Amitabha Vegetarian

• ( 12 reviews )

6824 Fresh Meadow Ln, Queens, Fresh Meadows, New York, USA, 11365

Chinese-American vegan restaurant. Kosher-Parve. Fully vegan as of September 2019. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Ovo, Chinese, Asian, Kosher

First Review by CatalinaIsauraTapia

abrundgae21

Points +20

04 Sep 2021

Great Food

Great food with fair portions and very covid safe

marshaf

Points +36

19 Jun 2021

Good but salty

I enjoy the food very much. However seems high in sodium.

Ameisherry

Points +2267

Raw
26 May 2021

They just turn into a vegan spot in September 2019😄

Amazing food very high tech order system
Their working hours changed, the working hours on google map is accurate
Order straight from their website is cheaper queensvegan.com

Updated from previous review on 2021-03-16

Pros: The ordering system seems very high technology, Free books for kids to learn new languages, The portion of the food is big enough to fill me

Cons: Pick up will be way cheaper than delivery , They don’t have dine in yet

JulieEA

09 Jul 2020

Hi Ameisherry,
My name is Julie and I am a part of HappyCow's editing staff. Thanks for your update about Amitabha being fully vegan now. If you have updates for restaurants in the future please submit an official update form, as we don't always see reviews. Thanks for all of your help! :)

Best wishes,
Julie

VegHeadDes

Points +30

10 Apr 2021

Last minute delicious find

I visited here tonight and pretty much ordered a little bit of everything off of the menu. I think their way of checking you in is interesting and admirable. As you enter, there is a computer set up with someone on zoom greeting you which avoids all human interaction and prevents the spread of this virus. They call you and tell you your food is ready and you then go in and get your food. The duck entree was super yummy, I think the base was bean curd. The wonton were delicious! The general tso chicken lives up to it's spicy description but provides the zing with flavor. The king oyster mushrooms are as close to calamari as you can get while eating plant based. The pork fried was mediocre, not bad, but I was hoping for more. The barbecued seitan was amazing! So delicious! Let's talk about portion sizes... Oh. My. Goodness. They are large! Perfect size for my party of 5 with leftovers! Overall, I recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Pros: Portion sizes, Great duplication of animal bases recipes, In compliance with CDC pandemic regulations

Cons: Location, but I went at night, Lack of beverage options

Joannamao

Points +16

13 Mar 2021

Just Delicious!

Super cool virtual assistant and very nice, this place has become my new Fav vegan place, food is really good and vegan snacks, cheap and yum. Totally recommend ;)

Pros: Cheap, Food is really good, Very kind owner and virtual assistant

RichBeBe

Points +527

12 Mar 2021

What a Great Addition

Edited 3/12/21 Last two times I had food from them it was not that great. I had rated them five stars, but dropping to four. If I never ate there before it would be a 2 or 3. I am going to give them another shot, but todays lunch had overcooked almost burnt fried wantons, the soup also had a burnt taste, the General Tso chicken was soggy and the veggies were over-cooked and was more salty than before. I have been really disappointed the last two times. I will update this either way in the future.

I had never heard of this place until someone posted about them on Facebook and the timing was perfect. I got hurt mountain biking and have my arm in a sling and cooking is a challenge. I went there and ordered three lunch specials to last a few days.
General Tso Chicken was so good, reminded me of my pre-vegan days and a local place I loved
Chicken and broccoli was also excellent with a nice sauce and more "chicken" then most places give.
Cedar Tofu was excellent, but maybe too many vegetables as they veggies overpowered the sauce if that makes sense. But to be fair I had it two days later, so that might have been the difference.
The real surprise was I ordered fried wontons and they were AMAZING and I want them right now.

Updated from previous review on 2020-09-20

Pros: Great Food, Good Prices

tobyz

Points +24

02 Jan 2021

Delicious vegan-Asian food

This is a real treasure for vegans. Because the philosophy of the owner/cooks is based on kindness and respect for life, you don’t have to wonder whether the food contains eggs or other animal products. Last but not least, the food is delicious. I highly recommend the barbecued “pork” (seitan).

Pros: All vegan, Delicious, Ample portions

jayluhx

Points +1268

27 Sep 2020

Best vegan Chinese I’ve ever had

From start to finish this place is amazing. They have free books about kindness in the front. Because of the virus they have someone virtually appear when you walk in (on a computer). An actual person in the place brings you your food. Huge portions for the pricing. Unbelievable flavors and dishes. 100000/10!!! My new go to

Pros: Unreal in every way, Go here, I promise you’ll love it

Cons: Not for if you’re in a rush (homemade with love)

Holyguacamole3

Points +82

26 Sep 2020

Don’t waste your money

We were excited to try all the vegan options. Our order came out so bad. General Tso’s chicken had no sauce, the steamed dumplings were gross, the pineapple fried rice was inedible and tasted just of tumeric, the barbeque seitan was ok and so was the the duck. Not coming back

Cons: Bad quality, No sauce

ReneePorter

Points +22

20 Sep 2020

Great food!

Great find in the neighborhood. Food is tasty. I really enjoyed the pepper and salt king oyster mushrooms, mei fun and eggplant with spicy sauce.

Pros: Lots of options , Good price for the portions

Guest

15 Aug 2020

5 star definitely!

This restaurant deserves a five star. The owner was so sweet and I loved their mapo tofu and hot and sour soup. There was a girl that was there and she even gave me a new mask but not one of those that you get from 99 cents stores but it was a thick black one. I totally recommend this store if you need some cheering up.

Pros: Super sweet and friendly staff, Excellent food

CatalinaIsauraTapia

Points +107

06 Feb 2020

Taste and flavor

Got the General Tso’s chicken lunch special with brown rice and miso soup. Tasty AF! Got steamed dumplings - they’re alright. Maybe better if I had ordered fried but I enjoyed the taro in them!

Pros: Lots of options, Fair price

Return to Fresh Meadows Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amitabha Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1950 times.