Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar

416-516-4555

735 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6G 2L7

Opened 2015 this is its 2nd outlet, a vegan pizzeria and snack food bar by the same owner as the bakery that was on Markham St (but shut in early-2016). Offers daily selection of vegan donuts and pizza. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by ajcrow

KarenFreer

Contributions +28

11 Jul 2018

pizza pie - Edit

Super tasty all vegan. I am from England so maybe all pizza crust in Canada tastes a bit like pie? It was really tasty. I also tried some donuts there - very good.

Pros: totally vegan, nice staff, lots of choice

Cons: no wifi

Derina

Contributions +251

08 Jul 2018

Good Non-Daiya Vegan Cheese - Edit

We had a delicious selection of appetizers from Apiecalypse for a picnic at nearby Christie Pits park. The Yeezy bread, pizza, and poutine (gouda) had delicious vegan cheeses that vegan and omnivore friends enjoyed.

Pros: Lots of options, Interesting menu items, Good vegan cheeses

mell_eee

Contributions +26

29 Jun 2018

Amazing pizza! - Edit

My brother recommended we try the Fat Mac! What a game changer!!! Seriously amazing pizza!! We also tried the mozzarella sticks and poutine - both also very yummy!!!

verovero

Contributions +44

25 Jun 2018

Tasty toppings, odd crust - Edit

Love the toppings: creative and satisfying. The crust tastes a bit like gluten-free crust: a bit crumbly and not enough chew. It seems like it would be easy enough to fix, as there's nothing unvegan about normal pizza dough.

veganpierre

Contributions +32

30 May 2018

The Best! - Edit

Always excellent down to earth ‘real’ deal.

Pros: Great fast friendly service , Fair prices , Booze and open late! What more do you want!

Cons: Closed on Mondays

AngryToaster

MarkofHorror

Contributions +22

04 Apr 2018

Best pizza in town! - Edit

Everything I’ve had from here has been fantastic, delicious baked goodies and the best pizza in town!

princessefd

Contributions +24

26 Mar 2018

Love it! - Edit

Great pizza with a nice sitting area upstairs. We love their poutine!!

Pros: Casual, fast, tasty

janitajasmin

Contributions +176

13 Mar 2018

Amazing! - Edit

I got the ”Pepperoni” pizza and a cookies n cream donut. Both were absolutely delicious! They had a lot of room upstairs, which is great! And the pricing was okay too. 100% recommend this place!

MSVeganGal

Contributions +177

07 Mar 2018

Needs More Seating - Edit

When we walked into the restaurant around 12:30, we learned that there were only a few wobbly bar stools to sit on until 2 PM. After walking most of the day to explore Toronto, we really just wanted to be comfortable and rest while we ate, but apparently the six bar stools were it until 2 PM. This was not advertised anywhere on their website, so you can understand where I'm coming from. Nonetheless, my family and I thoroughly enjoyed the Zachos pizza, mozzarella stixx, and blueberry/maple donut. But since there were three of us, we took up half of the eating area available. :(

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: Little to no seating, Lack of information on website, Noisy

LizCardoso

Contributions +42

18 Feb 2018

Excellent Food - Edit

Excellent food. My husband bought me a slice for lunch and we went back to buy an entore pizza for dinner.
There can't be enough good things said about the place.

Pros: great food and a lot of options

WanderlustVegans

Contributions +58

13 Feb 2018

Creative Pizza Toppings - Edit

One of the highlights of visiting Toronto was getting to eat at Apiecalypse Now! after oggling vegan pizza on their instagram for ages. We had THE PIG DESTROYER DESTROYER, BBQ BUFFALOVER, THE FAT MAC and the CHILI-MAC & CHARLIE. All of them were delicious. Creative names, good vibe, cool logo, friendly staff and there is the FUBAR upstairs. Great place. Will definitely go again next time in Toronto.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Friendly Staff

rogueavocado

Contributions +84

09 Feb 2018

All-time top 5 - Edit

This place never disappoints. The food is consistently awesome. The service is great. I love being able to get a delicious vegan slice that's full of flavor. I go every chance I get.

Pros: amazing food, all vegan, many options

Cons: I always eat too much

ElleMarie

Contributions +71

07 Feb 2018

THE BEST - Edit

There will never be enough amazing things I can say about this place the folks who keep it going. The best and most wild pizza on the planet. Doughnuts and baked goodies to die for. Every vegan dipping sauce your heart has been aching for. The most down to earth and friendly folks behind the counter (shout out to Cole!). Hard working, ethically driven, vegan kitchen wizards and witches to the core! Nothing but absolute love for Apiecalypse ♥️🍕🍩

Pros: the most badass pizzas of life , beer + tables at Fubar upstairs, the rad folks who work there (++lgbtq++ safe space

NatashaKMN

Contributions +23

06 Feb 2018

Vegan Comfort Food Pizza - Edit

Really good :) Can't wait until they open the east end location.

