Take-out
Asian
Vietnamese

Restaurant serving traditional Vietnamese cuisine including salads, noodle dishes, soups, mixed vegetable plates with tofu, and more. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:30pm. Closed 2nd and 16th of Lunar month.

Venue map for An Hy
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by MiaSunflower

lydiab96

Points +359

23 Feb 2024

Lovely place

I’ve never had Cau Lau before so it’s difficult to say if I just don’t like it or if this was a bad version. (Having googled it, I’m inclined to say it’s my problem not theirs).

Busy restaurant and everyone else looked very happy.

Nice environment (I went in the evening when the market was closed so can’t comment on that) and very friendly staff.

Large menu with a whole section dedicated to mushrooms which I loved to see!

nicirl

Points +1182

25 Jan 2024

One of my favourite vegan vietnamese places

I arrived as my friends just started eating and got to try their meals, which were super delicious and then ordered some food myself. I would say this is some of the most flavourful amazing Vietnamese food I have had yet! The staff were super sweet and overall it was a great time!

dashki

Points +32

19 Jan 2024

Nice food and honest chef.

When we ordered a starter one hotpot, we were abt to order a third item (eggplant). The chef was very honest and asked us not to get it because the hotpot is enough for 2 ppl. I appreciate that.

Location - is not good. Hence, I've reduced one star. Ambience is passable. The space needs cleaning. Too many cob webs around.

Taste - such flavorful sauces !

Would I go again? Yes , for sure. #Veganuary

Pros: Flavorful food, Honest staff

Cons: Ambience not great, Route to get there is not nice.

AlanaBanana

Points +1640

16 Jan 2024

Comida tradicional bien de precio

Comida tradicional bien de precio cerca del mercado. Los rollitos estaban muy ricos y había mucha variedad de platos veganos

Pros: Variedad de platos

SaraV.

Points +375

27 Dec 2023

Pequeño restaurante muy agradable

Comimos aquí 3 veces porque nos gustó mucho la comida. El servicio muy bueno, la mujer que lleva el restaurante muy simpática y agradable. Sin duda lo recomendamos, la comida es realmente buena y a buen precio.
Recomiendo probar el plato típico vietnamita Pho de este lugar, muy gustoso.

Pros: Comida, Servicio , Precio

Huraiquire

Points +7871

05 Dec 2023

Quite enjoyable

We really enjoyed the fried rice in a clay pot and the pho. The flavours were good and the fried rice had a wonderful crunchy texture and a lovely fragrance.

I hope they can offer non bottled water sometime. ☺️

cat.ion

Points +367

24 Oct 2023

TOFU, VEGGIES, STIR FRY

I’m so happy to find this place. They offer all the common Vietnamese dishes plus family style veggies, tofu, etc. (which I prefer). The menu is so diverse with many flavors of tofu. The tofu is a HUGE portion. Everything was seasoned perfectly. I got lemongrass and chili tofu, mushroom tofu, bún chả giò, morning glory, and stir fried noodles with tofu, mushrooms, and bok choy. Btw, the tofu and morning glory already come with rice, so no need to order it. Awesome!

However, I do not recommend the bún chả giò. Ours didn’t come with any herbs and the sauce is more of a dark thick chili peanut sauce rather than a watery sweet vinegar sauce. So it didn’t have much flavor at all.

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-23

Pros: Diverse menu, Nice environment , Friendly staff

Suzanne.kristin

Points +547

08 Oct 2023

Very good food

The food was super delicious, quite spicy, if you pick one chili as depicted on the menu. But greatly flavoured.

Pros: Many options

Cons: Portions not that big

NaomiSanders

Points +61

12 Sep 2023

Not wow

Food was not so falvorful. Just spicy
Many options but not anything special in my opinion
No a/c

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-12

thetofutravellers

Points +4426

01 Aug 2023

Quiet restaurant close to the market

An Hy is located right by the market, but it still was a quiet oasis when we visited. It was such a good place to relax and enjoy a little peace after exploring busy Hoi An.

It is a family-owned restaurant and no English is spoken (at least when we visited), but the family is so friendly and we felt that they were genuinely happy about our visit.

The restaurant is completely vegan and the menu is extensive, although there are only a few drinks.

My husband had the spicy and sour rice noodle soup and totally loved it, it was a five star meal for him. I had the boiled vegetables (carrots, eggplant, morning glory, bok choy, bottle gourd) and while they were very fresh - probably from the market - the meal was a bit boring because apart from one tiny bowl of red sauce that I did not really like, the veggies were not seasoned or accompanied by any other sauce or dressing. It was probably my mistake, but I had expected something different.

We still recommend this restaurant very much, though!

