Annam Brahma

Contact 718-523-2600

84-43 164th St (at Queens), Jamaica, New York, USA, 11432

Vegetarian Indian restaurant with a peaceful atmosphere. Prices cheap to moderate. Alo chops, chapati roll-up, mango lassi, and more. All-you-can-eat smorgasbord on Sunday. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed 11:00am-4:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Indian, International, Take-out

First Review by Cheryl27

Not Exciting - Edit

If you look at their menu, you will probably know if you would like it or not. They state that they are a Vegetarian and Indian Restaurant - but they really don't have much Indian food, they also have Chinese and Italian dishes, and even veggie burgers! With that combination, you can probably guess that the Indian food lacks the complexity of good Indian food.

I tried their chickpea curry and their masala dosa. The dosa was small, which isn't a problem - and it tasted fine. The sambar that came with it was good, but lacked any spiciness. I wouldn't call it bland, but it was very, very mild. The chickpea curry was very plain.

The food wasn't bad - it just wasn't exciting, it didn't have the wonderful mix of flavors and spices that I love with Indian food. It was what I might expect from a restaurant that has both Indian and Italian food on the same menu.

The atmosphere was pleasant - better than I've seen at many Indian restaurants. It was well-lit, peaceful, clean, and pleasant.

Service was great. Our waitress was polite and friendly. My colleagues and I were involved in our conversation, and the waitress had to come back for our order a few times - but we didn't feel rushed.

Pros: Pleasant atmosphere, Clean, Good service

Cons: Unexciting food, Strange menu options

Divine atmosphere and food - Edit

The atmosphere in Annam Brahma is simply DIVINE. It feels like an Indian temple. A very tangible experience.

The food is excellent!

I've had quite a few curries there, a veggie burger, and a masala dosa. All really good.

Of the cakes my favourite is the Cheesecake. It is the best cheesecake I have ever had. Seriously!

They also have a nice selection of interesting drinks, hot and cold, including smoothies.

The staff are very friendly and kind.

Pros: divine atmosphere, fantastic food, very friendly staff

Amazing! - Edit

This was an awesome experience. The selection was great, and the food tasted great! Most importantly the staff were super friendly and kind, probably because they practise meditation with Master Sri Chinmoy. I will be back!

Pros: Spiritual atmosphere, Great selection, Great taste

Return to Jamaica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Annam Brahma closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.