Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar

+1-416-516-4555

735 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6G 2L7

Opened 2015 this is its 2nd outlet, a vegan pizzeria and snack food bar by the same owner as the bakery that was on Markham St (but shut in early-2016). Offers daily selection of vegan donuts and pizza. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by ajcrow

noodletoboggan

Points +597

15 Jul 2019

Bring your appetite! - Edit

Super tiny location but if the weather's warm, there is a park across the street. So much to pick from, the three pizza slices we tried were tasty and huge servings. The sides are also enormous, if ordering the Yeezy bread keep in mind this is nearly the size of a pizza. Our donuts were also fluffy and delicious. Make sure to bring friends, so you can sample everything!

Pros: All the junk food you could wish for

Cons: Tiny store

hokusai77

Points +9072

11 Jul 2019

Junk food paradise - Edit

Tiny location, always crowded, but this is vegan junk food paradise! We loved their hyper-topped pizzas!

fourleafcloveronica

Points +39

Vegetarian
27 Jun 2019

Ignored gluten intolerance - Edit

I ordered a gluten free pizza and they either didn’t listen or didn’t pay attention, either way I ended up ill all night. Wish I could give it a 1 star.

TanyaSanabria

Points +27

24 Jun 2019

Good variety - Edit

So much to choose from other than pizza. Poutine is pretty good here, and the wings are one of the best ive. Not a huge fan of their pizza dough and sauce though. Not much to complain about, the place is clean with a welcoming environment and prices are super affordable and reasonable

Pros: Fast service , Friendly staff, Food

oeyeel

Points +18

20 Jun 2019

Creative vegan comfort food!! - Edit

I love Apiecalypse and I swear I will come here for as long as they will have me! Their pizzas are delicious and hearty, with melty cheese and an incredibly savory toppings list, as well as gluten-free options. They also have other comfort foods such as poutines and mozzarella sticks, and delicious desserts! I love the vibe here; the staff is honest and helpful, and the water is free!

Pros: All vegan, Creative and filling comfort foods, Affordable

theresabee

Points +511

10 Jun 2019

Vegan Homer's Paradise! - Edit

This is the place to go if you're in the mood for a perfect slice of pizza and a Huge donut for dessert.

I'll start with dessert - these donuts are to die for. We tried the chocolate cheesecake, and it was heaven (and Huge).

Tried 3 slices of pizza and poutine. As for the pizza - the pepperoni was hands down my favourite. The Big Mac didn't do it for me (all I tasted was the lettuce), and the BBQ was good, and likely would be great if you're a BBQ fan, but just not quite up my alley. Poutine was fantastic, with great tasting curds and gravy! Very generous portions for what you pay for.

The seating area was a bit stuffy (we were on the main floor), and ended up heading outside to eat at the park across the road (luckily the weather was great!). Service was very good though. We were very happy and will definitely return.

Pros: Large portions, Pepperoni Pizza by the slice!, The donuts!

Cons: Stuffy interior

jessek

Points +665

29 Apr 2019

Filling, unique pizza - Edit

I had Mac & Charlie with buffalo chicken and the toppings were very good. However, I found the crust odd and it would fall apart every time I picked a slice up, making this definitely a messy meal. I was also disappointed that even though I ordered my pizza for-here, it was served in a disposable cardboard box. I would love to see real dishes for customers dining in to cut down on the waste.

bigheartstinyvegans

Points +126

21 Mar 2019

Best pizza ever, creative, fun and so good! - Edit

This place is amazing, they have upped the level of vegan creativity and have all the treats you could ever want! The mozzarella sticks are off the hook!

langela

Points +116

17 Mar 2019

Best pizza in the city - Edit

Easily the best pizza in the city.

They have really creative topping combinations that really work together and a few more traditional ones. Plus, their apps are DELICIOUS! Try the cauliflower wings. You won't be disappointed!

Their staff is super helpful and have always been awesome.

