First Review by westcornersville

Simple, delicious food! - Edit

I had a huge craving for crispy "chicken". We arrived to this restaurant and chose it due to reviews. The menu was a little difficult to read but the waitress was so lovely, she helped me with what I wanted. The food was amazing! Humble, satisfying, delicious food! Can't wait to go back.

Pros: Good sized portions, Lots of additional sauces at your table, Hot tea on table

Cons: Menu a little difficult, Parking is hard to find

Wonderful food - Edit

Great service and delicious food. Tasted just like traditional Vietnamese food. Even my part-omni husband loved it. And SO cheap. Plus free hot tea (Oolong I think) for the duration of our meal. I would highly recommend making the trip and visiting this restaurant. Many meals to choose from, I can't wait to visit them again. The only downside was the fridge full of *desserts?? and containers of mock-meat?? - I don't know as they weren't labelled and don't appear to be on the menu.

Pros: Delicious, authentic Vietnamse food, Excellent value , Friendly staff

Cons: Container foods not labelled in English

Fresh Spring rolls at An Lac - Edit

Fresh Spring Rolls live up to the high energy expectations of vegetarians. The An Lac one surely give you that. You get the round rice paper rolls and some water to dip em in. Once dipped and made just wet put the rice sheet onto the round plastic tray so the paper is laid out ready to roll. From the big plate of fresh greens and sprouts put some on the middle of the rice paper in a row. Add some veg protein piece and a bit of noodle. Start rolling from the paper edge close to you. Tuck in the sides and complete the roll. They provide a nice sauce to dip your roll into. If you don't like the fermented tofu taste ask for the sweet sauce and add some of your own chilli.

Pros: Clean , Friendly

Cons: Pari next to rail line not john street

Delicious food & helpfull waitres - Edit

Glad i traveled all the way from Sydney to try it. I will return soon to try some of the food i saw other customers eating but i couldent fit in or cary any more. Lots of take away food available.

Pros: Yummy, Cheap, Friendly

Cons: Staff have limited English

First visit and NOT disappointed! - Edit

I visited for a quick, LATE lunch today and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Huge menu with almost too many choices and my won tun soup and Rice with 'shredded pork' was delicious and the portion was huge. Lovely, delicate Vietnamese flavours. Tea offered with the meal a very nice touch. Will be back very soon for sure!

Pros: Choice, Quality, Price

Beautiful Pho but make sure no onion no garlic - Edit

Beautiful pho, really nice hearty soup, great noodles. But be careful to keep reminding them no onion and no garlic if you are on a strict Buddhist Vegetarian diet like me. I ordered summer rolls with mock prawn and ham which are so divine and huge servings (4 big rolls for only $6.00). But the sauce was suspiciously garlicky. Very strong unidentified smell. But when I asked for their confirmation, they told me definitely no garlick inside. I bought another take away summer rolls home and finally I learnt that the same sauce they gvae me earlier on actually contained garlicks! A disappointment for me. It gets me thinking if someone allergic to peanuts and were told no peanuts in their dishes (which is unlikely - most dishes has some sort of nuts) - then it would be dangerous if they dont tell the truth. But I guess all it takes is better communications with the staff next time.

Pros: Great food, Huge servings, Great value

Cons: Lied about ingredients, Has onion and garlicks

Do not like this place - Edit

I went here a year ago and have never been back, though it might have variety the staff are less then accommodating and were very rude. My boyfriend was talked about behind his back and his order was ruined and so was mine. They refused to change it. Wouldn't of been this way if they had taken the time to listen to the order. Food is good, but service is absolutely horrible.

Pros: yummy food

Cons: horrible staff, horrible service

Excellent food and selection - Edit

This is probably my favorite Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant that I've ever eaten at. They have a huge selection (over 100 dishes), big portions (typical of Vietnamese food, actually) and reasonable prices. They're very friendly too. Strong recommend. It's an hour away from Sydney--so a bit far--but you need some good restaurants in the outer ring too...right?

Pros: delicious, economical, excellent selection

Cons: remote (from Sydney)

Return to Cabramatta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has An Lac Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1645 times since Aug 2007.