&pizza

Contact 240-800-4783

7614 Old Georgetown Rd, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, 20814

Serves meat, vegan options available. DC/Maryland area based chain of build-your-own-pizza restaurants. Has vegan cheese, vegan beef crumbles and base. Or pick a pizza from its menu. House-made flavored sodas. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Semitones

Totally gross cross-contamination - Edit

Based on the two previous reviews I decided to give this place a try and specifically ask them to be careful about cross contamination. While I was waiting in line (there were perhaps six people in front of me) the person putting the toppings on the pizza was just putting her hand (covered in gloves) into the various food containers, grabbing some food with her hand, and putting it on the pizzas. I never saw her change her gloves. At one point she had just grabbed some cheese and had it all over her gloves and she then just shoved her hand into the vege food containers, leaving visible cheese behind. Totally gross if you're a vegan. Other places will use utensils and place the vege options far from the server to avoid accidental contamination. Not so here. They didn't make the slightest effort. I left before ordering. On my way out, I tried leaving feedback with the cashier but he was only making excuses about some people just say they're vegan but aren't really.

Cons: Total disregard for food cross-contamination

Friendly Vegans Work Here! - Edit

The previous poster is right that this is a gift from the vegan skies. I visited the Gaithersburg location. Not only do they have daiya, but the person who made my pizza was also vegan, and was really good at it! She asked if I liked spinach so she could put it under the cheese so it wouldn't burn. The ratio of daiya was on point.

More about the restaurant: you have your choice of whole wheat or white flour dough, several types of sauce to mix and match from, and honest to god fantastic ingredients. Put as many toppings on as you'd like and you won't get charged extra. They have ask your standards plus artichoke hearts, sun roasted tomatoes, two types of mushrooms, and as protein, vegan' 'beef' crumbles, spicy chickpeas, and even more.

The vegetarian and vegan ingredients were clearly marked and delicious. I felt welcomed in and appreciated for ordering vegan! Definitely going back!
Updated from previous review on Friday December 25, 2015

Return to Bethesda Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has &pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.