordable too. They also have a good selection on juices and smoothies which start at 199 baht. It is a very clean restaurant and the food is fresh and organic. The staff is very friendly too! I recommend going there once in a while if you can afford it because the food was very tasty and healthy.

amazing place ! - Edit

If you a raw/ vegan you must try this place .
Yes it's not chip but You will go out with a happy feeling. Super clean place 4-5 people working in open kitchen , nice smell & lovely atmosphere .
Every month they have 50% on different dish from the menu .
We tried the tune salad & raw lasagna ... Yammy
The chocolate cake was amazing , not so sweat .. Exactly how I like it (-;

Excellent Choice - Edit

While the setting of this restaurant is a dramatic contrast to most Thai eateries, it's location within the otherwise sterile Life Center building says nothing of Ariya Organic Place at all. It's beautifully clean, features funky and innovative decor, and offers a creative and exciting menu. Many smoothie combinations are available and as God intended the smoothie, there is no water or ice added. Just fruits and veggies! Their signature Raw Pad Thai was phenomenal, even if it bore little resemblance to standard Pad Thai. As a dish, regardless of name, it was fantastic.

Beware when ordering smoothies with ginger... It can almost seem like an experiment in human ginger tolerance rather than simply a flavour. If you love ginger (and I mean LOVE), you needn't worry. Otherwise, it may be worth asking for just a dash...

It feels like a mall food court, albeit a quieter and classier one than most North Americans may be used to, but I promise that this restaurant delivers. The food is FRESH, RAW, and full of FLAVOUR.

Warning: the prices are ASTRONOMICAL by Thai standards. Most entrées are between 250~300฿, smoothies around 200฿, and dessert comes in around 300฿ as well. These prices are on the high end even in Europe and the US, but if you are willing to treat yourself, it's worth it.

Pros: Creative Menu, Raw and Organic, Delicious

Cons: Price

Clean food - Edit

Was here last week and it was a pretty good experience. The food is pricy for Thailand and when compared to other raw food places in town. Presentation was good and tastes were alright. The eggplant pasta was so-so, and too salad-like, rather than mimicking lasagne. I really liked the pad thai though- good flavors and nice use of coconut.

Pros: Raw options

Raw organic food - pretty hard to complain! - Edit

We were stoked to find that one of the two raw food restaurants in Bangkok (that we know of) was really close to where we are staying in Lumphini. So one fine day we decided to wade through the exhaust fume sauna that is Bangkok central in search of a healthy oasis... or at the very least a good vege juice.

Upon arriving I couldn't help with I hadn't have dressed like a lost Indian tribal elder, since the place was crawling with corporate types - odd place for a raw food joint but hey, the proximity was definitely still a good thing.

Gliding through the polished fluorescent white halls that are the Life Mall we found the place relatively easily and settled down to some juices, raw pad thai and some other things which I can't remember off the top of my head. Not a huge seletion but it was pretty good - wouldn't rate it quite up there with Rasayana but it was nevertheless thoroughly enjoyed. We bought some crackers to go, which later proved nice as well, although quite expensive and frustratingly thin (couldn't help wonder how they managed to spread the mixture out so thinly!).

We went back more recently for some juices when we decided to fast for a day... again, the location was great for us, so smiles all round. A very hygienic (perhaps too much so) spot for a boost of fresh food and a very welcome addition to the Bangkok eating scene.

Pros: raw/organic, open relatively late, location convenient to Sathorn Rd

Cons: limited menu, corporate people around, it's in a shiny shopping center

Healthy Delicious Food - Edit

A lovely little raw food place that'd I'd go to more if it was a bit more convenient to where I live. I had the 'secret salad' which had a delicious lemongrass and ginger dressing. The mushroom salad was also good. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the apple pie. It looked beautiful, but it was still frozen and more very flavourful, but that was the only negative thing. Service was also lovely.

