Amaranto

Via Mura di San Vitale, 10, Ravenna, Italy, 48100

Finer dining vegetarian restaurant in the historical centre, since 2014. Offers vegan food prepared with organic produce. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon 7:30pm-10:30pm, Wed-Sat 7:30pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine

First Review by fitfairy25

High quality cuisine in an elegant environment - Edit

We have been to Amaranto for dinner.
The place is elegant but not formal, the owner is nice and has a real vegan approach to food but not only.
Food was really delicious, price was in line with the place and quality of food. In the end for two starters, two main dishes and a glass of wine we spent 50 euros. Well worth by the way.
We would definitely go back if we have the chance.

Tiny and overprized portions - Edit

I went here for dinner few days ago. The location is excellent, attentive and fast service, the general atmosphere is pleasant and comfortable elegant.
The menu, frequently updated with fresh organic ingredients according to the season, offers an intriguing selection of vegan, raw and gluten-free dishes.
But… too expensive for tiny portions.
I tried raw sushi, a tasteless muscolo di grano (wheat's muscle) with a good stuffed artichoke.
I also had a 20 euros tasting menu (“degustazione Amaranto”), a single dish containing five small samples. I finished dinner with an apple pie slice and a coffee.
We had water and green tea even though you can find a wide selection of wines.
Food is nicely plating but overprized for the portion size. Sadly we left the restaurant still hungry.

Pros: food quality

Cons: tiny portions

Mixed Experience - Edit

It's not such big deal to find vegetarian or vegan meal option in Italy. But it's always nice to visit a "pure vegan" restaurant.

We were there for lunch. The Amaranto offeres a lunch buffet, not a menu. Well, the buffet was good, no doubt, a lot of offers. But not really surprising.

Paying by weight is an option I don't really like; from my perspective 21EUR/kg is too expensive.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 04, 2015

Pros: Location

Cons: Price

Excellent Fine Dining Experience - Edit

This is a beautiful restaurant located down a cobbled street in the Old Town. The menu was entirely vegan with gluten free and raw options available. We were treated to a pre-dinner juice while we looked over the menu, which had lots of interesting dishes to choose from. I had the gnocchi to start, which was good, but my husband ordered the artichoke tart which was just delicious. For main we both chose the seitan with vegan smoked cheese and cabbage slaw, which was the best meal I had on my trip. The seitan was excellent and extremely tasty. We finished off with a yummy cake with date sauce, which reminded me of traditional fruit cake. We also tried the special dessert created just for valentines day, a sponge cake with chocolate top and caramel sauce. It was divine, I could have licked my plate the sauce was so good! There was a good selection of vegan and biodynamic wine, as well as full bar. The service was excellent, our waitress was attentive and very helpful. My only complaint would be that the tables are too close together and it was very hot in there by the end of meal. Overall it was an excellent experience and well worth a visit.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Staff & location, Wide variety of vegan options

Cons: Tables too close together, Too Hot

Return to Ravenna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amaranto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.