Get the HappyCow App

© HappyCow 2018

Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar

416-516-4555

735 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6G 2L7

Opened 2015 this is its 2nd outlet, a vegan pizzeria and snack food bar by the same owner as the bakery that was on Markham St (but shut in early-2016). Offers daily selection of vegan donuts and pizza. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by ajcrow

midorigreen

Contributions +206

15 Nov 2018

Simply the best - Edit

The pizza was awesome. Loved the Fat Mac. Donuts were delicious and the non vegans I took them home to thought they were better than non-vegan ones. If I lived here I would visit every week. Instead it will be my first port of call on my next visit to Toronto.

Oliviafoti

Contributions +460

11 Oct 2018

Amazing pizza! - Edit

Wow comfort food heaven! Had the big Mac pizza (what?!), Simpson’s donut & deep fried mars bar. My tummy is so happy right now! Love this place!

Pros: Tasty and fast, Extensive menu

JoshFoti

Contributions +146

09 Oct 2018

Good pizza - Edit

Had the Big Mac and the bbq buffalo lover

Pros: Only vegan!

LyndaWilkinson

Contributions +76

15 Aug 2018

Best Pizza Ever - Edit

Had the Big Mac Pizza and the “Pig Destroyer Pizza” Both were amazing!! Deep fried Mars Bar was fun too!

Pros: Pizza is Delicious , Best Vegan Cheese I’ve tasted, Good prices too

SilverTalbot

Contributions +120

13 Aug 2018

Best pizza, ever. - Edit

Ok, now I know pizza and they make one of the best slices I have ever had! My favorite is the Zachos and the Pig destroyer.. yummm. The dips are all amazing but my fav is definitely the garlic one. The doughnuts are good but not moist enough, in my opinion. I 100% recommend this place!

gisaster25

Contributions +215

04 Aug 2018

Unique vegan pizzas - Edit

I eat here all the time and the Fat Mac is my go-to slice. It's unlike any other slice of pizza. Pro tip is to pick up your food and eat it at the lovely Christie Pits Park across the street. I don't love their donuts but they sell out everyday so clearly they have fans.

anormality

Contributions +38

03 Aug 2018

LOVE IT 🍕 - Edit

Meilleure pizza Vegan! Les donuts sont également délicieux! Une excellente adresse à Toronto!

Pros: Best pizza , Donuts are really delicious , Not really expensive

Cons: Small

SkyFitzgerald

Contributions +858

30 Jul 2018

Pizza snacks n deep fried everything - Edit

A little hole-in-the-wall place with crispy pizza and amazing side options and desserts!! Can get pretty expensive so thank god you can buy it by the slice!! Super yummy though and funny pizza names. The cheese sticks were to DIE for. The doughnuts were sold out by the time we got there (7pm ish) though which is sad

Pros: Delicious, Big portions, Cool options and names

Cons: Ran out of doughnuts , Pretty small, not a lot of seats

KarenFreer

Contributions +34

11 Jul 2018

pizza pie - Edit

Super tasty all vegan. I am from England so maybe all pizza crust in Canada tastes a bit like pie? It was really tasty. I also tried some donuts there - very good.

Pros: totally vegan, nice staff, lots of choice

Cons: no wifi

Derina

Contributions +263

08 Jul 2018

Good Non-Daiya Vegan Cheese - Edit

We had a delicious selection of appetizers from Apiecalypse for a picnic at nearby Christie Pits park. The Yeezy bread, pizza, and poutine (gouda) had delicious vegan cheeses that vegan and omnivore friends enjoyed.

Pros: Lots of options, Interesting menu items, Good vegan cheeses

mell_eee

Contributions +34

29 Jun 2018

Amazing pizza! - Edit

My brother recommended we try the Fat Mac! What a game changer!!! Seriously amazing pizza!! We also tried the mozzarella sticks and poutine - both also very yummy!!!

verovero

Contributions +105

25 Jun 2018

Tasty toppings, odd crust - Edit

Love the toppings: creative and satisfying. The crust tastes a bit like gluten-free crust: a bit crumbly and not enough chew. It seems like it would be easy enough to fix, as there's nothing unvegan about normal pizza dough.

veganpierre

Contributions +36

30 May 2018

The Best! - Edit

Always excellent down to earth ‘real’ deal.

Pros: Great fast friendly service , Fair prices , Booze and open late! What more do you want!

