Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar

+1-416-516-4555

735 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6G 2L7

Opened 2015 this is its 2nd outlet, a vegan pizzeria and snack food bar by the same owner as the bakery that was on Markham St (but shut in early-2016). Offers daily selection of vegan donuts and pizza. Note March 2020: Due to concerns about covid-19, some businesses are reporting reduced hours and/or temporary closures, but some may offer take-out / delivery. Check hours before you go. Open Tue-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 3:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by ajcrow

ashh

Points +28

25 Feb 2020

Amazing, even for non veg - Edit

Went here multiple times before I became vegan. The pizzas are so filling, and unlike most non-veg pizza, you don't feel sluggish afterwards, but satisfied and energized! The bbq buffalover, fat mac, and pig destroyer destroyer are my favourite pizzas. The creamy garlic sauce is also to die for 😭❤

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Plenty of options, Delicious

xtinaaaaaa

Points +32

24 Feb 2020

A weekly must have - Edit

You're sticking if you haven't had this pizza yet.

talevis

Points +127

11 Feb 2020

Probably the best vegan pizza downtown - Edit

They do 5$ slices, and charge 3$ for late night slices. Sometimes the crust does break off though

robynschneider

Points +484

04 Feb 2020

My favourite - Edit

This is possibly my favourite Toronto resto.
The mozza sticks are one of my faves, as well as The Fat Mac and aaaall of the fries.
Go there and order as many slices as you can fit in your stomach.

Pros: Options of by the slice

CamilleMacLeod

Points +543

13 Jan 2020

Hit or a Miss - Edit

It is absolutely worth the cisit for the ‘Big Mac’ pizza -it’s my favourite pizza of all time. The cesar dressing is to die for aswell!
But there’s quite a few slices that are not too my taste.. the mac and cheese pizza is dry, bbq is to sweet.. but I guess it depends on your taste?
Also the salads are not worth the money, it used to be a nice decent size but now it’s more of a side salad for 10$ - I’d just get the dressing and make my own.

MagandaSiFlo

Points +49

06 Jan 2020

Apiecalypse Now it’s overhyped 👎🏻 - Edit

I had high expectations from Apiecalypse Now but was extremely unhappy & unsatisfied with their vegan pizzas my goodness, I find it very greasy & I felt full right away eating it! Nothing special about the vegan corn dog 🤨

A lot of vegan YouTubers that live or are from Toronto, Canada, put this on there top 10 or top 5 lists of must vegan restaurants to try! I strongly disagree with all of them & obviously when it comes to vegan food they have no taste 👌🏻

Cons: Overhyped by a lot of vegan YouTuber’s 🤨👎🏻

Samgood

Points +88

05 Jan 2020

Pizza = vegan work of art - Edit

Trendy little place with the best vegan pizza ! A lot of cool toppings for vegan junk food pizza. Definitely recommend the Fat Mac.

Pros: Sell slice as well as whole pizza , Delicious !

Cons: Limited seating

maulydaft

Points +464

22 Dec 2019

Addictive for sure - Edit

When I think vegan pizza in town, my mind whips to Apie.

I do wish there was a bit more veggie options. You'll not find broccoli or spinach here. Maybe not even mushrooms?

Staff remain friendly and pleasant even when busy!

The donuts aren't so hot though... go to Bloomers for those.

Updated from previous review on 2017-11-05

Pros: Outrageously good pizza

Cons: don't bother with the donuts, line ups, they don't seem to deliver north of bloor

mrinank.sharma

Points +73

20 Dec 2019

Brilliant - Edit

Best pizza I've ever had.

anormality

Points +38

23 Nov 2019

LOVE IT 🍕 - Edit

Meilleure pizza Vegan! Les donuts sont également délicieux! Une excellente adresse à Toronto!

