First Review by Petesternz

Just another Indian restaurant - Edit

The food is nice here and not expensive, but it can be very crowded. I had to wait half an hour to get my food the second time I went there, and all the waitors seemed to be in a rush. If you are looking for a nice place to chill out don't go there, but if what you want is just a regular Indian restaurant with good food, this is perfect.

Pros: Good food, Good location, Not expensive

Cons: Crowded

Inexpensive and easy to find - Edit

Get off the MRT at Little India and a short walk to the end of Buffalo Road will take you to the Ananda Bhavan. It is very much a cafeteria style restaurant; place your order at the window and you are given an order number plate to place on your table. I was lucky enough to be helped by one of the employees to make sure what I ordered was vegan. The meal was fine and not expensive.

Pros: Cheap, Easy to locate

Cons: Not fine dinning

It is good - Edit

I was not going to write a review, others have, but I noticed a reviewer in 2009 had written a bad review. Maybe this person hit a bad patch then, but not now. The restaurant is good: tasty food, wide variety, daily specials (I always ask for the special, never know what I will get, but always good), and friendly staff (they always give me something extra!). I cannot see how anyone could complain. The one mild annoyance is that the restaurant is always busy. It is not a place to linger over your food and contemplate life. I invariably swing by here at least once in Sing. Recommended.

Pros: taste, price, convenient

Cons: crowded, ambiance

always great - Edit

I travel to Singapore several times a year for business and head to Little India for evening meals every second day on the NW SMRT line. This is a very special restaurant - a wide range of great food at modest prices, and I love the way they promote the vegetarianism.

Ananda Bhavan - Edit

Not the worst Indian food I've ever eaten, but not too far from it either. This was barely passable I'm afraid, and it actually made me sick afterward. Overpriced food and unfriendly staff make this a dining nightmare. If you want quality Indian food served by people who enjoy what they do, look elsewhere.

Pros: None

Cons: Bad food, Bad prices, Bad attitudes

fantastic...a must - Edit

What can i say, counter service, staff giving suggestions, fantastic food!!!!
I had a nan meal, sg$6/gbp2/us$3. two nan breads, three curries.
Go there now!!!

Pros: great staff, great food, great value

Can't Get Enough! - Edit

Absolutely love this place. The food is DELICIOUS, especially the amazing dosais. Great prices, nice clean restaurant. What more could you ask for in an Indian place? Awesome barfi for dessert as well...

Pros: clean, large portions, excellent food

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3387 times since Aug 2007.