1 Review

First Review by Conniemm

I love this farmer's market! - Edit

This is one of the best farmer's market in the Santa Cruz area. It is open rain or shine and you can always count on getting great local, organic produce, direct from the farmers growing the food.

According to their website, "In 2011, 2012, and 2013 our farmers markets were voted “America’s Favorite Farmers Market in California.” Additionally, Coastal Living Magazine named the Aptos Farmers Market one of “The Coast’s Best Farmers Markets.”

In addition to fruits and veggies, prepared food is available with many veg*n choices as well as flowers and plants.

The Great Morgani, a local accordionist who dresses in elaborate costumes, often plays here as well as a bluegrass band which is a hit for the little kids in attendance who play along with little vegetable shakers.

My favorite vendor is Route One Farms. Their prices are the best and I love seeing the same folks working there every week. Other picks are Pinnacles (but watch out for bugs on the broccoli and cauliflower - I don't actually buy those from them after finding bugs too often), Previdelli Farm has great apples. I often get their "not so pretty" apples for $1 a pound, a bargain for organic apples in this area. There are many other I like as well.

Pros: Great selection, Organic and local, Wonderful people watching

Return to Aptos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aptos Farmer's Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.