Pros: Great toppings , Friendly staff , Creative options

ren15

Points +32

15 Mar 2019

Really friendly staff! Great vibe and delicious food!! - Edit

Loved the vibe and environment of this cafe/restaurant. Very chill and friendly! Lots of great options & delicious food.

rpoulova

Points +178

14 Feb 2019

Amazing fast food/take-away - Edit

This was the first vegan place I visited after I moved to Toronto, and I have been going there ever since. It is a typical fast food place and the interior and atmosphere correspond to it, so do not expect fine dining. But! Everything they offer tastes just amazing, from pizza through sides to their donuts of many flavors. The perfect place to grab something quick when you feel like.

Pros: Prices, Taste, Location close to a metro station

Cons: Fast food environment

dbraith

Points +32

03 Jan 2019

Fun pizza spot & nice staff - Edit

Lots of interesting pizza choices. I had a hard time choosing but I ended up trying their Big Mac styled pizza. It was good but the crust wasn't my favorite. I would go back to try their other offerings.

BronFair

Points +393

30 Dec 2018

Always Amazing - Edit

I’ve been here so many times and have never been let down. The only problem is I always end up stuffing my face way too much! My favourite is the pepperoni pizza and Big Mac pizza. For apps I like the mozza sticks and jalapeño poppers. They have great dipping sauces too, especially the garlic one. This place is best for take out as there are not many seats. There is FuBar upstairs though, which I look forward to checking out soon.

drMike

Points +46

21 Dec 2018

Pizza? Anytime!! - Edit

Awesome pizza creations. Stop in anytime in the area. Yum.

robynschneider

Points +333

13 Dec 2018

My favourite - Edit

This is possibly my favourite Toronto eatery.
You will never go back after Apiecalypse.
The pizza is heaven, the mozza sticks are to die for.
No regrets. Go there and order as many slices as you can fit in your stomach.

Pros: Many options, Good for slices and whole pizza’s

pritchstan

Points +2897

26 Nov 2018

Great Vegan Pizza - Edit

Please offer a Vegan Chicken Bacon Ranch!

We have tried almost everything on the Menu. It is super affordable and filling. Most of the time the price we pay for 2 people is about $18 Cad /$14 USD (below is all in CAD).

They offer Arizona teas for $1. Large slices of pizza are $3 - $4 and the sides are mostly $5 - $8. All of the sauces are amazing and only $0.55.

The staff has always been super friendly and helpful. This has been surprisingly consistent. We've also seen posts by the owner working for equity for all. She is an ally, not just a vegan which makes us feel great spending our money here.

They have salad, Poutine, donuts, sweets and many fried foods in addition to pizza.

Not every single type of pizza is available every day. They seem to have the favorite ones and rotate two other pizza flavors (total of 6 pizza flavors available per slice each day I believe). If you want a pizza that is not in the case, you will need to buy an entire pizza rather than a slice.

Pizza:
*don't forget to add some dipping sauces

Slayer: Good, it didn't taste spicy, it had a good simple flavor.

White Walker: Creamy and filling (we got this to go and did not add the arugala back)

BBQ BuffaLover: Really good mix of flavors

PigDestroyerDestroyer: Our favorite, very complex mix of flavors that is delicious

FatMac: Really good flavor and surprisingly good with the lettuce.

Sides:

Mozzarella Styx: Wow super delicious, highly recommended. It tasted like earth island / follow your heart brand which is our favorite vegan cheese.

Jalapeño Popper: Good, but too spicy for me. My partner liked it. The jalapeños are fresh.

Crispy Tofu Nuggets: really great flavor on the breading. I normally don't like breaded tofu but this was really good.

Yeezy Bread: pretty good, but I found it to have too much bread, would get again though.

No Honey Mo Problems Wings: very sweet. These are tempeh pieces. Good not great. Probably would not get again

Tater Tachos: pretty good, we got it to go and I thought it could use more sauces. My partner really liked it.

Sauces:
Creamy Garlic: we loved this, garlicy and creamy

Ranch: good but a bit too much dill

Chedd'r Jalapeño: wow, perfect vegan replica to nacho cheese

Creamy Chipotle: great flavor

Sour Cream & Onion: wow amazing, I almost took extra home to dip with potato chips

Tamari/soy sauce: seemed ordinary

Marinara: great with the mozzarella styx
(we never tried the ketchup or mustard)

Washrooms: Were not gendered. Have been out of order each time we visited so it's best not to count on those being available.

