Annapurna's World Vegetarian Cafe - 4th St

• Friend
Contact 505-254-2424

5939 4th St NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87107

The third Annapurna's Cafe, opened in the summer of 2009. Features Ayurvedic Indian cooking, a variety of teas and chai tea (with soymilk option), and in-house bakery. Vegan-friendly with gluten free options. Previously at 7520 4th St NW. Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Bakery, Ayurvedic

First Review by ElizabethBond

Great Option - Edit

I really enjoy all the Annapurna locations. They have a variety of Indian options, but you can get a great BLT here too (which they will happily wrap in a dosa for you). I'm not a fan of their samosas or their desserts, but I have enjoyed everything else I've tried. They have a wide variety of teas as well, if that's your thing. Pretty normal prices, casual atmosphere.

Pros: Drink options, Variety of food

Cons: Desserts are sub par

Amazing - Edit

While traveling to New Mexico on business for two weeks, I visited Annapurna's on a regular basis. All of my vegan meals were delicious. The main dishes and desserts were amazing. All vegans should visit this location when in the area.

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Friendly staff

Contributions +18

Flavorful and unique! - Edit

Annapurna is divine. The dishes are sooo flavorful, the menu is easy to discern (symbols indicate the vegan and gluten-free options) and everything is at least vegetarian! What a treat. This place is a must for healthy foodies in New Mexico!

Pros: atmosphere, easy-to-understand menu, almost all vegan!

Eh.. - Edit

My husband & I stopped in to try it & maybe we just got them on a bad night. we ordered several items to try & shared them. There was a table of 3 screaming kids, so it wasn't exactly peaceful & we found that while the food was fresh, it lacked any seasonings whatsoever. The saag pander, a dish I'm very familiar with, was more of an undercooked, over food processed soup with no flavor. We also found the veggie dish we ordered to be overcooked & not so good. Might try them again on a different day but I wasn't at all impressed for a first impression.

Pros: Healthy food, Definitely vegetarian, Good portions

Cons: Little flavor, Overcooked, Iffy experience

Grest place, but a little inconsistent - Edit

I've eaten here several time & it is great to have a good vegetarian restaurant in the north valley. While I enjoy the food, it can be a little inconsistent. Recently took out of town visitors to dinner, and while my kitchari was tasty & served quickly, it was 20 minutes later that my guests were served their food. One had ordered a quinoa salad without onions (due to an allergy) and the other ordered a quesadilla. What they finally received was a salad with onions and a small cheese pizza. The counterman apologized & came back 10 minutes later with the quesadilla. In consideration of the error he also brought four free vegan cookies. Our guests were very unimpressed & not pleased with the experience.

Pros: atmosphere, cleanliness

Cons: wrong order, slow kitchen service, inconsistent

Very Satisfying Food, Many Gluten-Free Options - Edit

We ate at Annapurna's twice in June of this year, and found the food, much of which is gluten-free, to be very satisfying. I enjoyed the Utthapam, which is sort of like a small, gluten-free pizza. It can be ordered with or without cheese (I had mine without). The spicy Sambar soup was a perfect complement to the Utthapam. My partner and I both loved the desserts. On our first visit, we selected several of the ball-shaped pastries, which are made with dates and other dried fruits and are scrumptious, particularly the chocolate-dipped ones! The second time, I had the sweet potato pie, which I think was the best I have ever tasted!

The service at Annapurna's was efficient, and we did not have to wait long for our food. The atmosphere was pleasant and calm. The restroom was extremely clean. Very nice restaurant.

Pros: Many vegan, gluten-free options, Sambar is excellent!, Pleasant atmosphere; very clean

Vegetarian Heaven - Edit

Annapurnas is 100% vegetarian and everything on the menu is first and foremost delicious and secondly, focused towards the Ayurvedic system of nutrition. You don't need to know your dosha to enjoy the delicious food though! There are numerous vegan and gluten free options as well. The daily soups are my favorite - along with the award winning vegan carrot cake and an amazing (large) selection of teas.

Pros: delicious food, high quality organic ingredints, peaceful friendly staff

Cons: hmmm..haven't found any yet

A Little Piece of Heaven! - Edit

Using Happy Cow, I searched for a vegan-friendly restaurant close to work. Annapurna's was the first on the list so I decided to give it a whirl. The food was DIVINE. I ordered a sampler and enjoyed every single bite (which was more than I could chew, so I have some leftovers for dinner!) I cooled off with a perfect chilled chai tea made with soy, and then chatted with the manager when I was near done my meal. The price is good, the food was perfection, and the girl behind the counter told me that almost anything can be made vegan. Does it really get any better than this? Absolutely yes, only because they have one location near my work and another near my home. This is going to be a weekly treat for me!

Pros: Healthy Cuisine, Friendly Staff, Tastiest Indian Food EVER

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Annapurna's World Vegetarian Cafe - 4th St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5599 times since Jul 2009.