First Review by VeganBelle

Poor business managment - Edit

As a business owner myself "the customer is always right" I tried to return a coconut oil soap I purchased' because I had a reaction of burning and itching. It was $7.00. They first said, read the bottle telling me it was hand soap and other uses. Then they showed me where the body soap was located. She said she would have to ask a manager, I said I would wait. The bottle for purchase was located next to the bar soap and other soaps. The manager said they don't make refunds because of a reaction, that I could use it for other household uses! I said I will give it to the goodwill and never come here again. And I will not be buying the 3 candy bars for$2.29 each. Harvest Health would have been glad to make the exchange and used the soap in their own restroom! I will never go there again over $7.00. If they won't take returns, you would think they would print that on their receipt!

Pros: Chocolate bars without milk

Cons: Unfriendly Staff

Not Friendly - Edit

I've only been to this store a few times, but the staff I encountered were not very friendly to me. I will drive the extra distance to Harvest Health to shop in a more friendly health food store.

Pros: Open Sunday

Cons: Not Friendly

Best grocery for vegans/vegetarians! - Edit

After many trips to OVERPRICED Harvest Health, we finally found Apple Valley, which is cheaper and completely Vegetarian/Vegan. I'd rather support a store that had no animal flesh. They have a wealth of options for vegans in terms of faux cheeses and supplements. I wouldn't go here for produce (or Harvest Health) but their selection for vegans/vegetarians cannot be beat in the GR area. Oh, and their computer checkout has a screen and they use barcodes, unlike Harvest Health, so you can see what's happening and don't have to rely on the cashier so much to not enter numbers incorrectly. (Has happened many times to me at HH)

My only complaint is that some vitamins contain gelatin, which is not even vegetarian. This should not be in the store according to it's "all" vegetarian status.

Pros: Affordable, Good Selection, Clean

Cons: Gelatin in Some Vitamins

Return to Grand Rapids Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apple Valley Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2406 times since Aug 2007.