First Review by Dayon Smith

Good option - Edit

I think Ambiswamys is run by followers of the 'hugging saint' Amma. I ate there a couple of times when in Ernakulam and thought it was as good as any South Indian I had in the area. Also the place was cleaner than average. I particularly recommend the banana uttappam if it's on.

Authentic Traditional Hygenic Kerala Food - Edit

During our visit to Cochin (Ernakulam), we ate at Ambiswamy's Vegetarian Restaurant, M. G. Road. This was fast food Indian style. I ate a masala dosa that was very good and crisp. The fare offered included paper dosas, ghee (clarified butter) dosas, onion uttappas, idlis, vadas, chapattis and parotas, all delivered with amazing efficiency and speed.

We also tasted the Kerala lunch next day.. It was very authentic traditional one. Local guy we met there told that it taste like Home made food.

If we want to savour the real Kerala, these small food joints are real place for that.

Tasty, Hygenic and Damn cheap also .. The real Authentic Traditional mouthwatering Kerala vegetarian dishes in a hygenic environment.

Pros: Hygenic, Traditional, Friendly Staff

Return to Kerala Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ambiswamys closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 926 times since Sep 2009.