Annamarie's Place

610-948-0590

347 Main St, Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA, 19468

Serves meat, vegan options available. American breakfast joint, with a hometown feel. Main menu is typical breakfast fare, but tucked away on the smaller paper menu are choice of vegan pancakes. The staff will confirm if you want vegan butter with your pancake order, and kitchen will cook home fries on a clean area of the cooker as well. Gets busy. Open Tue-Fri 6:00am-1:30pm, Sat 6:00am-12:30pm, Sun 7:00am-1:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by JackiN

Used to be a must-visit, but food contmination issues - Edit

I've eaten here dozens of times over multiple years, and thoroughly appreciate that they have vegan marked options (the pancakes).

Unfortunately, I have found small pieces of bacon in the pancakes on three different visits.

The first time, okay, mistakes happen. They remade them, were very apologetic, and I wasn't charged for the order. I was told that the preparation area was cleaned for vegan orders, but that as the bacon was stored nearby that it must have been the cause. I felt like that was more than enough of a satisfactory response.

The second time, I was more upset, and declined a re-make.

The third time, recently, I specifically asked when ordering that they avoid any bacon. Not just cross-contamination, but specifically explained why I was making this request. I found a 1/2" chunk of it in my vegan pancake. I would like to believe that it was a continued accident that the root cause was not fixed, but the more paranoid might ask if this was being done on purpose as the exact same issue spread over a year is a lot.

I'd like to laugh it off, and make the joke that most people would welcome free bacon, but unfortunately it's happened multiple times and I am really sad to say that I won't be returning.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options (see negatives), Local independently owned restaurant, Popular and great vibe on weekends

Cons: Meat contamination, Bacon found in vegan pancakes multiple times

Yay! Breakfast! - Edit

It's your very typical breakfast diner. Located in a cute town and filled with interesting locals. They happened to also have a vegan special when I went- French Toast. I sprung for that. It was served with vegan butter and then I also got a side of potatoes. Worked for me! Will be going back to try pancakes at a later date since they are on the menu.

Pros: inexpensive, listed as vegan- no lengthy conversation necessary

Cons: only one or two options without getting creative, cash tip only

Return to Royersford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Annamarie's Place closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.