Apple Tree Cafe

+44-1736-872753

Half a mile from Land's End and Sennen (at B3315), Trevescan, England, TR19 7AQ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers seasonal, fresh food mainly for vegetarians, vegans and gluten intolerant. Vegan and gluten free items are clearly marked. Has a selection of vegan and gluten free cakes also available for purchase. Breakfast served from 10am–12 noon and lunch from 12 noon–2pm. Car parking facilities also available. Open since May 2011 and located in Trevescan, just a half mile from Land’s End and Sennen. Open Wed-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm. These are winter hours. Stays open longer and an extra day in the Summer.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by deadpledge

Welcome find off the beaten track. - Edit

Great little cafe, will definitely visit again. Good selection of veggie and vegan food and drink. Dog-friendly 🐕

Deffo Vegan Friendly. Good food, lovely decor / gardens - Edit

Whilst on a recent Roadtrip around Cornwall in my VDub Campervan I called in here for some vegan nosh. Almost gave it a miss due to a negative review left by another user here who mentioned that it is "no longer vegan friendly". I decided to call them and investigate this claim and was pleased to here that although the new management did remove some of the vegan options that most are now back on the menu.

I was greeted by friendly staff, well presented food (I went for the Falafel with hummus on Pitta with salad), eaten outside in the lovely gardens and washed down with a cuppa tea made with Soy Milk. They even do a full vegan brekkie which looks great and will be on my plate next time I visit.

Slightly pricey but not too bad. When considering this is way down in the West Country near Lands End is nice to see vegan foods being served at all. The fact there are multiple options, tasted great, well presented and in nice surroundings I think a couple of quid above average is more than acceptable.

Would like to emphasise that it is deffo still "vegan friendly". Would recommend and will visit again next time I'm in the area.

Pros: Several Vegan Options, Great Location

Cons: Slightly Above Average Prices

Not Vegan-Friendly Anymore - New Owners - Edit

The Apple Tree Cafe used to be a firm favourite for our family (one vegetarian, one vegan, one pescetarian and one omnivore) when out for breakfast at the weekend. Now taken over by new owners and management, we thought we'd see if this would continue.

In response to our "Can you do a vegan breakfast?" the cook gave a terse "Vegetarian, not vegan", as if we had made an absurd request that couldn't possibly have been predicted or fulfilled. We had no choice but to find somewhere else so I can't say anything else about the new menu, staff, or cafe.

Anyway, we instead went to a different cafe who were happy to make their vegetarian breakfast as vegan (basically just didn't serve the eggs or sausages -- not difficult!) and had a lovely view of the RSPB Hayle Estuary while we ate!

Cons: Unfriendly, unwelcoming, rude

Perfect Stop Off - Edit

Myself and my girlfriend recently went to the Apple Tree Cafe after reading a recommendation from a vegan Cornwall blog online. The Apple Tree Cafe is a perfect stop off for lunch or a tea or a coffee and especially if you are on your way to Lands End like we were, as its simply a 5 minute drive away. There are plenty of vegan and gluten free options available all of which are clearly labelled on the menu board and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. We got the soup of the day, which was tomato soup and came with a freshly made sour dough. We also got the Hummus and roast vegetable sandwich, which was served with a very nice salad garnish and dressing, all of which were moderately priced and delicious. You can sit inside or outside at Apple Tree Cafe but I would definitely recommend outside especially if the weather is hot like it was for us. They also offer a great selection of cakes, again all of which are labeled either vegan or gluten free. The carrot cake was awesome. Overall, well worth a visit.

Pros: Lovely Staff, Inexpensive, Nice Chilled Atmosphere

Return to Trevescan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apple Tree Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.