Ambrosia yogarestaurant

• Friend
Contact +45-21851677

Nordre Fasanvej 230, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2200

Veggie buffet restaurant located 100 meters from Norrebro station, reachable by bus 66, 4A, 5A, 350S, and S-train F (yellow line). Features all-you-can-eat buffet for dinner. The dishes change depending on what vegetables are in-season, mainly organic. Offers a variety of drinks, including fresh pressed vegetable juice, ginger lemonade, and turmeric-milk made from rice milk and fresh turmeric. Honey is used in a few drinks (ask). On Saturday a yogic brunch is offered (no buffet). Cozy and colorful interior, established since 2008. Tue-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, European

First Review by tuni

Living room atmosphere - Edit

I love their buffet. Whenever I am craving a large selection of freshly prepared and special vegetable dishes I go here. Such a comfy place! Most of their buffet is vegan and the staff is very nice.

Pros: good food, lots of options, reasonable prices

Cozy - Edit

This place is so cozy with such a nice atmosphere! It's a bit different from a "normal" restaurants - for example you've to take your shoes off before you go inside. They have a very nice buffet (when I was there, there were only one dish that was 'only' vegetarian). The food is very delicious but there is space for improvement.

Pros: nice atmosphere

My favorite at Copenhagen - Edit

I spent a week in Copenhagen and tried to visit as many vegetarian restaurants as I could, but Ambrosia is definitely the best. One is required to take off his/her shoes at the entrance, the decorations are simple, actually the place is simple, and that's probably what makes it so special. And the food? Delicious! I tried almost all the options on the buffet and not one of them was bad, it's the prof that tasty food really doesn't have to be fancy and overpriced.

Pros: tasty, cozy, extremely friendly staff

The best in Copenhagen - Edit

Everything is relative. Copenhagen does not have any really classy, gourmet vegetarian or vegan restaurants, as some larger cities do (well, I have been spoiled by what is available in New York City, but I live so far away from there; sigh). But given the options in Copenhagen, this place has good food and the best value for your money. You can pay for an "all you can eat" buffet. It is not a huge buffet, sort of like a kitchen counter, but the food is good, almost everything was vegan when we were there (two times), the bread is good, they had a very good eggplant dish, and the atmosphere, though informal, is warm and pleasant. Note that dessert is not included in the 125 kr "all you can eat". I didn't get the "all you can eat" buffet (my spouse did), but soup and a plate to fill one time (they have different size plates for different prices). I could imagine some people clearing out half of the food or if a few "all you can eat" customers came at the same time, I don't know if they'd be able to keep up. I say this to indicate that it seemed like a small, home-like operation, and you feel like you have to be moderate in what you take, or you won't be leaving any for the next guy. The location is a bit less convenient and not the most attractive of neighborhoods, but there is close bus transportation. We came back a second time, which is an indication of our preference for this restaurant in Copenhagen. They require that you take your shoes off to go in, so check your socks for holes.

Pros: good food, almost all vegan, best value in Copenhagen

Cons: location not great

A M A Z I N G !! - Edit

Yesterday I visited this restaurant for the first time with my mom and my grandma. I am vegan, but they eat animal products, so I was pretty nervous if they did not like food here, but they did and so did I! Even though the restaurant says that it is vegetarian, the whole buffet was vegan and they had vegan cakes too! Yummy, their buffet and cakes were soooo delicious! Amazing vegetarian/vegan restaurant!

Pros: Cozy, Friendly, Delicious food

Cons: Location , A bit pricey

Great! - Edit

I really like ambrosia, it's really really cozy, the staff is nice, and most of all, the food, drinks and cakes are DELICIOUS!! We ordered the buffet and stuffed ourselves so much we couldn't walk, it was so good.

Pros: Very Delicious! , Nice Staff, Cozy Place

Cons: A Bit Pricey, But Nothing Compared To The Delicous

Cozy buffet restaurant - Edit

Eating at Ambrosia is almost like visiting a private home with the staff being the friendly host. When entering you are supposed to take off your shoes. You can then order the buffet from which you can eat as much as you like. Most of the items are vegan and if you ask the waiters they kindly tell you which items are not vegan. The buffet isn't huge, but there are enough items to choose from. All the food is homemade and well made. I have been there many times and the food has been consistently good every time.

