AmSpices of India

Contact 505-492-3570

317 Central Ave NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87102

Indian vegetarian restaurant, opened Sept 2014. Offers Indian street food and Gujarati meals. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Jack+2

Overpriced - Edit

Waaaaay overpriced. Small portions too. If you want tasty vegan food, you can find better and cheaper at Bombay Spice, the Indian grocery store up the street. I can buy two BOXES of samosas for what I was charged for two INDIVIDUAL ones from AmSpices.

Pros: Vegetarian

Cons: Overpriced, Small portions

Like going to a family dinner - Edit

The woman who (I believe) owns and runs this wonderful place with her husband (all just inferrence, might be totally wrong) has made me something delicious everytime I have been in. She let me know what was vegan on the buffet but when I kept looking at the menu she told me "You want vegan? You sit down." And she was like a fairy godmother in the kitchen. She made me some amazing poori bhaji, some sort of delicious curry potatoes and bhindi, and delicious rice. It still came out to ten dollars. She and her food is fantastic and exactly what you need before you know you need it. I swear she is magic. Huge helpings and huge love in them.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 30, 2015

Pros: Delicious, Made just for you, Buffet available for togo as well

Very Good - Edit

I went here for the lunch buffet yesterday. They were clear about which items were vegan, the price was reasonable, and I loved everything I tried. I can't wait to go back and try the dosas!

Pros: Price, Yummy, Many options, clearly marked

Cons: Parking can be a hassle downtown

Wonderful - Edit

We live nearby and have been looking forward to AM Spices of India opening. .. our first meal there was delightful, the different flavors were wonderful. We look forward to making it a regular stop during the busy work week.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 28, 2014

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has AmSpices of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1329 times since Sep 2014.