Pros: healthy, creative, friendly staff

Cons: a bit pricey

Expensive and limited but tasty. - Edit

Nice place with pictures of lovely foods on the wall and in the menu. A shame they don't actually serve all of the tasty looking foods pictured. The menu is very limited and limited even more by the fact that half the things on the menu I was interested in were not available. The smoothies where great, sushi not bad and dessert was exceptional. I understand that they must be paying a lot out to be in such a nice building but I just can not see the value. The service is friendly. It's nice to see an all vegan raw place in Bangkok and I really wish I could give a better review but they really need to work on a few things. I spent a thousand+ baht there for myself and one other, left hungry, and immediately went to another vegan place to get my fill.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly service, Nice clean environment

Cons: Expensive, Small portions , Limited menu and many items unavailable.

Heavenly vegan and raw eats and drinks - Edit

Ariya is a wonderful place run by friendly and gentle Buddhists devoted to good health and good taste. Note that they are no longer in MBK: their new location is in a swish, glass-walled mall devoted ostensibly to wellness (but really mostly cosmetic and body-image establishments). It's very convenient to the Lumphini MRT station: just go up the escalators and it's right there on your left (which makes it an easy trip from Sukhumvit too).

First off, if you have even the slightest affection for avocado, don't miss Ariya's delectable avocado soup. Its nuanced flavor surprises and delights.

As with most raw food restaurants (in this case, a little over half raw with a few cooked options too), you'll pay more to fill up here, but in most cases the prices are fair considering the quality and they fact that they apparently use mostly organic ingredients. An exception is the juices, which at around B180 are overpriced beyond reason. You might find the health drinks and smoothies to offer a more compelling value proposition than the single-ingredient juices. The Green Smoothie was tasty and well balanced.

The set meals offer the best deals, especially Set B, which gives you a soup, main course, and a drink for B299. Note that Ariya also offers a card that they'll stamp until you get something free after a certain expenditure.

We also liked the 'crab' sushi and loved the pumpkin cake (a delicious raw pumpkin pie, which was kept frozen, so order it with your meal to give it time to thaw sufficiently).

For a take-away snack, check out the flax crackers and sunflower snacks, which are rich and crunchy.

Pros: Fresh, delicious, organic food, Vegan desserts, Convenient to MRT

Cons: Pricey (though mostly justifiably so), Overpriced juices

Delicious Pad Thai - Edit

Spent forever searching the MBK mall for this place, on a recommendation on our raw info website. Finally found it, it's listed as Organic in the MBK directory and not raw or vegan.

Small clean little cafe, food takes a while to prepare but it is made to order and with care and has great presentation. We ordered 3 juices and a pad thai. You get 1 juice free when you order 2.

The pad thai was really delicious. I wondered why it had peanut butter on it though since that is not raw, I guess they can't get almond butter in Bangkok? It is really good and is tangy from the tamarind, much tastier than cooked pad thai and it comes with veggies too.

It was cool seeing a raw restaurant in a busy Thai mall, not catered to tourists. Prices were reasonable. You may have to order 2 things to be full or have some fruit beforehand.

They said they would be closing down and moving soon, not sure when. They offer a retreat center as well at a different location.

Pros: in the mall, raw and vegan options, pictures of the food

Cons: a little cold in the mall from ac

cute, tasty, convenient - Edit

cute place, a bit smaller than I was expecting and the menu is limited, but the sushi and soup I had were perfectly nice. ended up still a bit hungry so I headed up to the veg place in the food court upstairs. definitely recommended, maybe not the best place to come to starving though... better for light snacks & juice!

Pros: clean, organic, vegan

Cons: a little pricey, didn't blow me away

2nd floor MBK opp Pizza Company - Edit

I have eaten here a few times- it is so yummy and fresh! but i must admit the menu is a little bit confusing. i normally go for the Thai spicy salads or the raw (coconut strips) phad thai. they always ask if you can handle spicy food if you are a westerner and ordering, but really it isn't very spicy at all. the mushroom stem salad was really good. not much english spoken but the menu is in english - so don't ask too many questions - just order and get a 'surprise' with what you get! it is a shame that the juices are served in disposable plastic cups.