Pros: Best pizza , Donuts are really delicious , Not really expensive

Cons: Small

Tyme

Points +48

13 Oct 2019

Great concept - Edit

I brought my kid here. We grabbed a couple of slices and donuts to eat in. The slices were cold but whatever. I can deal with that but I grew really tired of listening to the staff drone on loudly with a ton of swearing about their personal matters while we ate. 😑. Should have taken it to go.

Pros: All vegan, Donuts are awesome

Cons: Staff drama , Cold slices

Lrnewman

Points +24

07 Oct 2019

Understanding Ontario Disability Laws - Edit

We walked in to get a couple of slices of pizza (they were very tasty). As we entered smiling, no acknowledgment/hello from anyone, and then one of the women noticed our dog and looked at us pretty much with horror. I had my service dog with me, a 3kilo Yorkie. But it felt from her reaction we’d entered with a hippopotamus smeared in poop (genuinely the extent of reaction). She abruptly said dogs are not allowed in the store. After I calmly said she is a service animal, the womans reaction, anger.

Apparently my need for a service animal, for my mental health, is disappointing? Looking over to what I can imagine was the manager, and still in a fashion of the staff ignoring us, no eye contact, said to her "it’s okay". I’m pretty sure complying with the Ontario human rights code and blind persons right act is not an option, as a restaurant/store, for you to approve on or not. It’s the law, and your staff should know this, instead of giving off miserable attitudes to people with disabilities and making them feel unwanted because of it. So basically great pizzas but terrible attitude and atmosphere, as soon as you walk in (service dog or none).

Come for a bite, don’t expect a smile.

Updated from previous review on 2019-10-07

Pros: Pizza

Cons: Staff, Disrespect to those with Disabilities, Atmosphere

VictoriaMcSwain

Points +509

12 Sep 2019

Great pizza!! - Edit

Wowza! We are in Toronto for 4 days, and we went the first night. We already made plans to come back since slices rotate. We had the slayer and yeezy bread- it was dope! Highly recommend. There’s seating upstairs and downstairs. Also some frozen foods upstairs.

Destiny92

Points +17

17 Aug 2019

Delicious!!! - Edit

I was a bit skeptical to try as I have not had much luck with vegan pizza, however I can happily say this is my favourite pizza place in TO! The staff is friendly and open, and I love their cute raccoon mascots! My favourite pizza would have to be the white walker it’s a white based garlic pizza with “chicken” bits and fresh arugula- also best Garlic dipping sauce! Very happy with my new go to pizza place 💜

aibababye

Points +117

02 Aug 2019

Super inclusive! - Edit

I love the NB signs they have. Got donuts and they were delicious, hope to get pizza next time I’m in Toronto!

Bellainmi

Points +17

27 Jul 2019

Meh at best - Edit

We got a slice of pizza and the yeezy bread. Both lacked flavor and the crust was hard and dry. I expected the yeezy bread to be amazing by the description but I had to cover it in yeast flakes and red pepper to get a little flavor. I would not go back.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Bland, Dry

Heatherw1019

Points +349

23 Jul 2019

great place - Edit

If you love vegan junk food this place is for you! I've had a few of their pizzas and they're pretty good. I know they want to be creative with their pizzas which is awesome but I do kind of wish they had at least one pizza that was just a classic veggie and cheese pizza because they are the only place where you can get just a slice of vegan pizza! I'm just not personally really a fan of the crazy out-there pizzas like big mac and mac and cheese but would love to have a place to get a classic slice. I love that they now have the upstairs where you can go and hang out because it was pretty cramped before with just the downstairs. Their caesar salad is one of my favourites in the city. I used to love the corn dog but the last time I had it it seemed very different and not as good. Not a huge fan of the donuts as I find them a bit too doughy for my liking but that's personal preference (and I'm just obsessed with Bloomer's donuts). I do also wish they had an option for people who are eating in the restaurant where they don't give out plastic containers and paper plates because there is a lot of waste created in that regard. Overall I do really enjoy coming here!

