An Octopus' Garden Cafe

Contact 8871020

8561 Main St, Alma, New Brunswick, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Uses local sources when possible. They grow their own organic fruits and vegetables. Vegan options for breakfast, lunch and dinner; please inquire. Free Wi-fi. Indoor playground for children. Local artist's work. Live music.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by raphalla

Oasis in a Desert - Edit

I am motorcycling through the eastern maritime islands of Canada and riding through New Brunswick and seeing nothing but seafood place after seafood place. Being a vegan this is not a good thing.
I stopped in based on finding it on Happy Cow and it is a very nice spot, super cool, owner, chef, waitress, everything. Their vegan options were slim, basically one panini of raw vegetables and two soups. The sandwich was fine though nothing to write home about and the soup was good. The owner said she just made it as an experiment and I give avocado/spinach soup a thumbs up.
I want to give them five stars, but with the thin vegan pickings it has to be three.

Pros: Charming Place, Sweet Staff, An oasis

Cons: small vegan menu, prices

A good change! - Edit

When we were traveling in New Brunswick, we found difficulties to find vegetarian food. Most of the time, we sustained on vege pizza. This restaurant is a good change for us and finally we are able to eat properly! The vege soup was very good. We had Carbonara, which i found it a bit 'eggy' and 'chessy' and lacking of vege plus too salty. The portion of the main course is quite small to moderate, price around $13, come with bread and salad. They only do hand made fresh pasta at evening as main course. There are around 10 selections.

Pros: Vege food, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Price

Return to Alma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has An Octopus' Garden Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1083 times since Aug 2011.