Appaloosa

Contact +30-2289027086

Maurogeni st. Goumenio sq, Mykonos, Greece,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethnic food and cocktails on Mykonos Island. A mix of Indian, Mexican, Indonesian, and Greek food. Some dishes can be made vegan upon request.

Category: Lacto, International, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Indonesian, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by BodieC

Great experience in the heart of Mykonos Chora - Edit

The are stuff well aware of what vegan means. there are many vegan dishes and the rest could be easily veganised. the dishes was quite tasty and big. the place is cozy but there's no AC. bit expensive like all the restaurants in Mykonos.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-09

Pros: Tasty food, Big portions

Cons: Bit expensive, No AC

vegan friendly -- but not used to it - Edit

Saw this on happy cow and dragged my family along to satisfy my need to eat something other than tomato pasta.

Not having cheese is somewhat sacrilege in Greece, and I did have to send back my meal as vege burrito that I ordered as vegan did contain sour cream and cheese. Maybe just a mixup, but a common theme of me eating well after everyone at my table has. But it did taste good, and the salad was nice.

Nobody ate the cold, tasteless yellow rice on their plates, which should be pretty easy. And only half of our table felt the need to finish their meat burritos. Though, the pork dish (honey soy?) was enjoyed by my brother... Though not what you want to hear from a happy cow review.

The sangria was undrinkable as they also went crazy with cinnamon. Should be a very easy drink to put together, and for 22 euro a carafe, should be mind blowing. To their credit, or discredit, they seemed aware of this and offered to only charge us half... Without us even needing to say anything.

Overall a bit "meh", combined with our waiter who seemed really grumpy.

I will stick to pasta and searching through menus for vegan options, and may have to as the family won't let me pick the restaurants after this one, sadly.

But please do try for yourself as the food did taste alright, and may just have been a rough night as there seemed to be quite a few regulars there.

Pros: bean burrito itself did taste good, nice change to seafood restaurants

Cons: vegan friendly, maybe, but not familiar, really need to explain what you want

Return to Mykonos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Appaloosa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 791 times since Jul 2015.