Amber India

Contact 408-248-5400

377 Santana Row, San Jose, California, USA, 95128

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fine dining Indian restaurant. Buffet at lunch. Dinner menu has a vegetarian section and labels which are vegan. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by macmantrl

Yummy upscale Indian - Edit

I was looking for a special birthday spot that caters to vegan and satisfies my meat eating family- this proved to be the perfect spot!

We ordered 5 dishes, 3 of which were vegan. Everyone loved everything though we all agreed the Cauliflower & Cashew Bezule was by far the winner. The vegan channa masala dish and asparagus and potato dish were pretty good too.

I love that they star all the vegan dishes so it's super clear what my options are. The only bummer is they don't offer any vegan naan, just a whole wheat roti (which reminds me of a pita)- at other restaurants I was offered plain naan without ghee. I will definitely come back!!

Pros: starred vegan items, helpful staff

Awesome vegan Indian food - Edit

We go to Amber India on special occasions (due to the expensive dishes), but when we do it's always awesome.

They have a really good vegan selection (labeled on the menu), which includes potato samosas and roti.

My favorite entree by far is the Cauliflower & Cashew Bezule which is vegan and so delicious. It's the type of dish that tastes like it has dairy in it, but it doesn't thanks to the magic of cashews. I would describe it as an Indian version of Mac & Cheese, if the 'Mac' was cauliflower and the 'Cheese' was cashew sauce.

This is a great place to go if you're in Santana Row and want a fine dining experience that everyone will love.

The only major downside to this restaurant is it's right around the corner from Veggie Grill which means I'm not as likely to choose it, but at least the food is a nice change from the American comfort food at Veggie Grill.

Pros: excellent food (taste and presentation), great service

Cons: expensive, near Veggie Grill

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amber India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 549 times since Feb 2015.