&pizza - U St

Serves meat, vegan options available. DC/Maryland based chain of build-your-own-pizza restaurants where the default crust and sauce are vegan, and menu labels if an item is vegan. Has vegan cheese and beef/sausage, traditional vegetable topping as well others like spicy chickpeas. Soda fountain soft drinks are all vegan, including the "cereal milk" cream soda. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-11:00pm, Thu 11:00am-1:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-4:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

Great! Beyond all expectations! - Edit

I needed to find a vegan meal late at night near my hotel, and &Pizza seemed the easiest bet. I was blown away! I was so surprised by how many vegan options they had, that I ordered 3 pizzas just for myself and had food for several days in the fridge! Really neat toppings include crispy chickpeas, chutney-esque sauces, a big variety of veggies, olives, garlic sauce, vegan meats and cheeses (if that's your thing), and traditional sauce. The best part about this place is that they label everything!!! No awkward questions about "is the sauce vegan?" Everything has a label! I wish there was an &Pizza near me, because this is awesome fast-food pizza & very creative!

Pros: tons of creative toppings, everything is labeled, convenient & cheap

Vegan friendly insanity - Edit

Why do I say it's insanity to eat here? All the vegan items are marked on the menu. Your pizza is made to order. They have Daiya. Your toppings are unlimited, with a couple exceptions, but it really does not affect the vegan choices. This is a dream pizza fast food option for vegans because you don't have to get something boring anymore! There are 2 vegan crusts, most sauces and toppings are vegan, and then you can just veg out!

Fresh veggies, marinated veggies, oils, herbs- yum. Go here. Eat vegan pizza. Be happy for about $10. The gluten free crust is veg but not vegan.

Pros: Vegan items marked, Virtually unlimited toppings

Cons: Not 100% veg, So good, you'll want 2

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has &pizza - U St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.