Apagio Taverna

Contact +30-22980-26219

Poros Island, Poros, Greece,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Greek island food. The owners will make something vegan by custom request. Some items on the menu are already vegan suitable. Very casual and English speaking.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by NickyP01

Brilliant find! - Edit

We ate here on the last night of a roadtrip in September 2016, and it was our favourite meal of the whole trip. The staff were super friendly and welcoming, and knew exactly what to suggest when we said we were vegan. The restaurant has a lovely friendly family-run atmosphere.

We ended up eating a delicious meal of tomato fritters, fava, gemista (stuffed peppers) and of course Greek salad. The food was all locally sourced and beautifully cooked.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant to any vegetarians or vegans visiting Poros!

Pros: Delicious veg options, Lovely atmosphere, Friendly staff

Brilliant for a non-veg redtaurant! - Edit

Items on the menu are not clearly marked but if asked the staff (who all speak perfect English) will tell you the ingridients. The lady of the restsurant said she was also vegan (I didn't say I was, she just figured it out!) so knew straight away what I was looking for and recimmended me dishes. I was pleased it was more then just salad.

Pros: Friendly staff, good service, and cats! lots and l

Cons: nothing

You must go to the Apagio! - Edit

One of the best experiences we had in Europe. This family run business is located right on the water and the outdoor seating is ideal. The food was amazing. Fava dip, tomato and zucchini fritters, rocket salad, boiled greens, stuffed mushrooms and tomatoes, artison bread, potato salad, pasta, grilled veggies and many others. The food was fresh and and the flavors were incredible. This family takes great pride in their product, and really goes the extra mile. For example, Spiros the husband of the couple that owns the restaurant cures his own capers that he picks himself. He takes a small boat out to a little rocky island where they grow, and climbs cliffs to collect the capers and leaves to cure. These were by far the best capers I have ever had.
This amazing couple also created a vegan menu for us and started handing it out to other tables as well. They wrote them out by hand and decorated them with dried wild flowers.
They took such great care of us that we ate there every day. Not only was the food out of this world, but the family was so kind and gracious. At night locals would gather and play guitar and sing greek classics and even a few english covers. I feel like I can't say enough about how great our time was at the Apagio. I highly recommend the Apagio Taverna and the only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because this web site will not let you give the highest rating to a restaurant that serves meat, but as a vegan I can say that we ate like kings, and the service and willingness to cater to our diet was better than most all veg restaurants. If your a vegetarian in Poros than go check it out you wont regret it!

Pros: lots of options, family run , local evening hang out

Cons: serves meat

Return to Poros Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Apagio Taverna closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.