Contact 22556767

Villa 18, South Ekhtiarie, 8th Behestan, Pasadaran St, Tehran, Iran,

Pay for food by item. Dinner is a la carte. Try the pomegranate juice. Note that there is one big step for the outdoor area and many more steps for the indoor area. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Iranian

First Review by veganvirtues

One of the best few green choices in Tehran! - Edit

Lemonade was refreshing... (It was 40ºC & we had to eat outside since all the tables inside had been reserved!)
I ordered vegan pizza whose taste was OK; however, the crust wasn't that crispy... Halim Bademjan was so delicious (and greasy a little bit!)
All the vegetables and greens used looked fresh and portion size was satisfying.
I will probably go there again :)

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Pleasant and peaceful ambience, Overall good quality food

Cons: Rather expensive, Poor public transportation access

Mediocre Middle Class Restaurant in North Tehran - Edit

This North Tehran restaurant has got a new interior since some of the photos were taken: It's all imitation leather, chrome and glass now. With main dishes ranging between 100000 and 280000 Rials (~ $3.6 to $10.1) plus service and tax this is a rather pricey place for Iranian standards. The food wasn't accordingly. I had the "Ananda Tray", a selection of different dishes: Salad (Greek style, stale and too much pepper), soup (which tasted like made from leftovers), a vegetable stew (ditto, again overcooked), a plate that combined rice (okay) with little pizza slices (luke warm), a single cauliflower pakora (fresh, came topped with ketchup), yoghurt, dessert (based on carrots and rose flavour - nice); a tea with a tasty biscuit and a freshly pressed juice was included in the price.

The menu is well organized and has Italian (pizza, lasagna) and Iranian options, with explicit labels (e.g. "ovo", "lacto-ovo" as opposed to "vegetarian"), which should make it easy for vegans. Despite references to "The Society of Iran's Vegetarians" this is a privately owned business.

Pros: easy for vegans, good choice

Cons: food stale, overcooked, luke warm, too expensive, far in North Tehran, far from subway

Very nice ambience and good veggie food!! - Edit

Went to Ananda Vegetarian Restaurant a few days ago with some friends and we all enjoyed our food very much, especially those Pacura's! Next time I will have only them. If it was a tad warmer we would have eaten outside in the beautiful courtyard area, but it was really nice and new inside.

Pros: ambience, healthy food

Cons: language issues, but we figured it out.

Name chged to Ananda - Edit

I visited this place on the recommendations I read here. I and my partner both vegans were very disappointed on the meals we were served. We ordered a vegetarian platter and a selection platter of various dishes to share. All the vegetables, spinach, carrots, etc were over cooked, okay for ppl with no teeth, but eating over cooked vegetables was not to my liking. The corn on the cob on top of the salad was out of the tin (cetainly not fresh). The only enjoyment was the pommegranate juice. A delicacy in Persia. The service was good, I did not see any sign of a buffet. We did dine in the evening, so maybe it was a lunch time thing. Out of ten 1n (one).

Pros: friendy service

Cons: food over cooked

Return to Tehran Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ananda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1694 times since Aug 2007.