Anthony's Dandelion Deli and Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 775-322-6100

1170 S Wells Ave, Reno, Nevada, USA, 89502

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little deli cafe with daily vegan and gluten-free specials, soups, and baked goods. Does a monthly dinner with a rotating menu.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by American Valkyrie

Awesome food, sad hours - Edit

I love this place, it is definitely in my top three favorite places to get vegan food. They are able to make almost anything vegan and also have cheese, mayo, etc substitutes. The only downfall is their hours are strange. Not open very late and closed most weekends.

Great Deli in Reno! - Edit

I can't really add too much more than what has already been written, but since noone has sent in a review for 2013, I will post my own thoughts about this deli. I love eating here, whether by myself or with my husband. I have been to Anthony's three times now and each lunch special is great. I love the seasoning esp. Last wk. I had the curry rice/veg bowl an it was so yummy. I was pleasantly surprised that it had enough curry to satisfy me completely. A new older lady works up at the register now and she is very pleasant. I like the fact that Anthony (who cooks in the back most of the time), is always checking on how things are going in the front and if anyone needs help. I have even seen him ask customers if their food was satisfactory.
I have learned the hard way, not to look very much in the bakery case! I love their carrot cake too much to resist the temptation. They also have great homemade brewed non sweetened tea by the ice water that I think is very refreshing.

Pros: clean and friendly, fast service, servings are plentiful and reasonable

Cons: during summer no monthly dinners, closed on Sundays

Great Hummus Pitas - Edit

Overall, this cafe is good. During my first few visits, I was well received; on the last, the younger, female cashier was a witch. I'm afraid to go back there now.

Anthony's is very Veg-Friendly; most of the staff is friendly as well.

Pros: Options, Location

Cons: Too many Sweets Offered

Tostada yum yum ;) - Edit

Went for the first time today and was very impressed. Had the vegan special today, a tostada that was like a Mexican lasagna, and was FREAKING FANTASTIC. The female server was great, she made me a unique kind of herbal lemon soy latte that was her own creation, and all of their sides and baked goods were vegan too. I tried the pumpkin bread, and it was super moist and spicy...just awesome! I only wish they were open during dinner hours, and that they served vegan pancakes...I am a sucker for pancakes.

Pros: Daily Specials, Vegan Baked yummies, Staff

Cons: hours, Chai not vegan, lack of pancakes, lol

New vegan in Reno...so happy - Edit

After moving to Reno, I have been pleasantly surprised to find that many restaurants do have vegan options. However, I am now happy to be living in Reno after visiting the Dandelion Deli and Cafe. I love that there are different vegan specials everyday and everything I have had so far has been both healthy and delicious..and then there is the baked goods...I love that I can go there for tea and a baked good. The owners and staff are very friendly and it is a great local place. Note, I felt welcomed even with my small children and the kids liked the daily specials I have ordered for them.

Pros: vegan baked goods, daily vegan specials, nice atmosphere

Cons: serves meat also

Must-try gem in Reno! - Edit

Not only does Anthony's Dandelion Deli have daily vegetarian, vegan and gluten free lunch specials in addition to their regular menu, they also always have vegan & gluten free desserts in the cooler (from cookies to muffins/cupcakes to carrot cake etc.) and they do a monthly Saturday night dinner. The dinner menu is all vegetarian, and mostly vegan and gluten free. It's seasonal fare with a different menu each time, including appetizers and desserts. Also, every entree comes with either soup or salad. We went almost every month in 2011 and truly enjoyed every single dish. There's usually also some live guitar music, which makes for a great atmosphere. This is one of the best places to eat in Reno!

Pros: excellent food, seasonal menu, small local business

Cons: dinner is only once a month

RenoVegans Loved It! - Edit

Finally got a group outing together for the monthly meal. We'll be going every month from now on, hopefully growing larger every time. I had the root vegetable stew which was great. Others had sweet potato tamales, vegan chili and the tofu pot pie. Some in the group are just starting their vegan path and loved all of it. Black forest cake with vegan ice cream was a big hit. I had the vegan bread pudding and was amazed it tasted so good. We love Anthony and his friendly staff. Will be there every month bar none!

Pros: homey, comfortable, great vegan desserts, delicious

The best thing about Reno - Edit

Let's be honest. I do not like Reno. My personality changes as soon as I enter the city. I become grumpy & irritated. Until I reach the Dandelion Deli.
The staff is wonderful & so is the food! I had a salad, the Tomato Basil Soup, & the Zucchini, Tofu & Walnut Parmesan - SO GOOD!
It was so worth the stop to grab dinner on my way to Sacramento. If you're in the area & looking for a friendly, relaxing place to grab a bite to eat you'll be warmly welcomed at the Dendelion Deli!