Cons: Closed on Mondays

AngryToaster

MarkofHorror

Contributions +22

04 Apr 2018

Best pizza in town! - Edit

Everything I’ve had from here has been fantastic, delicious baked goodies and the best pizza in town!

princessefd

Contributions +24

26 Mar 2018

Love it! - Edit

Great pizza with a nice sitting area upstairs. We love their poutine!!

Pros: Casual, fast, tasty

janitajasmin

Contributions +176

13 Mar 2018

Amazing! - Edit

I got the ”Pepperoni” pizza and a cookies n cream donut. Both were absolutely delicious! They had a lot of room upstairs, which is great! And the pricing was okay too. 100% recommend this place!

MSVeganGal

Contributions +177

07 Mar 2018

Needs More Seating - Edit

When we walked into the restaurant around 12:30, we learned that there were only a few wobbly bar stools to sit on until 2 PM. After walking most of the day to explore Toronto, we really just wanted to be comfortable and rest while we ate, but apparently the six bar stools were it until 2 PM. This was not advertised anywhere on their website, so you can understand where I'm coming from. Nonetheless, my family and I thoroughly enjoyed the Zachos pizza, mozzarella stixx, and blueberry/maple donut. But since there were three of us, we took up half of the eating area available. :(

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: Little to no seating, Lack of information on website, Noisy

LizCardoso

Contributions +66

18 Feb 2018

Excellent Food - Edit

Excellent food. My husband bought me a slice for lunch and we went back to buy an entore pizza for dinner.
There can't be enough good things said about the place.

Pros: great food and a lot of options

WanderlustVegans

Contributions +74

13 Feb 2018

Creative Pizza Toppings - Edit

One of the highlights of visiting Toronto was getting to eat at Apiecalypse Now! after oggling vegan pizza on their instagram for ages. We had THE PIG DESTROYER DESTROYER, BBQ BUFFALOVER, THE FAT MAC and the CHILI-MAC & CHARLIE. All of them were delicious. Creative names, good vibe, cool logo, friendly staff and there is the FUBAR upstairs. Great place. Will definitely go again next time in Toronto.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Friendly Staff

rogueavocado

Contributions +96

09 Feb 2018

All-time top 5 - Edit

This place never disappoints. The food is consistently awesome. The service is great. I love being able to get a delicious vegan slice that's full of flavor. I go every chance I get.

Pros: amazing food, all vegan, many options

Cons: I always eat too much

ElleMarie

Contributions +71

07 Feb 2018

THE BEST - Edit

There will never be enough amazing things I can say about this place the folks who keep it going. The best and most wild pizza on the planet. Doughnuts and baked goodies to die for. Every vegan dipping sauce your heart has been aching for. The most down to earth and friendly folks behind the counter (shout out to Cole!). Hard working, ethically driven, vegan kitchen wizards and witches to the core! Nothing but absolute love for Apiecalypse ♥️🍕🍩

Pros: the most badass pizzas of life , beer + tables at Fubar upstairs, the rad folks who work there (++lgbtq++ safe space

NatashaKMN

Contributions +23

06 Feb 2018

Vegan Comfort Food Pizza - Edit

Really good :) Can't wait until they open the east end location.

RenaeKotorlis

Contributions +20

11 Jan 2018

Best pizza I've ever had, including any non-vegan pizzas I had in the past - Edit

This place has pizza making down to a fine art, really truly on point. We will absolutely be back to try all of the options, the hardest part of eating here is trying to choose!

Pros: Pizza perfection.

Cons: None, absolutely zero complaints. If you like pizz

JessikaRuman

Contributions +30

05 Jan 2018

delicious - Edit

I love that everything here was vegan and I didn't have to worry about checking through the ingredient lists. We had donuts, poutine, and pizza. It was all delicious. You definitely won't regret stopping by.

Pros: all vegan, great atmosphere, quick service

laurdanielle

Contributions +136

24 Dec 2017

Amazing vegan pizza and donuts - Edit

The vegan cheese and meats are very realistic and the donuts are delicious! Staff are super friendly and helpful. Easy to find and park nearby!

Pros: all vegan, vegan cheese and meats

maulydaft

Contributions +447

05 Nov 2017

Addictive for sure - Edit

When I think vegan pizza in town, my mind wanders to Apie. Awesomeness that can't be beat anywhere else.

I do wish there was a bit more veggie options. You'll not find broccoli or spinach here. Maybe not even mushrooms?

Staff remain friendly and pleasant even when busy!

Pros: Outrageously good pizza

Cons: don't bother with the donuts, line ups, they don't seem to deliver north of bloor

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.