Antica Latteria

• Bakery Bakery
  • ( 6 reviews )

Via Luciano Manara, 61, Messina, Italy, 98123

Serves options for vegan cakes, ice cream, coffee and more. Has plant milk for drinks. Open Mon-Sat 07:00-20:30. Closed Sun. Closed National Holidays.

Categories: Bakery

First Review by luvi_miniowl

sadav

Points +20

25 Sep 2021

Good options and great service

A few vegan options including granita, gelato, cannoli and croissants, friendly atmosphere and everything was delicious!

cricket93

Points +219

21 May 2021

Knowledgeable staff

The staff are very knowledgeable about making vegan products and they have a range of desserts, ice cream flavors and 🥐

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Friendly staff , Good pricing

GiuliaBisonni

Points +23

Vegetarian
17 Jul 2020

Amazing vegan cannoli with pistachio

I had a few vegan cannoli with pistachios and i loved them! Also, the croissants with sambuco and raspberries was amazing! You just need to order it in advance or alternatively to wait for a few mins while they make it for you.

Updated from previous review on 2020-07-17

Pros: Pistachios cannoli , Friendly staff

sevgi

Points +32

02 Mar 2020

Wonderful ice cream

When I visited they had a whole fridge filled with only vegan desserts, I bought a big ice cream with chokled and white cream that tasted amazing, it was another taste in it too that I don't know what it was but it was very good and made the texture very good.

The staff was very friendly, funny and helpful as well and would gladly answer any questions and tell you about the desserts 😊
I really recomend this place if you're in Messina and have time to visit.

Pros: A lot of vegan options

Cons: The prices was normal

Veganolive1

Points +3209

17 May 2019

Lovely Place & Lovely People

L'Antica Latteria is a small cafe bar run by Annette and Maurizio and they sell vegan cakes, pastries and ice creams, all homemade. I went for a mid morning coffee, whilst visiting Messina on a cruise and sat inside as it was drizzly, but on a sunny day you could sit outside. I was in no doubt they sold vegan products, as you could not miss the big green sign proudly displayed on the front door.

The cakes and pastries looked amazing and I wish I had not just eaten a huge breakfast, so only had a coffee, but Maurizio explained he even made the ice cream too. The espresso coffee sure hit the spot, strong and dark, it was delicious and a bargain at €1.60 for two. The coffee was so good I could have drunk another, but as I usually drink decaf, there was no way, otherwise I would have been awake all night.

I had a little chat with Annette and Maurizio as I speak a little Italian and what lovely people they are, so next time in Messina I will definitely go back and try the cakes. Highly recommended.

Pros: Vegan cakes, pastries ice cream

luvi_miniowl

Points +69

25 Sep 2018

Vegan traditional Sicilian breakfast

Very good place, nice environment, maybe a little "old" on the inside - but you can seat outside.
Here you can enjoy the traditional granita of Messina with vegan whipped cream, vegan bakery, and they assured me that soon there will be traditional sicilian patisserie in a vegan version (setteveli cake and so on). Honest prices and gentle and careful staff.
Let's wait and see!

Return to Messina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Antica Latteria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.