Updated from previous review on 2019-07-23

noodletoboggan

Points +665

15 Jul 2019

Bring your appetite! - Edit

Super tiny location but if the weather's warm, there is a park across the street. So much to pick from, the three pizza slices we tried were tasty and huge servings. The sides are also enormous, if ordering the Yeezy bread keep in mind this is nearly the size of a pizza. Our donuts were also fluffy and delicious. Make sure to bring friends, so you can sample everything!

Pros: All the junk food you could wish for

Cons: Tiny store

hokusai77

Points +11068

11 Jul 2019

Junk food paradise - Edit

Tiny location, always crowded, but this is vegan junk food paradise! We loved their hyper-topped pizzas!

fourleafcloveronica

Points +39

27 Jun 2019

Ignored gluten intolerance - Edit

I ordered a gluten free pizza and they either didn’t listen or didn’t pay attention, either way I ended up ill all night. Wish I could give it a 1 star.

TanyaSanabria

Points +27

24 Jun 2019

Good variety - Edit

So much to choose from other than pizza. Poutine is pretty good here, and the wings are one of the best ive. Not a huge fan of their pizza dough and sauce though. Not much to complain about, the place is clean with a welcoming environment and prices are super affordable and reasonable

Pros: Fast service , Friendly staff, Food

oeyeel

Points +26

20 Jun 2019

Creative vegan comfort food!! - Edit

I love Apiecalypse and I swear I will come here for as long as they will have me! Their pizzas are delicious and hearty, with melty cheese and an incredibly savory toppings list, as well as gluten-free options. They also have other comfort foods such as poutines and mozzarella sticks, and delicious desserts! I love the vibe here; the staff is honest and helpful, and the water is free!

Pros: All vegan, Creative and filling comfort foods, Affordable

theresabee

Points +541

10 Jun 2019

Vegan Homer's Paradise! - Edit

This is the place to go if you're in the mood for a perfect slice of pizza and a Huge donut for dessert.

I'll start with dessert - these donuts are to die for. We tried the chocolate cheesecake, and it was heaven (and Huge).

Tried 3 slices of pizza and poutine. As for the pizza - the pepperoni was hands down my favourite. The Big Mac didn't do it for me (all I tasted was the lettuce), and the BBQ was good, and likely would be great if you're a BBQ fan, but just not quite up my alley. Poutine was fantastic, with great tasting curds and gravy! Very generous portions for what you pay for.

The seating area was a bit stuffy (we were on the main floor), and ended up heading outside to eat at the park across the road (luckily the weather was great!). Service was very good though. We were very happy and will definitely return.

Pros: Large portions, Pepperoni Pizza by the slice!, The donuts!

Cons: Stuffy interior

jessek

Points +1164

29 Apr 2019

Filling, unique pizza - Edit

I had Mac & Charlie with buffalo chicken and the toppings were very good. However, I found the crust odd and it would fall apart every time I picked a slice up, making this definitely a messy meal. I was also disappointed that even though I ordered my pizza for-here, it was served in a disposable cardboard box. I would love to see real dishes for customers dining in to cut down on the waste.

bigheartstinyvegans

Points +126

21 Mar 2019

Best pizza ever, creative, fun and so good! - Edit

This place is amazing, they have upped the level of vegan creativity and have all the treats you could ever want! The mozzarella sticks are off the hook!

langela

Points +116

17 Mar 2019

Best pizza in the city - Edit

Easily the best pizza in the city.

They have really creative topping combinations that really work together and a few more traditional ones. Plus, their apps are DELICIOUS! Try the cauliflower wings. You won't be disappointed!

Their staff is super helpful and have always been awesome.

Pros: Great toppings , Friendly staff , Creative options

ren15

Points +32

15 Mar 2019

Really friendly staff! Great vibe and delicious food!! - Edit

Loved the vibe and environment of this cafe/restaurant. Very chill and friendly! Lots of great options & delicious food.

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.