Ariana Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 631-421-2933

255 W Main St, Huntington, New York, USA, 11743

Serves meat, vegan options available. Finer dining Afgahni cuisine. Reported not using butter or soybean oil and has vegan menu list including, soup, salad, ice cream.

Category: Middle Eastern, Afghani, Non-veg

First Review by hrefna

ugh - Edit

Had a lot of potential. The food was delicious. BUT they ran out of rice ??? And I got a curry meal with like a teaspoon of rice. Also the marshawna soup was watered down for the two people I ate with. It had a significantly different taste than mine. The waiter (a friend helping them.) touched the food on my cousins plate with his bare hands. Big no no. I wish it could have been what it has the potential to be. Also it's not like this place is cheap. We paid 125$ for 4 people.

My favorite place to eat in Huntington - Edit

I love Ariana - I've been coming here for a dozen years or so and it is always a special occasion, even if I am just having lunch on my own like I did today. The atmosphere is elegant yet friendly and the Afghani food is heavenly. It's not a place to come if you are in a rush, but if you are on your way somewhere let them know and they will speed things up for you. It's a great place to come to eat and chat over a long meal with someone you really enjoy being with. I come here a lot with my mother. I love to sit in the window with the geraniums and the kelim cushions and watch the world go by - Ariana is right at the heart of Huntington. It is an expensive place, there is no denying it, but more economical at lunchtime when they have a $12 lunch plate - you can choose four things from a list of hot and cold foods (ranging from pumpkin dumplings to bean salads) and for an additional $2 you can get a cup of their awesome spicy bean soup, Mashawa. They also have an early bird prix fixe menu.

They are very vegetarian/vegan friendly, but it is best to tell the server what you are exactly so they can tweak your meal to your preferences. My favorite item on the menu (after the Mashawa!) is the Aushak Kadu, divine pumpkin dumplings that are served three ways: vegan with a tomato sauce, vegetarian with tomato sauce and yoghurt sauce or carnivore, with meat sauce and yogurt sauce. So just let them know that you are a vegan or a vegetarian & they will make sure you get the meal you want to eat. This goes for everything on the menu really, the Mashawa soup for example is often served with a dollop of yogurt sauce but they happily serve it vegan as well.

There is an extensive selection of veggie food, and almost all of it is deeply yummy. The only thing on the menu I just can't recommend is the Field Of Greens which has disappointed me every time I've had it - it just isn't green enough. Needs more veggies on the plate! But there is so much else to choose from, that is a minor quibble. Other faves of mine from the menu are Bolanee (potato and leeks fried in pastry, so good and so fattening) Curry Gardens (veg curry inside half an acorn squash) and the Afghani Vegan Delight, a sampler of lots of yummy things. And to drink my favorite is the Afghani tea, a pot of spicy loose leaf green tea served with sugared almonds.

Pros: Delicious Food, Great Atmosphere

Return to Huntington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ariana Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1766 times since Feb 2012.