An Octopus' Garden Cafe

Serves meat, vegan options available. Grows some organic fruits and vegetables used in the kitchen. Vegan options for breakfast, lunch and dinner - please inquire. Indoor playground for children. Local artist's work. Live music.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by raphalla

Fresh, friendly & accommodating. - Edit

I would give the meal 5 stars if happy cow allowed me. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They were very accomodating to us as vegans. In the morning we got a latte and london fog and were happy to see they had almond milk as an option. Later we returned for dinner and the chef veganized pasta, salad and bruchetta for us. They were made with fresh herbs and sprouts. The flavour was incredible. If we ever road trip this way again we will DEFINITELY return.

Pros: Chef was amazing, Staff was interesting ans friendly, Food was incredible.

Cons: Small menu for vegans.

Oasis in a Desert - Edit

I am motorcycling through the eastern maritime islands of Canada and riding through New Brunswick and seeing nothing but seafood place after seafood place. Being a vegan this is not a good thing.
I stopped in based on finding it on Happy Cow and it is a very nice spot, super cool, owner, chef, waitress, everything. Their vegan options were slim, basically one panini of raw vegetables and two soups. The sandwich was fine though nothing to write home about and the soup was good. The owner said she just made it as an experiment and I give avocado/spinach soup a thumbs up.
I want to give them five stars, but with the thin vegan pickings it has to be three.

Pros: Charming Place, Sweet Staff, An oasis

Cons: small vegan menu, prices

A good change! - Edit

When we were traveling in New Brunswick, we found difficulties to find vegetarian food. Most of the time, we sustained on vege pizza. This restaurant is a good change for us and finally we are able to eat properly! The vege soup was very good. We had Carbonara, which i found it a bit 'eggy' and 'chessy' and lacking of vege plus too salty. The portion of the main course is quite small to moderate, price around $13, come with bread and salad. They only do hand made fresh pasta at evening as main course. There are around 10 selections.

Pros: Vege food, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Price

Return to Alma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has An Octopus' Garden Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.