Apfelsinchen

Holmpassage, Flensburg, Germany, 24937

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small restaurant in a shopping center. Has fresh juice, muesli, fruit salad, and some vegetarian meals. Please let HappyCow know if veg-options are good enough to continue to list this business.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, German, Non-veg

First Review by theseitanist

Not really vegan-friendly - Edit

I made the same experiences, we asked a lot of times for a vegan dish or option and only one time we got a main dish. That they start to sell meat dishes now is a very sad story...

Pros: Vegetarian Food

Cons: most of the times no vegan options, started to sell meat

Not as vegan-friendly as they claim - Edit

Whenever we visit my boyfriends family I have a pretty hard time to find nice vegan food when we're out. On my first visit I was still a vegetarian and his mother would get us a few dishes from "Apfelsinchen". They've all been really good and tasty and I would recommend them to vegetarians, but I cannot confirm that the shop is vegan-friendly. After I went vegan I experienced something entirely different. Whenenver we went there, there were no vegan dishes on the menu and even when asking if there were any vegan options, I was told they could not offer me anything. Also I was shocked to see that they started offering omnivore meals, too. Apparently because people complained that there were no dishes with meat. I can't imagine anyone would visit a vegetarian takeaway and complain about none of the dishes being omnivore, when the place is crowded with omnivore takeaways and there is even a butchery selling lunch right next to it. Maybe I'll have more luck next time. As I said: I'd recommend it to vegetarians, because the dishes were good. I am just kinda disappointed, because Flensburg does not offer many options for vegans and a takeaway like that could have a lot of potential and could probably be even more successful without the omnivore dishes and with better options for vegans.

Pros: fresh food, friendly staff, good portions

Cons: not vegan-friendly, started selling omnivore dishes

Return to Flensburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apfelsinchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.