First Review by Stevie

Great food and friendly staff - Edit

Tsing Yi is a place nearby my place where I often come here for my running. I learnt this place for quite a while but didn't have a chance to try their food until I accidentally found this place during my long run.

The most amazing thing about this place is that they are opening at 7:30am . There are not many vegetarian / vegan restaurants opening this early.

The veggie dumplings are homemade by their chef. The dumplings are little over-cooked but the fillings do taste really good.

I also tried their pan-fried turnip cake. It's made with turnip with some carrots and mushroom. I can taste the natural sweetness of turnip. It was so good.

The staff there is also very nice. I was there alone and we have been chatting that whole morning. I am sure I will go visit again for dinner to try more of their food.

Pros: Long opening hours, Long menu with lots of food to choose, Staff are nice

Cons: Not easy to find

Amitabha Vegetarian, Hong Kong - Edit

I ate here this evening. I share the positivity of the previous reviewer.

Lots of vegan food on an English language menu that clearly marks dishes that contain egg or milk / cheese. English is also spoken which if you're not with a native speaker could be very useful.

The food I had tonight was great, really nice flavours without being over the top.

Price is mid range and that is in line with the decor. It's brightly lit. Service was efficient although it was very busy this evening. The guy who seems to be the busy is very pleasant.

I'm debating whether to rate this as 4 or 5.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Delicious food

Great place in Tsing Yi - Edit

This is a very unassuming restaurant that is quite tough to find. I have eaten here about a half dozen times so far and have never been disappointed.The value is really good as the portions of food are large and tasty and I particularly love their version of a yam basket, though they call it with a different name. The staff are lovely and helpful, and there is a very clear English menu with lots of pictures.
This restaurant is well worth the effort of seeking out and the walk from Tsing Yi MTR station, along the promenade to Greenfield Garden is pleasant with good views over Rambler Channel.

Pros: Yummy food, Big portions, Very good value

Cons: Not the easiest place to get to.

Return to New Territories Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amitabha Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.