Annalakshmi Janatha

• Vegetarian

104 Amoy Street, CBD, Central Singapore, Singapore, 069924

Vegetarian Indian restaurant created to preserve and teach Indian culture/cuisine. Reservations can be made for private functions after 7pm weekdays and 11am-9pm Sunday. 10 min walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT in East West Line, Near Raffles Place MRT.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by bandita

Nice place - Edit

Went here today for lunch without knowing much about it. It's a nice buffet, with enough choice to find what you like. You can refill if necessary. There was poori as bread, but I understand that it changes depending on the day. My surprise was when I left and asked for the price. The lady told me to give whatever I wanted to. Being new in Singapore, without much reference I gave $10. Honestly it's worth more. So next time I'll give more to compensate.

Pros: the food, the pay-what-you-want concept

Cons: many people, though you'll find a place if you are

Wonderful indian selection, beautiful setting - Edit

I was taking a look at all the reviews I've written here and was shocked I never wrote anything on this place, and to see no other reviews written here because this was my favorite restaurant my 2 years in Singapore. I left Singapore 1 1/2 years ago and vividly remember and miss this place. If I were to ever vacation there someday, no matter how short a visit, that would be my must-go-to place. I took numerous carnivore friends there and every single one loved it. No, there's no mock meats here, nor anything that taste like meat, but doesn't have to. Everything is wonderfully delicious, especially if you love spices. Everything has it's own unique taste. I love the buffet. They have such a unique concept too. You pay what you feel it's worth and what you can afford. I just hope everyone is honest and not take advantage of there kindness because I want them to be able to profit and stick around. They also have beautiful artwork all from India. They also support community projects. My friend and I once attended a play they were supporting. Pretty good show, good food, and made a relaxing evening.

Pros: Buffet with great selection, You pay what you feel it's worth, Good cause

Cons: Parking bit difficult

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Annalakshmi Janatha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2123 times since Aug 2007.