- Visited in July 2023 -

Pros: Fresh food, Very friendly, Completely vegan , Quiet, Good location close to the market

Cons: Only a few drinks available

roisindooley

Points +1203

19 Jul 2023

Lovely

I got the chicken rice made with tofu skins- it was amazing- one of my favourite meals of eaten in Vietnam

LIL_08

Points +152

12 Jun 2023

Nice restaurant :)

They open around 5-5:30 pm and prepared a nice salad for me. It was tasty, but nothing special 😊

LuckyPig

Points +291

29 Mar 2023

Nice little Restaurant

It's Not expensive and they have many Options

Pros: Many dishes, Tasty, Not expensive

ekdumchilled

Points +38

25 Mar 2023

Value for money, excellent food

Had the Bun Cha Chay and i loved how they played around with textures and flavours combined together to create this amazing noodle soup.

Pros: Excellent food, Value for money, Nice decor

bryonyhickson

Points +931

10 Mar 2023

Good food

The food was good, nothing that stands out but still tasty. We were told the portion sizes were small so ordered two each but definitely didn’t need to! Lots of choice, especially if you like mushrooms!

TamiWe

Points +66

16 Feb 2023

Lecker

Das Personal war super nett, die Auswahl war gut und das Essen sehr lecker!

wirujacabetoniarka

Points +1269

10 Feb 2023

Nothing special so far

It was ok but nothing special. Portion wasn’t too big. The place is rather smelly because the market is close. I’ve taken chicken rice and it was mainly rice.

Littlegreen葡萄

Points +228

10 Feb 2023

The dishes are really good surtout with the touch of herbs and very generous.

Pros: Fully vegan restaurant

Cons: Not expensive pretty good prices

somolaking

aurelieb13

Points +58

08 Dec 2022

Cheap, authentic, big meals

Great location looking out to the market. Fancy looking new restaurant with a large menu. For only 60VND a meal (on average) our meals were very large and easily filled us up. This was some of the best food I’ve had in Vietnam

Pros: Plenty of options, Clean , Authentic

Cons: Slightly above the price of street food

Lammy

Points +78

25 Nov 2022

Wonderful, Well Prepared Menu

We were arguably annoying customers as we asked (using a translation app) them upon arrival if we were okay to park the scooter there while we went to an appointment, saying we'll be back in a few minutes.
They graciously agreed and we took longer than expected, yet they were still eagerly awaiting our return.

The food was wonderful, larger portions than most places I've visited in Vietnam & being a large guy, I was surprised when I couldn't finish it all!
It was prepared fast, but delivered as each dish was finished which was fine.

Left feeling full and more than satisfied with the value.
Definitely visit here after a walk around the market!

Pros: Completely Vegan Restaurant , Very Good Prices, Kind Members of Staff

Ruthie11

Points +36

20 Nov 2022

Nice vegan option near the market

Lovely little place with lots of options. Very affordable.

ConstanzeMo

Points +201

19 Nov 2022

Authentic Vegan restaurant

Very lovely place , great food for fair price - we tried several meals.. vegan chicken is definitely a must try.

Claude1985

Points +18

03 Oct 2022

Extrem gut.

Wir haben einige vegetarische/Vegane Restaurants in Hoi An ausprobiert und fanden dieses mit Abstand am besten.

CathyRitchie

Points +201

14 Sep 2022

Fantastic flavour.

Surprisingly quiet for it’s location beside the Hoi An market, all the dishes we tried were packed with flavours - the best we have tasted at any price. Rock bottom prices as well. Nice, shaded outdoor seating plus indoor seating, very clean bathroom.
I did not see any non-vegan vegetarian dishes on the menu, definitely deserves 5-stars.

Pros: Fantastic flavours , Rock bottom prices for the daily specials , Vegan

KateNguyen

Points +99

22 Mar 2020

Too much oil and sugar

They have 2 menus with different prices, for locals and foreigners. The sign is “chay” but don’t know why (some people said) they served meat. The food is oily and they put too much sugar in every dish. We tried vegan cao lau, bun bo, com ga and it was not tasty at all. It was like they used food from day before. Since we saw the owner carried meat, fish, we couldn’t be sure what do they put into our “vegan” dish. With their price I would go a bit further to support other tasty and reasonable veg places like Huong Tu Bi

Cons: Expensive , Oily and too much sugar, Not tasty

catherine_rout

Points +232

13 Feb 2020

Not fully vegetarian

This place serves meat. It says Chay on the sign and there is a vegetarian menu and another menu with pictures that we assumed was the same menu but turns out they also just serve meat at this restaurant. We ended up being served two meat dishes and I ate some before I realised. So disappointed😒