Seating: There is little seating on the first level so I would recommend going upstairs.

We came during the winter but there is a park across the street which would be nice for a picnic or pet in the summer time.

Parking: street parking is the only option.

Really great place to get some delicious, affordable food. Highly recommend.

East side location was temporarily closed during November 2018 and had limited hours. So call before you visit that location.

Pros: Lots of great affordable options , Friendliest staff ever, More than just vegan Allies as well

Cons: No chicken bacon ranch pizza

midorigreen

Points +295

15 Nov 2018

Simply the best - Edit

The pizza was awesome. Loved the Fat Mac. Donuts were delicious and the non vegans I took them home to thought they were better than non-vegan ones. If I lived here I would visit every week. Instead it will be my first port of call on my next visit to Toronto.

Oliviafoti

Points +454

11 Oct 2018

Amazing pizza! - Edit

Wow comfort food heaven! Had the big Mac pizza (what?!), Simpson’s donut & deep fried mars bar. My tummy is so happy right now! Love this place!

Pros: Tasty and fast, Extensive menu

JoshFoti

Points +221

09 Oct 2018

Good pizza - Edit

Had the Big Mac and the bbq buffalo lover

Pros: Only vegan!

LyndaWilkinson

Points +86

15 Aug 2018

Best Pizza Ever - Edit

Had the Big Mac Pizza and the “Pig Destroyer Pizza” Both were amazing!! Deep fried Mars Bar was fun too!

Pros: Pizza is Delicious , Best Vegan Cheese I’ve tasted, Good prices too

SilverTalbot

Points +124

13 Aug 2018

Best pizza, ever. - Edit

Ok, now I know pizza and they make one of the best slices I have ever had! My favorite is the Zachos and the Pig destroyer.. yummm. The dips are all amazing but my fav is definitely the garlic one. The doughnuts are good but not moist enough, in my opinion. I 100% recommend this place!

gisaster25

Points +215

04 Aug 2018

Unique vegan pizzas - Edit

I eat here all the time and the Fat Mac is my go-to slice. It's unlike any other slice of pizza. Pro tip is to pick up your food and eat it at the lovely Christie Pits Park across the street. I don't love their donuts but they sell out everyday so clearly they have fans.

anormality

Points +38

03 Aug 2018

LOVE IT 🍕 - Edit

Meilleure pizza Vegan! Les donuts sont également délicieux! Une excellente adresse à Toronto!

Pros: Best pizza , Donuts are really delicious , Not really expensive

Cons: Small

SkyFitzgerald

Points +1182

30 Jul 2018

Pizza snacks n deep fried everything - Edit

A little hole-in-the-wall place with crispy pizza and amazing side options and desserts!! Can get pretty expensive so thank god you can buy it by the slice!! Super yummy though and funny pizza names. The cheese sticks were to DIE for. The doughnuts were sold out by the time we got there (7pm ish) though which is sad

Pros: Delicious, Big portions, Cool options and names

Cons: Ran out of doughnuts , Pretty small, not a lot of seats

KarenFreer

Points +40

11 Jul 2018

pizza pie - Edit

Super tasty all vegan. I am from England so maybe all pizza crust in Canada tastes a bit like pie? It was really tasty. I also tried some donuts there - very good.

Pros: totally vegan, nice staff, lots of choice

Cons: no wifi

Derina

Points +295

08 Jul 2018

Good Non-Daiya Vegan Cheese - Edit

We had a delicious selection of appetizers from Apiecalypse for a picnic at nearby Christie Pits park. The Yeezy bread, pizza, and poutine (gouda) had delicious vegan cheeses that vegan and omnivore friends enjoyed.

Pros: Lots of options, Interesting menu items, Good vegan cheeses

mell_eee

Points +34

29 Jun 2018

Amazing pizza! - Edit

My brother recommended we try the Fat Mac! What a game changer!!! Seriously amazing pizza!! We also tried the mozzarella sticks and poutine - both also very yummy!!!

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.