Amaranth

• Friend
+49-305300500

Essentis Bio Hotel, Weiskopffstr. 16-17, Berlin-Kopenick, Berlin, Germany, 12459

Amaranth is Essentis Biohotel’s restaurant, a solar powered organic hotel. The kitchen is open daily for lunch and dinner. On Sunday it features brunch from 11am-2pm. Regularly hosts groups and events ranging from wedding celebration to business meetings in the winter garden and on the terrace overlooking the Spree. Location can be reached by public transportation. Prior to 2015 was as called Pfeffer & Salz. Open Tue-Sat 1:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Buffet, Mediterranean, European, German

First Review by VeraSchmittVera

Out of this world - Edit

Since the demise of MioMatto, I was looking for something of the same quality. Don't get me wrong, places like Viasko or Kopps make really great brunch and know their craft, but without reaching the art levels of MioMatto.
Finally I could try Amaranth, and it was really superb, you could see with your bare eyes the quality of every ingredient, exquisitely cooked and presented, add to that the peaceful and very relaxed atmosphere.
The price (17eur) is in my opinion totally justified. Perhaps the tap water could be less expensive but I forgive them that. My top recommendation in Berlin.

Pros: Fabulous food, best brunch you can get in town, Relaxed ambiance, no rush or big crowds, Price includes a non-alcoholic drink

Cons: A bit far (yet 100% worth the effort), Tap water could cost less

Awesome brunch - Edit

We enjoyed an amazing brunch there on Sunday and left with full happy bellies. The selection was nice although I wish they had some more desserts. The service was very kind and the interior was very lovely too. Two drinks were included in the price (we got Cappuccino and the smoothie of the day).
One big con was, however, the price - I think that 17€ is a little too much to ask for what we got.

Excellent vegan choise - Edit

The restaurant has kind of a history, starting out a couple of years ago under a different name and with a mainly vegetarian plan. Now, it's completely vegan (except for breakfasts) and tries very hard and successfully to excel in vegan dishes. The salad, for instance, has always been delicious and special. Last week, it included also a small potato salad and some other things I did not pay close enough attention to because of the other delicious starters we had. Since portions were quite big, we had problems finishing our burgers in the end. Sauces ordered as sides (a - pretty - hot sauce and some garlic mayonnaise) were very good and plenty. It is always a pleasure eating there and I have always had the impression that some new items had been added to the menu, others removed, since my previous visit. Prices are moderate, even for the new regional draught beer, especially considering that everything is made from organically grown products. Only the Grander water should be for free like in the past, since it is basically tap water "informed" by some esoteric device it passes on its way to the pitcher.

Pros: Fresh, Tasty, Creative

Cons: Tap water could be for free

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - Thank you so much for your kind words about Amaranth. We're very glad you enjoyed the food so much and look forward to your next visit!

Super lecker! - Edit

Tolles, frisches Essen! Interessante Gerichte. Bedienung extrem zuvorkommend und herzlich. Einrichtung ist eher schlicht aber ok.

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - Vielen Dank für die tolle Bewertung. Es freut uns, dass es geschmeckt hat!

Brunch - Edit

We had the brunch which was good. Peaceful surroundings with a nice view of Spree, worthwile a bikeride from Berlin!

Pros: Nice surroundings

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - Thank you for coming to see us at Amaranth, it's nice to hear you enjoyed our brunch. We hope to see you again soon!

Tasty, healthy buffet in relaxing surroundings - Edit

I went there with my boyfriend after an event at the hotel in the evening. The food was very nice, and at 10-15 euros for the buffet - all organic - not a bad deal.

All allergens are marked by every dish, and tonight everything was gluten-free and there was also gluten-free bread available at no extra cost.

Connections are not as bad as people say - there's a tram right outside the door and two or three more lines three minutes up the road. There's even a night bus... But yeah, okay, it's not in the town centre, but it's also a relaxing spot around the river, which is a nice change.

We will definitely be back!

Pros: Everything vegan and organic, Allergens clearly marked, Pleasant ambiance in a pretty location

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - Thank you so much for your kind words about Amaranth. Great to hear that you enjoyed our food - we look forward to your next visit!

so tasty, omni friend impressed!!!! - Edit

It is a bit of a treck to this place, however if you get off the train at wuhlheide you can take a really nice 20 min walk through the park past FEZ (or you can drive or take a tram from somewhere which stops right out front).

I got the very expressive special schnitzel with vegan hollandaise and white asparagus! So great but 18euro as it was massive and was a special.

My friends got the celery schnitzel at around 10 euro and the the goulash at around 10 euro too. Both were amazing!

The ambience could be improved, some music wouldn't hurt but I would defiantly come back, I imagine it would be amazing in the summertime with the big doors open.

Pros: great food, riverside , vegan

Cons: off the beaten track

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - We're very happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your meal here with us at Amaranth and hope to see you again soon - maybe in the summer on our terrace!

Definitely worth the trip - Edit

This place is a little bit off the beaten path - but well worth the trip from the city center: You will find a quiet place along the Spree river with a special, relaxing view. Watch boats pass by while filling yourself up with traditional German fare (dumplings, red cabbage, Schnitzel, Bratwurt, Hamburgers) and wonderful deserts - everything vegetarian / vegan. The service is very friendly and helpful - we'll be back.

Pros: outside seating, health food, attached to eco hotel

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - We're very happy you liked our food, thank you for coming and we look forward to your next visit!

delicious! - Edit

We came for dinner and had great "essentis-gulasch". Friendly people, nice view to the river. Great vegetarian, organic food! Good place to go!

Pros: organic food, river side, vegetarian

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - Thank you for coming to see us at Amaranth, we're glad you liked our food and hope to see you again soon!

wonderful easter brunch! - Edit

I already knew the essentis restaurant from last year in summer when the terrace was opened. We had cafe and cake - a perfekt sunday afternoon!

For easter brunch we came back and the huge variety of delicious vegan dishes was amazing! My favorites are: "gulasch essentis", chocolate mousse and tofu with coco creme! wow! Everything was just wunderful! Wunderful people, wunderful food, wunderful day! I will be back soon!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

amaranthvegan 05 Dec 2016 - Thank you for your kind words about Amaranth, we're so glad to hear you enjoyed our food. We hope to see you again soon!

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amaranth closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11970 times.