Analog

Contact 510-858-5964

414 14th St, Oakland, California, USA, 94612

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hip pop culture-themed bar and sandwich shop with around half-vegan menu. Offers coffee from Timeless (Oakland's vegan coffee shop). Casual, beer-only alcohol menu. Serves food late into the night. Open Mon 5:00pm-10:00pm, Tue-Fri 12:00pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sat 6:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by FoodAndLoathing

Super tasty vegan junk food! - Edit

I loved this place. I had The Rachel, and it was delicious, and filling. I'll absolutely go back.

There is a dedicated vegan menu, and they assured me that everything on the vegan menu, bread, sides, etc., was vegan. They have a nice locally-focused beer list.

Know that this isn't super healthy food: it's comfort vegan (my favorite.)

The seating inside is small and I could see it filling up, but on a Saturday night before a show was starting next door there was no difficulty getting a (small) table.

Pros: delicious, filling, friendly

Cons: limited seating area

Good vegan eats, Vinyl, VHS at Analog - Edit

Excellent vegan sandwiches & potato salad, in a small, yet cool space, surrounded by vinyl record albums for easy listening & VHS tapes for retro watching.
Devoured "the Rachel," vegan version of a Reuben, house made corned "beef-less" seitan with slaw, pickled onions & vegan chipotle lime aioli; yes, Highly recommend, very filling, tasty.
Lunch companion, omnivore, enjoyed the "Banh Mi? No, Banh You;" seitan in sesame ginger sauce with jalapeños, slaw & vegan herb aioli. Said it was delish & would order again.
Both served with side of sweet potato salad, also good.

Pros: Vegan Tasty, Moderate prices, Housemade

Cons: Not 100% vegan, Parking, Small

Analog delivers! - Edit

When you're in downtown Oakland, make a beeline for this place. Ridiculously delicious vegan sandwiches, chill atmosphere, cold beer. Also right by the BART line.

Pros: Super chill, Delicious, Friendly

Cons: There ARE meat options (for friends?)., A bit hipstery

How I got burned for trying a veg-friendly spot. - Edit

They put meat in my mouth. Half of their menu is vegan. The other half is tortured and killed animals. The cow in my mouth last night was not happy to be there and I wasn't happy to have it. What's the point? You're not veg-friendly, you're animal killers. This place is disgusting. Spent 20 bucks to be horrified and left hungry and beside myself with anguish because they served me meat instead of the vegan food I ordered by phone. Picked it up, took a bite, what the hell is this? Honest mistake on the part of the staff, but really it was my mistake thinking I could order from a non-vegan business and not get burned. Lesson learned, never compromise, never support food businesses that aren't run by ethical vegans.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 26, 2015

Cons: Will kill animals for money, Will put meat in vegan's mouths

Yummy, fatty sandwiches served late into the night - Edit

Having a late-night drunken vegan snack attack? Never fear, Analog to the rescue. They make ridiculously good vegan sandwiches that are huge and on amazing bread. There are gluten free tacos if you're one of THOSE. And a couple salads that sound good. Although it doesn't say so on the menu, the sandwich I got (the Rachel, which is like a Reuben, kinda, and really excellent) came with a side of sweet potato salad. It's a classic style potato salad except with sweet potato, which are a terrific, nutrient-dense food, so you don't have to feel as guilty about all the delicious fat you're eating. Half the menu has animal flesh, what a shame. But I suspect it's the vegan menu that shines more. They make the kinds of sandwiches with which you could totally fool a meat-eater, if you're into doing that kind of thing. Anyway, this is a neat place and they're open early and late. I've only been there for lunch, so I appreciate the earliness, and no doubt the day will come when I'll appreciate the lateness, since this place is practically down the street from me and I'm bound to be drunk and hungry at 1 AM sometime.

Return to Oakland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Analog closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1250 times since Mar 2015.