Pros: healthy and tasty, convenient for shoppers

Cons: plastic cups, weird menu

RawFood @ MBK - Edit

Nice food at MBK. But expensive. Happiness Shake 149 Coconut Shake 149 Secret Salad 179 Orange cheesecake 179 pine apple 79. with 10% service cost totals 808 bath. Especially the cheese cake (raw) was really good. Still giving it a 'fair' rating since raw food is not easily found.

Pros: raw, taste, clean

Cons: price

Very Fresh and Good service - Edit

First the service here is very very good--the employees are very helpful in recommendations and knowledge of what is on the menu. The food is very fresh and the restaurant VErY clean.
The only(and major) downside is the price. It is quite expensive for the vegetarian(almost RAW/LIVE) restaurant.

Pros: Fresh

Cons: Price

My introduction to raw food - surprisingly filling - Edit

A friend and I visit Ariya one evening for dinner - I was a bit scepticle that I would be filled on raw foods ... but I was to be proved wrong. We ordered the soup - avocado, which was smoothly delicious. I normally take my soups warm, but this cold offering was a pleasant surprise. The raw pizza was equally surprising (the staff at Ariya spent sometime confirm that I wanted raw pizza and kept explining that is wouldn't be anything like the pizza on offer at the pizza chain opposite ... I got it!) Lot's of tasty salads and smoothies topped off a pleasing meal. I'd like to go back there when I'm next in Bangkok.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Freshly prepared, Healthy filling cuisine

Cons: Highly air conditioned and cool, A bit on the pricey side, Quite a sterile ambience

price is not one carrot - Edit

I did not eat in Aryiya cafe as I was expecting something a little more in my price range as it was listed as one carrot...I think it's more like 2. Also this is more snacky type items, and not a place where you can get a full meal (don't bring husband who is a big eater there!)

Raw, vegan and Organic - Edit

What a refreshing sight and experience in the middle of the madness of MBK. We throughly enjoyed our food, had the most divine carrot soup, barley sushi and very interesting smoothies. We were laughing watching the people in the Pizza place across the way watching us, and imagined while we were thinking yuk Pizza, they were thinking , yuk raw food. We live in Bangkok and this place will definitely become a regular stop even though we hate going to MBK. So it is a bit easier to find it is shop no 2A-21 on the Tokyu store entrance side opposite The Pizza Company.

Pros: Delicious, Clean & bright

EXCELLENT! - Edit

I can really recommend this place.
I went there last week and really enjoyed the choices on the menu.
I had the Vegan Pad Thai which was lovely and the fruit soup was to die for.
It is a very small place, so be on the look out.
The exc. Chef loves to talk about Raw foods if you are up for it too.

The place will hold cooking Classes Every Saturday in July 2009.
The English Classes will be from 10:00-12:00
The Thai Classes will be from 14:00- 16:00.
The classes will be given by Sumana Meissner, who studied in California and is well known in the Raw-community.

The Ariya cafe is right across from a Pizza place on the 2nd floor.

Pros: Clean, Fast , Friendly

Cons: In MBK :S

Raw Vegan Organic Cafe right in the center of BKK! - Edit

This Raw vegan organic cafe is located conveniently in the center of Bangkok at MBK center. The place is clean and easy to order.
I love their selections of green smoothies!!!
Everything is clearly stated in English so it's no confusion for someone like me who can't read Thai :)

A model for what veg eating should be in Thailand. - Edit

We randomly stumbled upon this place while walking around the MBK shopping mall, and we couldnt believe our eyes when we saw the menu.

ORGANIC! VEGAN! AND RAW FRIENDLY!

We ordered two great green juices, and two great green smoothies. Its so tough to get your greens in Thailand, but this place will keep you in check.

I would tell my raw friends that this place is #1 for getting your greens in.

The prices were fair, and it was spotless and sanitary. Well done :)

Pros: GREENS, ORGANIC, RAW FRIENDLY

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ariya Organic Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 15447 times since Jan 2009.