( 1 review )

Calzada Adolfo Lopez, Puebla (at Calle Guerrero and Nacional Sur), Zapotitlan Salinas, Mexico, 75870

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located on the main road on the way out of town. Has no vegan or vegetarian choices on the menu but they are accommodating and will customize a dish for you, for example, a saute of different local flowers and fruits from cactus and other plants served with beans and guacamole.

Categories: Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by swissglobetrotter

Try local rare veggie food! - Edit

Wasn't expecting much staying overnight in this little village, was just hoping for some food. Was recommended this restaurant, you can probably have similar food in others, I just tried it and liked the food so much I had to return the next day. While the menu has not vegan options (besides maybe guacamole?) talking with the waitress I learned about their local specialty food: Tempesquistle, tetechas, cacallas, palmitos, flor de sabila,... Basicly all regional flowers and plants that this cactus rich region offers. They would serve them with different meats but I asked to switch that for guacamole and beans. As a foodie, a big part of the traveling experience is trying different food. While you can have the typical "nopal" everywhere in the country, this regional specialty was something I had never tried before....loved the experience so much I had to eat it again the next morning before continuing the trip. To drink I tried different juices made of cactus fruits.

Pros: Regional Food, Eat local cactus flowers and plants, Drink local cactus fruits drinks

Return to Zapotitlan Salinas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ambar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.