Amaya Bar and Grill

585-241-3223

1900 Clinton Ave S, Rochester, New York, USA, 14618

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern decor, Indian food menu. Marks the veg/vegan choices on its in-store menu. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by amerp

whole vegan menu:) - Edit

Love this place!they have a large vegan menu and every employee I spoke to was on point about veganism

Pros: great food, lots of options, lovely decor

Cons: the menu items could have been described better on

Wow! Great meal! - Edit

Amaya is working hard to attract the Vegan community. They have a special vegan menu and are in the process of adding more vegan meals.

They participated I our local VegFest in September and their food was so good that they sold out!

We had a terrific meal. We had a Traditional Dum Biryani which was a collection of veges and fragrant long grain rice cooked in a clay pot with a thin crust on top. It is usually served with a yogurt sauce, so instead, they brought a zucchini stew. Later, they brought some Chana masala as well.

We also ordered Alu Gobi Matar which was cauliflower and potatoes and green peas. We asked for that not to be too spicy and it was perfect. It was not hot but had a complex flavor from the herbs that they use.

It was a great meal and we enjoyed speaking with the owner who is interested in expanding his vegan menu both for the restaurant and for catering.

We. Will be back soon!

Pros: Great food, Special vegan menu, Beautiful, friendly restaurant

Indian food - Edit

The restaurant usually has a Groupon option if you are planning to go with a few people. You have to be careful here because I have asked for vegan options in the past and they gave me things with cheese by mistake after telling them I was vegan. So just make sure when you order that you specify you do not want any cheese of ghee cooked in your food if you are vegan. There are more options for vegetarians there than there are vegans.

Return to Rochester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amaya Bar and Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.