Amici's Pizza and Living Room

Contact 248-544-4100

3249 Twelve Mile Rd, Berkley, Michigan, USA, 48072

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers 2 vegan pizzas, or build your own pizza. Many veggies and one vegan mozzarella as toppings. Lots of local beer.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by samanthamuffin

Amici's - Vegan Pizza's - Edit

I have now tried Amici's twice, and so this will be reflecting both times I have ordered.

Atmosphere/Staff - I ordered delivery when my car was broke down (which happens a lot, ugh) in Southfield, Michigan. So I wasn't able to step foot inside but will be sure to update when I do. My first time, I called and spoke with a gentleman who was very friendly. Placed my order and hung up. Forgot I needed a menu (seeing as I told him to just get me something vegan and didn't care too much) so I called back and the girl seemed a bit rude. I would have liked to have thought it was just me. Their driver tried to deliver to the wrong house. Whoops. Good thing I was watching for him. The second time, I ordered a different pie. Nice staff and didn't have a problem with the driver. I am not the type of person to let a first experience traumatize me into lack of business unless it was truly horrendous.

Meal - The first time around, I was upset to learn that despite them knowing I was a first-timer and without menu, they failed to recommend to me their tofu cheese, as it automatically doesn't come on any of their vegan pies. Despite, the pie was pretty good and made on a healthy wheat dough so I tried to order again to see if we could get things in better shape than my first order. The second time around, what I ordered was pretty much like a Mexican-style vegan pizza (with tofu-cheese) and... Oh my am I glad I went back. Unfortunately their 3 vegan pizza's all have no cheese and no name other than a number on a list, so I have no true names to tell you what I ordered.

All around, we had a bit of a rough patch at first, but in the end it was pretty darn good. I will gladly order there when I find myself stranded in Southfield again, because we all know it's bound to happen.

Pros: Delivery, Dine-in, Wonderful food

Cons: Vegan pies come with no tofu-cheese, Got a couple kinks to work out

make everyone happy here!! - Edit

This has become a three generation family favorite!! The pizzas can be make vegan with tofu mozzerella (Follow your Heart). There is whole wheat crust and also gluten free crust. They also have a full cocktail bar with plenty of beers and wines too.

Vegan Pizza - Edit

The interior is cozy and hip. They have an awesome beer list, and offer several vegan pizzas. I've tried them all! The #8 has artichokes, plum tomatoes, spinach, and walnuts. It was an interesting combination, but I almost choked on a walnut! The #9 has black beans, smoked corn, fresh plum tomatoes, cilantro, spinach, and scallions. I'm not sure I was really into the beans, but cilantro on pizza is amazing! The #11 has pesto, broccoli, plum tomatoes, and roasted garlic. This one was my favorite. The pesto and garlic compliment each other. I can't remember if it is an additional charge to add the vegan mozzarella to these pizzas or not.

The crust is pretty good. The cheese is also ok, but it's not melty and stretchy.

The bill can add up really fast. My husband and I eat here on special occassions only. He is not vegan and gets a separate pizza. Although we have leftovers, with drinks (two each), our bill is never less than $60.

Gets a little busy on the weekends.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Nice atmosphere, Awesome beer selection

Cons: Pricey, Small dining area (may have wait)

Return to Berkley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amici's Pizza and Living Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5032 times since Jul 2011.