Amar India

( 1 review )
937-439-9005

2751 Mianisburg Centerville Rd, Dayton, Ohio, USA, 45459

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Indian restaurant with pleasant dining room. Vegans need to ask when ordering off the vegetarian menu as ghee is used in the rice and dishes. Offers a buffet lunch. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-2:00pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by claytoaj

Pleasant, casual atmosphere and solicitous wait staff - Edit

I visited Amar India for the first time on September 3, 2016 with my husband's parents. His father is Indian, and he wanted some flavors from home. :)

I wanted something vegan, so after seeing they were veg-friendly I was happy to give it a shot.

The atmosphere is low-key but really nice. There's a bar and two dining rooms separated by a wall. The menu was authentic with a lot of options, and a whole section for vegetable-based options.

Our waiter was really polite and knew what my being vegan meant without me having to explain it, which is always nice, lol. There's cream and butter in a lot of things, but some things are able to be made vegan.

I had the vegetable Biryani rice, medium spice level, and it was really good. Hot though! I went through something like six glasses of water, and the waiter was attentive enough to keep it coming, lol.

Overall, we had a great experience and my husband's father was happy with the food, too. Will definitely go back. :)

Note: I would have given five stars, but HappyCow does not allow that for restaurants which are only "veg-friendly" as opposed to vegan or vegetarian. Just fyi.

Pros: They know what vegan means., Nice, attentive wait staff., Good food, with a vegetable section in the menu.

Cons: Cream, butter and / or yogurt in many dishes

Return to Dayton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amar India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.