Pros: Cozy, Offers a vegetarian buffet

Cons: Not everything is vegan

Cilantro/coriander in every dish just isn't my cup of tea - Edit

I really liked entering Ambrosia, I was very kindly asked to take off my shoes off, which I gladly did. The staff was lovely! Cozy place!
I was however a little disappointed with the price in comparison with the amount of dishes that was offered. And for me, who just can't eat cilantro, this arose as a problem.
So I filled up on bread and drank my organic cola, and left. It must be said though that an older gentleman complimented the food greatly, so I guess it was just me...
Another problem was the location, so unless I'm in e neighbourhood the next time I come to Copenhgen, i won't place this on top of the listbof restaurants.

Pros: Friendly staff, Organic

Cons: Location, Cilantro, Few dishes

Cheap, cosy and great service - Edit

Wonderful place that is a bit different that what you usually expect from a "restaurant".

Great value for money in their buffet. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Be aware that they shoes have to come off while dining ;)

Pros: Price, Service, Unusual

A Peaceful Meal - Edit

Ambrosias Have (Ambrosia's Garden) is a wonderful little oasis for peace-seeking individuals whom enjoy vegetarian cuisine.

As it is part of a yoga-house it has that special atmosphere: no shoes allowed, beautifully colourful walls with pictures of Mother Earth and relaxing zen-music.

The staff is always really friendly and the buffet is always very delicious, however it variates a lot what food there is.
Vegans needs to be aware that not all the dishes are vegan, but most are (I've never walked away hungry).

Super Delicious Vegan Buffet! - Edit

Lovely place with lovely atmosphere, the food was really good and tasty, try the parsley-lemonade with sugar instead of honey, it's delicious!!
The only improvement I would suggest is serving brown rice or other grains instead of white basmati rice, and of course it would be great if it would become completely vegan! (there was butter lying around and honey in some fresh drinks)

Pros: delicious, lovely, cheap

Cons: honey and butter on vegan days , white rice instead of brown rice or other grains

Great - but not all vegan - Edit

It was fine, but some of the items on the buffet were a bit bland. I was sad it wasn't all vegan. Nothing was marked either, so we had to ask.

Might have to come back on a Monday, since someone else mentioned that it was all vegan on Mondays?

Like it! - Edit

Nice place, great food.... and REALLY good value, for Copenhagen at least (if you get the buffet). Would though say the "hippieness" of the place can be a bit off putting for some, with the place having a yoga club next door, for example.

But to be fair it is understandable in Denmark, where vegetarianism is still extremely rare (Denmark is the country in the world where people eat the most meat per head, YUCK!).

All in all thought, one of the best veggie places in Denmark! would recommend....

Pros: Good Value, Friendly Staff, LOVE THE FRESH BREAD!

Cons: Can almost feel too "hippy", Location: could be more central

A beautiful, peaceful place with lovely food. - Edit

I loved this place - extremely peaceful, it feels like the place is full of love. The buffet was yummy, wholesome food. You can eat as much as you like, it seems. The lady working there was lovely and so friendly. I wish I could go back but I live on the other side of the world!

Pros: Good food. Nice variety., Peaceful setting., Friendly, lovely staff.

Beautiful venue, great food! - Edit

I went to the veggie buffet on a Saturday evening whist visiting Copenhagen with my boyfriend. You had to take your shoes off as you entered the restaurant, which added to the yoga/hippy vibe! The food was delicious, very fresh with a great selection. Overall, it was good value and the staff were really friendly!

Pros: Good value, Lovely staff, Unique

Awesome buffet - Edit

Tried the vegan buffet and it was great. There was plenty of food and a good selection. Everything was delicious. We had dhal, brown basmati rice, beets, potatoes with ginger/sesame, kurry with assorted veggies, bread, hummus and salad. The atmosphere was very relaxing and calm. Would definitely go again and interested in their catering options.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff, good prices

Wow !! - Edit

That place was amazing, so much flavor, best humus that I ever had.

Even if it was not a vegan day (vegan days are monday and thursday) all their plates but one was vegan.

Warm ambiance, you need to remove your shoes in the restaurant, its in the same building as a yoga/meditation school, and it only cost 109 krones for a what you can eat.

Cant wait to visit Copenhagen again :)

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, All you can eat

best veggie restaurant in copenhagen so far - Edit

the atmosphere is wonderful - clean, calm, positive, and relaxing.
menu is changing daily. they serve home made bread.
there is buffet with all-you-can-eat system, so you do not have to wait. if you're not too hungry you can also eat only the soup, or only soup and salad, then no need to pay the whole buffet.
among my favourites are the carrot lasagne and the mango lassi.
I love this restaurant and I go there with my friends on a regular basis.

the location is easy reachable by public transportation, just 3min walk from the station.

Pros: friendly staff, all-you-can eat, easy to find

Cons: ..

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ambrosia yogarestaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12421 times since Oct 2008.