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, healthy cuisine

Tasty Food! - Edit

Went for my first time today with my friends and it was delicious! My sandwich was vegan, tasty and filling and my vegan carrot cake dessert was amazing compared to some of the other vegan baked goods I have had. Overall a great experience!

Five Stars!! - Edit

I've eaten here several times and have loved everything I've tried. I think the menu specials change daily, which is cool because I like to try new things! I had a vegan quesadilla last time I went and it was soooo good! I always get a vegan cupcake when I go there too because they're too delicious to resist! I definitely recommend!!

Pros: CUPCAKES, Excellent Food, friendly staff

Thumbs up!! - Edit

I regret not ordering the vegan quiche special for the day, but the pita and hummus with veggies and a cup of vegan chili worked out great. The ambience is nice and the food is delicious. The only caveat is that it's located in a strip mall in a questionable area of town. No outside seating. I would prefer this place over pneumatic due to the freshness of the food. Closes around 4 pm on weekdays and is closed on sundays.

Pros: vegan options, non-veggie options, ambience

Cons: location, no outdoor seating

Best Vegan restaurant ever! - Edit

We just stopped in Reno on our way back to Utah from California and found this restaurant on HappyCow. What a find! They have the best sandwiches I have ever tasted, and deserts that have none of those funky Vegan watered down tastes. I only wish there was a similar place near Bullfrog, (yeah right...).

Pros: Excellent Food, Outstanding Desserts, Very freindly service!

Great Place! - Edit

My husband and I ate here after finding them listed on Happy Cow. We were very pleased! I am a very strict vegetarian and my husband is not a vegetarian. Both of us loved the food! I really enjoyed the very veggie sandwhich and vegetarian chili! We have tried their vegan cupcakes and their vegan carrot cake...both were amazing! I would definetly reccomend this restaurant to vegans and vegetarians!

Pros: Delicious!

Amazing - Edit

Dandelion is my favorite place to eat, everything I have had has been absolutely delicious. They have vegetarian and vegan specials everyday so you can try something new each time. You won't be disappointed!

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy Cuisine, Great Value

WOW - Edit

My friend and I have been going here for about 7yrs. and each year on our birthdays we surprise each other with a different vegan cake! Not only is the food fantastic, but if you have a sweet tooth, this is the place for you. I love the family atmosphere!

my visit to dandy - Edit

Great place !had the pita with hummus,they clover sprouts which were deliscious. The bakery goods were amazing ! I definitely go back for a visit.the only downside was there not open on the weekend. I was visiting thurs thru monday

loved it - Edit

This is a very cute vegan friendly cafe. Their sandwiches, soups, salads, and vegan deserts are wonderful. The biggest disappointment was that they aren't open for dinner or on the weekend.

Pros: excellent food, great setting

Cons: not open after 4pm, not open on weekends

Fabulous food - Edit

Very impressed with this restaurant. I'm vegan, and am extremely satisfied with their vegan selections. Everything has always been terrific. And even though you order at the counter, the service is impeccable -- they really make you feel like you're taken care of. The desserts are OUTSTANDING -- vegan cupcakes and cakes and cookies, OMG!!

The only con? I wish they had even more vegan offerings -- which isn't really a con since I just want more of their food!!!

Pros: Consistently good food, Desserts are out of this world, Friendly staff

Cons: Wish they had more vegan offerings

Get the special! - Edit

Every time I have visited the Dandelion Deli I have been satisfied! I have a huge sweet tooth so I come here knowing that I will have a great vegan dessert. I had a wonderful slice of double layered vegan raspberry cake with a creamy frosting. The vegan chocolate cupcakes are decadent and rich. I order the vegan lunch special of which there are usually 2. I had a sweet and sour couscous wrap which consisted of zucchini, tofu, tomatoes, and a very delicious S&S sauce. Yummy!!

Pros: Great Service, Many Vegan Choices, Lots of Desserts

Cons: Not always open for dinner

I know it's safe for my family! - Edit

This year, we put my autistic son on a gluten-free diet. His positive response was so overwhelming that I decided to follow the same diet... again, with overwhelmingly positive results. We were not aware of how gluten-intolerant we were until we both accidentally ate gluten and got sick (and my son got behaviorally erratic.) I know of only four restaurants in the Reno/Sparks area where I know we can go and find something safe for our diets. Dandelion Deli is foremost on that list... we can find so much there, and we KNOW it's safe!

Pros: absolutely delicious, safe for gluten intolerance, always a safe choice for all diets

Cons: open for breakfast and lunch, not open Sundays, parking lot is packed at lunch

Return to Reno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Anthony's Dandelion Deli and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5064 times since Aug 2007.