CLOSED: Amsterdam Falafelshop

857-317-2742

642 Beacon St (at Commonwealth Ave), Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 02215

Franchise falafel shop offering top-it-yourself falafel and Dutch-style fries with dipping sauces. REPORTED CLOSED, JAN 2017. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by Phizzi

An ode from a long-time fan - Edit

I've long been going to the original location, so I thought, I don't need to go to Amsterdam Falafel in Boston, I have it at home... But after a game in Fenway, I quickly changed my mind. I'm not sure where else I would have gone that wasn't sit down, but beyond that, Amsterdam Falafel is the best, and there’s no way around that.

The falafel balls themselves are super high quality: crispy and brown on the outside, fresh and green on the inside. If you are a connoisseur of falafel, this is some awesome falafel. And the variety and quality of the ingredients is also amazing. You’ll definitely find something you like, but do watch out, while most of the toppings are vegan, a few toppings obviously aren’t. The fries are also awesome.

I bring out of town guests to my own local Amsterdam Falafel in DC, and I don’t care how many falafel places you have in your city, you need an Amsterdam Falafel. The set-up is similar to Maoz if you’re familiar with that chain, but here the falafel and toppings are better.

Another thing to note, this location is cashless, apparently. They accept cash, but they may not have the right amount of change on hand.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-09

Pros: High quality falafel, Variety of toppings

Cons: Card only (con if you like cash)

Good option for quick eats - Edit

It's great to have this as an option in Kenmore. It's a choose-your-own ingredients kind of place, so you can mix and match different elements to your liking.

Pros: Quick

Good, if standard, food - Edit

The falafel here really is better quality than in many other places, and there are a lot of options for a good price, but it is a "make your own" environment selling something that vegans and vegetarians seem to have available in abundance already. Still, with friendly staff, good food, and a clean space, it's worth a stop.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Options, Clean

Cons: Standard options, Self assembly, Lacks parking

Return to Boston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Amsterdam Falafelshop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.