Amico Bio - Un Sorriso Integrale

Contact 081455026

Vico S. Pietro a Majella 6, Napoli, Naples, Italy, 80138

In 2016 Un Sorriso Integrale re-branded as Amico Bio. Ristorante vegetariano. Naples organic restaurant with changing menu. Also houses a natural food store and offers massage and yoga. English and French spoken. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 8:00pm-12:00am, Sun 1:00pm-3:00pm, Sun 8:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Italian, Macrobiotic, Organic, Mediterranean

First Review by +++VeGaNiSaToR+++

Good food, good prices - Edit

We didn't try a lot of dishes because my girlfriend wasn't feeling well, but the ones we did were very nice, especially the bean soup.

The chocolate soufflé was nice, but not more.

Pros: Good food., Good service. , Good prices.

My favorite place in Naples - Edit

There are only few other restaurants that I have enjoyed as much as at Amico Bio. It's a gem in downtown Naples close to Piazza Dante.
First of all Amico Bio kinda saved me, since many other venue are closed during August, moreover it's opening times are great, since you can eat till very late.
As it is located in a patio by (often times very crowded) Piazza Bellini, it's easy to overlook. Whereas many restaurants nearby have long queues and waiting times to get a table, you'll always get a seat at Amico Bio (maybe not outside, but most certainly indoors).
They have an extensive (changing slightly daily) menu, that's about 70% vegan, whereas most of the remaining dishes can be made vegan as well (be sure to ask though, as it isn't always apparent from the description what's vegan and what isn't).
The staff is very friendly and knowledgable though and will gladly assist you with your order.
Once you have ordered, you'll get your food pretty quickly, even if there are many guests.
I ate there about five times and never was disappointed whatsoever.
Many dished come with fresh and tasty salad, really enjoyable. Try the seitan kebab, it's awesome! The marinated mushrooms and the baked potatoes (with rosemary) (both side dishes) were pretty convincing, too!
As far as I am concerned the only thing they could improve are maybe the desserts.
All in all everything is surprisingly inexpensive in my opinion.
Great venue to meet with friends and family.

Pros: high-quality ingredients, (rather) inexpensive, amazing staff and venue

Cons: desserts could be better

not great - Edit

Maybe the vegetarian options are more flavourful but our vegan meals were pretty bland. My boyfriend had the risotto which was tasteless and I had the salad which was a giant bowl of mostly iceberg lettuce (and £7.50!!) with some seiten, corn and tomato - no dressing or anything. Not impressed.

Cons: not tasty

Can be hit and miss - Edit

It's not the only vegetarian restaurant in Naples anymore, so I adjusted my rating. Much of the food is lacking in flavour.

Situated in the old town of Naples, next to Piazza Bellini where you can have a drink or more afterwards with the student crowd, if you like.

The restaurant follows the standard Italian way of having dinner: antipasti, primo (pasta or rice or soup), secondo (fake meat) + contorno (vegetable side dish). Sometimes though they serve everything you order at the same time.

Food appears to be a hit+miss, once I had an extremely bland risotto and some seitan-dish al limone which was mostly drenched in oil and I couldn't even taste a hint of lemon. Another time a pasta dish and two contorni were very good.

Pros: Very centrally located, Nice vibe

Cons: Food can be bland

Buono! - Edit

Great little restaurant near the historic center of Naples. Great value for your money especially considering that everything is organic! Good portions and selection, I will definitely be back!

Pros: Healthy, Fresh, Organic

Good food - Edit

You have to go through a black gate to get to the place, the restaurant is cosy, the staff speak English and the food is delicious. When I went it was very busy and full with locals , so that is a good sign. would recommend.

nice place with good food - Edit

Nice restaurant, quiet, a bit hidden beside one of the main places in Naples. Easy to reach on foot and by underground (stop at Piazza Dante).
We had a tasty and satisfying vegan & organic dinner with 25€.
Although there are a variety of vegan dishes, I'd find this place perfect if they didn't offer dairy at all (since they are members of some animals' activists societies, this would be a perfectly coherent choice :-) ).

Pros: central, good food options

Cons: might be difficult to find the 1. time

nice veggie option - Edit

Un Sorriso is a nice veggie option in a city where pizza and pasta are kings.
The menu offers a pleasant diversity of vegetables and soy/seitan dishes.
Not particularly creative or exceptionally tasty, but good enough, with a pleasant atmosphere.
Location is amazing, right off the trendiest square of Naples, but still quiet and peaceful.

Nice and cozy atmosphere with a diverse menu - Edit

It is in a small alleyway that is nice and quiet. The atmosphere was very mellow and comfortable. The menu was bigger than we expected (lots of variety!) and the prices were better than expected as well. We ordered the zucchine and almond risotto, seitan alla pizzaiola and the piatto unico di verdure (sort of a sample platter of 8 or 9 different veggie dishes). It was a lot of food! Overall we felt that it was a very good value for money.

