Anastasia

• Vegan
Contact 03-5290095

54 Frishman, Tel Aviv, Israel,

Vegan cafe in the city center. Owners are vegan and offer healthy food. Raw and gluten-free items marked. Several breakfast options plus salads, sandwiches, mains, and many desserts. Makes onsite soy, almond, and rice milk, and there is a little shop selling vegan food.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Middle Eastern, Israeli

First Review by Joshilib

outstanding Service. - Edit

A night that could have gone all wrong was quickly made right. As someone with a gluten allergy I always have to be VERY careful as to what I eat. After waiting a little longer than expected our server came to ask if my gluten free option was due to an allergy. Upon hearing that is was she profusely apologize and explained that my food would take a little longer as the kitchen had put gluten toast into my dish. I was honestly just happy that the mistake had been caught! But they came with a whole new dish and didn't even charge me. I was one happy woman. It's a little expensive but definitely worth it!

Great Vegan Restaurant! - Edit

Colorful tasty vegan food in the heart of Tel Aviv.
Friendly and quick service, while prices are OK. We hosted there some none vegan friends, which enjoyed it as well.
Bottom line, very recommended and we will come back to taste more dishes.

The answer to a vegan's prayer - Edit

I and my non-vegan husband and non-vegan friends all love this place. It has a great location--not for parking though. It has a very nice interior environment. Service is friendly and getting better in terms of efficiency all the time. We are slowly working our way through ALL the dishes. the food is terrific. So far our favourite dishes are: Kohlrabi and wakame salad (addictive-the secret is in the miso dressing. More than the miso the kitchen will not divulge). For desert the cheesecake. Starter-the sweet potato quiche.The yogurt tsasiki is genius. Main: Black rice risotto with butternut squash. The tastes are great and the plating is genius. I have been to lots of vegan restaurants all over the world. The plates here are the most beautiful.

Pros: great food, great vibe, goodprices for such high quality

Wonderful! - Edit

This is what I wish all cafes would be: all-vegan, delicious food, wonderful service. Vegans and nonvegans alike will love this place! I had a delightful breakfast here this week - the first week that Anastasia opened. The food was excellent, delicious, and aesthetically presented. The breakfast included a wonderful chickpea flour "omelet," some very special spreads made here: hazelnut cream, turmeric tahini, sunflower seed cream, and much more. My coffee was perfectly made with almond milk that they make themselves. The bread was full of seeds and so delicious. I can't wait to go back here and try the other enticing items on the all-vegan menu.

And by the way, what a great location - on a lovely corner, just a block away from Dizengoff street, and about 6 blocks from the sea!

Update: I have been here many times. This place is one of my favorites! Don't miss the scrambled tofu option for breakfast. It costs more but tastes exactly like scrambled eggs! Also great is the macadamia crepe with vegetables and tofu. Another cool thing is that they now sell a selection of vegan cheeses as well.

Updated from previous review on Saturday May 31, 2014

Pros: All-vegan, Unusual and delicious food, Great service

Great place, excellent food - Edit

I really love this place and visits a lot (Family, friends, alone, business meetings)
Pleasant atmosphere, excellent service and delicious food.
Do not miss the tiramisu, the pesto pasta and the cheesecake.

Pros: good service, very good food

Cons: sometime sitting outside can be noisy

delicious meals and great service - Edit

Highly recommended. The lentil dish with wild rice was so savory and rich. The salads were fresh and well seasoned. A little heavy handed on the salt but otherwise delicious. I got the Limonana (lemonade with mint and pineapple) which was perfect for me without the agave. They don't recommend you change the smoothies or remove ingredients but if you're used to not adding sweetener to your smoothie then you'll like them just fine :)

Chocolate Cake! - Edit

I really liked this place, it is cozy and food was delicious - I have tried from main courses to desserts. What I remember best (can not forget) chocolate cake - it was something - probably one of the tastiest (V) desserts I've ever ate.
Location is central and I'd say prices are high but food is worthy.
Five Cows definitely!

Updated from previous review on Saturday July 25, 2015

Pros: Tasty., Cozy., Flawless service.

Love at First Bite - Edit

Had my first experience of Anastasia Vegan Cafe in Tel Aviv today, and I think I'm in love. Warm and friendly wait staff, great ambiance and mellow atmosphere, and of course a wonderfully deep menu of delicious, healthy, cruelty-free entrees and desserts. I'll definitely be going back there again - and soon. If you haven't already, you certainly should check it out right away. You'll be glad you did.

Pros: amazing staff, beautiful location, great food

Nice vibe, but disappointing and expensive food - Edit

I was there with two more friends.
we ordered 2 sandwiches, tahini with tomatoes and mushrooms, and some rice and bean dish.
the dish was really tasty and big, but the thaini was really small and tasteless, and the sandwiches were VERY salty. I must say that there were a good vibe, very clean and nice place to sit in - but the food was just a one big disappointment.

Pros: cool vibe

Cons: expensive, small dishes, didn't liked the food

Nice place, but nothing amazing. - Edit

I came here with a friend just wanting a desert (while my friend wanted actual food).

Staff - overall nice but most of them seem fairly new to being waitresses and although not rude at all, they were just not as nice and welcoming as I expect them to be. They seem a bit all over the place.

The place itself is really nice actually. Not used to vegan cafes like this one in Israel.
My only "complaint" though is they, themselves, don't seem to be sure if this is a typical vegan restaurant or a cafe.The waitresses just seem confused.

We ordered the macadamia crepe, Doredo desert, raw brownies, pistachio and raspberry mousse and rice-almond balls (suit for babies on the menu).

The crepe was pretty good, a bit salty but was well worth the cost.
Looking at the other dishes though - they seem to be quite small but the price isn't THAT high so overall it's acceptable to me.

The deserts - small. Very small. Way too expensive for that size in my opinion.
Considering that was my main reason to go there - I was somewhat disappointed.

As for the taste - mousse was great!
Doredo - good but really nothing special.
Raw brownies - I'm used to similar foods but other people would not eat this. They actually made raw brownies that are not even a little sweet and considering the fact that this is meant to be eaten with coffee I consider this a fail (also - five TINY pieces).

Overall experience - Nice place. Overall nice food. Not worth the price for me.
If you're in the area - go for it.
If you're planning to make the trip just to eat here - I'd pass.

Would probably not come again, just because I really didn't find anything special here (I like "freer" vibes as well). Especially not for the price of the desserts.

Pros: Nice food, Different to most vegan restaurants here, Overall nice vibe.

Cons: Food isn't amazing, Pretty small portions (tiny desserts), Staff a bit confused

Best Place To Eat In Tel Aviv - Edit

Staff is really friendly and caring. They have the menue in hebrew and english and they help you if needed. The food is very delicious and not expensive! Actually they could take more as you get really big portions! If you can handle it all because you ordered too much, they will give you a doggy bag! ;-) Breakfast, starters, salads main menues, raw, gluten free, dishes for kids and toddlers (!!!!) are listed on the menue. So don't hasitate and go there. They have rawvegan Tiramisu!

Pros: great Location, Delicious Food, Friendly Staff

excellent vegan restaurant - Edit

Great location near Rabin Square. Outdoor seating was very comfortable. They serve a healthy vegan menu, not fast food. Good service and reasonable prices. Highly recommend this restaurant

Return to Tel Aviv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Anastasia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6767 times since May 2014.