Ammazza

• Veg-friendly
Contact 404-228-1036

591-A Edgewood Ave SE, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30312

Serves meat, vegan options available. Wood-fired pizza place located in Atlanta's old fourth ward. Extensive seating area and full bar. Lists 2 vegan pizzas. Various salads.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by bkurt01

Excellent wood fired vegan pizza - Edit

They had 2vegan pizzas with homemade cashew cheese. The crust was awesome as was the taste of the pizza. The vegan "cheese" was more of a runny sauce, but the taste was great. My only con was the raw garlic on the pizza. It was way too strong for my taste but next time I'll just ask to leave it off. The atmosphere was cool and they allow dogs in their outdoor seating.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, German beer on tap, Friendly, fast service

Cons: Raw garlic

Hands down best pizza! - Edit

Visiting the ATL for the holiday weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find Ammazza. The staff was friendly, atmosphere was rustic and fun, but mostly the pizza was fantastic! I would give this place 5 stars if happy cow would allow. Must try!

Great Pie! - Edit

Awesome pizza and staff is generally vegan conscious...ie I ordered a salad and asked for cheese to be left off and the staff informed me that the dressing had dairy in it. The Vegan Picante is our favorite...probably get this once a weeks.

Enjoyable - Edit

The pizza was delicious. I agree with the previous reviewer that the cheeze was more like a sauce than cheese. It was great nonetheless. This restaurant is self-serve so don't feel obligated to leave a tip as they require payment upfront.

The cheez is amazing - Edit

I love a good wood-fired pizza, and Ammazza delivered as promised. Fresh ingredients, and the cashew cheez was an unexpected delight - melty and delicious, and not nearly as salty as Daiya. There are two vegan pies on the menu. Highly recommended.

Pros: Melty Cashew Cheez, Good beer, Reasonable prices

Cons: On the noisy side when busy

Two Vegan Pies on the Permanent Menu - SCORE! - Edit

So Ammazza's team worked with a chef in Los Angeles to come up with their own Cashew Cheez recipe, and let me tell you - it was time well-spent. There are two dedicated vegan pizzas on the menu - we've tried one, along with a fantastic salad. We will be back often. Super-friendly staff, and did I mention a vegan homemade pie with no fake storebought cheese?

Pros: Homemade Cashew Cheez, Awesome romantic vibe, Friendly Staff

Cons: NONE!

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ammazza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2345 times since Mar 2014.