Pros: Location, Variety, Value

Interesting, healthy, vibrant food. - Edit

We had a great travel experience trying to find this place, wandering around in the amazing lanes of Spaccanapoli - in reality it is quite easy to find, if you look at a map properly! Anyway we arrived very late, but the very helpful and super friendly waiter made us feel welcome and explained all the food options to us. He had great English and was happy to speak in English, which is always a relief for me, as I hate making people speak in a language they are not comfortable with. I ordered the plate of everything - a little bit of everything on the menu - a great idea - and I loved it. My son ordered the red wine risotto, which he liked but it lacked a bit of flavour - I think this might be because we are so used to quite salty risottos and I don't think they use a lot of salt here. They also had some interesting organic beers and soft drinks. So glad we found it.

Pros: Amazing neighbourhood., Interesting, healthy food., Excellent service.

perfect - Edit

I have been there with my vegan friend, a great peaceful place to stay for longtime, eating, resting...
Mediterrean food, south italian, yummy seitan with lemon.
We were a week in Naples and 3 times there (midday).

Pros: very good food, fantastic cozy place, friendly staff

Cons: -

great job - Edit

My husband, daughter and I went to this small and incredibly friendly (amico means friend !!!) vegetarian Italian restaurant. The food was so fresh and felt as though each dish was cooked specially for us. The choice of dishes is fantastic compared with other Italian restaurants, which do not specialise in vegetarian meals, and we ended the evening with wonderful limoncellos! The wine list is great, and the service is intelligent and friendly, very willing to offer advice on suitable combinations of dishes if asked! All in all, an excellent meal and evening with great food, atmosphere, wine and service. Bruno and his team are fantastic. great job.

Pros: food, wine, prices

a healthy, peaceful oasis in naples center! - Edit

we were so happy to discover this place. it was quiet since it was nearing lunchtime on a sunday. friendly waitstaff and we were excited to have so many vegan options to choose from. food was simple but good.

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff, health food store for basics

Un Sorriso Integrale, Napoli - Edit

I had a very good experience with this restaurant. People are very friendly and the service was very good. The food is really delicious and not expensive.

I went twice to this restaurant in August 2011 and I was really not disappointed (I ordered the suggestion of the day and it was a good choice). They also speak well English.

Pros: excellent and healthy food, good value, friendly staff

Lovely restaurant, vegetarian & organic - Edit

Very nice vegetarian restaurant in Naples. This is the only vegetarian restaurant in this city. Menu changes daily. We went there twice for dinner and had two times the 'plate unico'. This is a plate with soup and a bit of everything for 9 EUR, accompanied with lovely bread (1 EUR). All very tastfull and healthy. As a starter we shared brushettas (2.5 EUR). Also very lovely. However we were very full, we couldn't resist the 'chocolate soufflé' we saw the locals eat. This was sooo good (home made of course). The housewine is also of good quality (and organic) and fairly priced (2.5 EUR for a glass). We paid 37 EUR for 2 persons. Highly recommended. Staff was friendly and helpfull. Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner (from 7:45 pm).

Pros: excellent food, healty cuisine, fairly priced

terrible - Edit

I have been there once with my friend because they are the only vegetarian rest. open on Sunday in Naples. The food was tasty but the service was the worst I ever saw. Dishes that we ordered later during our meal were coming too late so it happened that the green salad came just before dessert. Portions are not very large and the food is not macrobiotic or vegan, just vegetarian. They are frying a lot, and there are no vegan or macrobiotic desserts. The bill that we got was higher than we actually spend, because the famous green salad was 5.5 EUR instead of 3 EUR. After trying to catch the running waitress, that of course speaks barely english, we somehow succeeded to correct her count. Just worst experience ever!

Cons: not vegan/macrobiotic, steeling waitress, too noisy

Really bad staff - Edit

The service was really bad. First of all the waitress does not speak English so it is really hard to communicate. Ordered food came relatively fast, but it was just thrown up to our table. When I ordered additional meal - a plat of salad, I had to wait for 10 to 15 minutes to receive it. The same was with ordering a dessert. Also, there was no soap in the bathroom so you are not able to wash your hands. Finally, the waitress has calculated our check completely wrong. The only "good" thing was that the food was relatively tasty.

Pros: good food

Cons: bad staff, noisy

2 Responses

Worth your health - Edit

WONDERFUL to find such healthy creative vegetarian food. My partner and I were in Napoli 3 days and ate there each evening. Prices very reasonable and great music to boot!

Pros: excellent food, healthy, good value

Cons: smokers just outside

only vegetarian and isn't good AT ALL - Edit

I already posted a review, why have you deleted it? This restaurant is vegetarian (not vegan) and isn't good AT ALL !

Return to Naples Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amico Bio - Un Sorriso Integrale closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4413 times since Aug 2007.