RenaeKotorlis

Contributions +20

11 Jan 2018

Best pizza I've ever had, including any non-vegan pizzas I had in the past - Edit

This place has pizza making down to a fine art, really truly on point. We will absolutely be back to try all of the options, the hardest part of eating here is trying to choose!

Pros: Pizza perfection.

Cons: None, absolutely zero complaints. If you like pizz

JessikaRuman

Contributions +30

05 Jan 2018

delicious - Edit

I love that everything here was vegan and I didn't have to worry about checking through the ingredient lists. We had donuts, poutine, and pizza. It was all delicious. You definitely won't regret stopping by.

Pros: all vegan, great atmosphere, quick service

laurdanielle

Contributions +136

24 Dec 2017

Amazing vegan pizza and donuts - Edit

The vegan cheese and meats are very realistic and the donuts are delicious! Staff are super friendly and helpful. Easy to find and park nearby!

Pros: all vegan, vegan cheese and meats

maulydaft

Contributions +435

05 Nov 2017

Addictive for sure - Edit

When I think vegan pizza in town, my mind wanders to Apie. Awesomeness that can't be beat anywhere else.

I do wish there was a bit more veggie options. You'll not find broccoli or spinach here. Maybe not even mushrooms?

Staff remain friendly and pleasant even when busy!

Pros: Outrageously good pizza

Cons: don't bother with the donuts, line ups, they don't seem to deliver north of bloor

Yasminesan

Contributions +937

28 Oct 2017

Insanely good pizza - Edit

Excellent vegan pizza by the slice! Constantly changing and varying options. They also sell other things like jalapeño poppers, doughnuts and more. I would say it is comparable to Screamers in New York, but with way nicer staff and a cool and alternative vibe. The White Walker pizza was my favourite.

Pros: Taste, Selection

Cons: Opening times

SophieMamedov

Contributions +42

16 Oct 2017

Tasty pizza - Edit

We had two pizzas, mine was with nachos (I didn't notice that when I ordered) and I didn't like that one actually. Nice, not awesome. My boyfriend ordered a slice with pork I think and his was really good! The place was hot and not well ventilated. I want to come back to try different slices. I think they have only 4 options though.

Cons: Not enough ventilation

GoOtterGo

Contributions +98

20 Sep 2017

Good Company, Good Food - Edit

They're a wonderful company who support the local vegan community a lot. Their food is decent, and isn't overpriced.

Their delivery leaves something to desire, every thing we've ever got delivered has arrived cold, but we're also a little far I guess (Roncesvalles).

The Fat Mac is my go-to, and my partner swears by the Reunion Tour.

Pros: Big Mac-styled pizza , Serve beer upstairs

Cons: Delivers cold pizza almost always. Eat in!

Drhannahj

Contributions +368

08 Sep 2017

Delicious!! - Edit

This place was simply amazing. Very small, limited seating. Nice staff. All vegan place. I had a major feast - I grabbed a slice of what was on display... the Fat Mac - quite simply one of the best pizza's I've ever had!! I had a side of poutine with smoked gouda. Then to top it all off i had a deep fried mars bar. I ate in (It was very warm inside this restaurant though) -
bar stool seating only. I was so stuffed, but I loved everything I tried! Definitely a must for Toronto visitors!!!!!

Pros: All vegan!

egnirysbust

Contributions +88

13 Aug 2017

Absolutely Delicious - Edit

I'm so glad I stopped by this place. They had 4 different pizzas to choose slices from or you could order a pizza to go. The price was really good (about $4 a slice... and they're big slices) and the two slices I got (BBQ and the Pig Destroyer Destroyer) were delicious. The customer service was great too.

Pros: Delicious, Good price, Great customer service

Venividivincent

Contributions +21

Vegetarian
13 Aug 2017

Dang. - Edit

Currently full to bursting from noshing on this delicious vegan pizza. Excellent junk food. Fun atmosphere and staff. The restaurant is hella hot inside though.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Hot ovens

vagabondvegan

Contributions +62

10 Aug 2017

Best Vegan Pizza In Toronto - Edit

Awesome vegan food that won't break the bank. Definitely recommend.

Pros: Good Food, Not Too Busy

annaboulog

Contributions +16

21 Jul 2017

Absolutely amazing - Edit

We were very hungry after our long trip and happy to arrive at Apiecalypse. We bought about 9 pizza slices. We took them to the park nearby and ate them there. They were absolutely delicious. One of the best vegan pizzas I've had. Normally the pizza I eat is simple and without vegan cheese, so I was happy to eat some pizza with really good vegan cheese! Would go back for sure. 10/10.

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-21

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apiecalypse Now Pizza and Snack Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.