CLOSED: Amapura

Contact +352-26480660

43, rue Goethe, Luxembourg, 1637

Simple, family atmosphere organic food restaurant. Reported Sep 2015 has switched to all-vegan. CONFIRMED CLOSED, DEC 2016. Open Tue-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, European

First Review by Joshilib

The best vegan restaurant in Luxembourg City - Edit

N°1 Vegan Restaurant by far.

If you want te eat healthy and good then then you have to try out this restaurant. Every meal is vegan !!!!.

The staff is lovely and very friendly.

Love the concept every day new meal and fresh and homemade.

That's a pity that it isn't open on evenings and the restaurant is small.

Pros: excellent food, staff , healthy food

Cons: a bit expensive , small restaurant, opening times

A little gem in Luxembourg - Edit

Although this lovely vegan restaurant is a little bit out of the way of the main tourist attractions of Luxembourg, it is well worth the trip.

We went there for lunch on a Saturday when there was only one lunch plate available, and yet the food managed to wow us beyond belief. It started out with a bowl of perfectly seasoned gazpacho and was followed by a beautifully assembled plate of a variety of vegetables and grains and legumes prepared in really creative ways. The avocado filled with a smoked mousse was one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life!

The plate may seem pricey at 17.80 euros, but we could have seconds of anything we chose, which was quite reasonable in a city that seemed to have high meal prices in general.

The staff was so friendly and accommodating and put so much care into the preparation and presentation of the meal that it really made us feel as if we were welcomed in their home.

There is no doubt in my mind that it will be the first place I visit next time I find myself in Luxembourg.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-12

Pros: Divine food, Incredibly friendly staff

Really friendly welcome - Edit

Looking for somewhere to eat in Luxembourg on the day we arrived the lady owner was thrilled we'd found the cafe through Happy Cow. Although the lunch buffet was finished and there were signs of them starting to close for the afternoon, nothing was too much trouble and we got served a menu of the day which was gazpacho soup (could have done with some salt) and a mixed plate of tasty goodness with bread.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly welcome, Good food

Cons: Not central, Not much choice

Its' All Vegan! (At least now) - Edit

As of September 2015, the menu is 100% vegan.
And according to the staff, they are planning to stay that way.

The food is good, portions and prices are fair; and the atmosphere is also pleasant. Take-away is available (I think you can even order by the phone in advance).

As the place is rather small, I'd suggest making a reservation just in case.

It would be so great if they would work for dinner!

Pros: vegan, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: a bit off the beaten track

My belly is happy! - Edit

I am becoming a regular of Amapura as the food served - lots of delicious vegetables - does my body so much good. The atmosphere is relaxed in a small but very open and well lit setting. I love the big table where you can enjoy great meals and meet some interesting people.
My body and my mind feel very welcome here ;-)

Pros: A good soup to start a meal. , The big community table. , The kind staff.

Good but pricey - Edit

I visited Amalura for lunch in July 2015. There was a set menu of all vegan food. You could get the normal size for 13€ or the larger size, which added a couple items, for 16€. The food was high quality, but perhaps overpriced as this is a very casual restaurant, far from a fine dining experience. Nonetheless I was happy with the service and food. I ate cucumber soup, fresh bread, tabbouleh, hummus, greens, some sort of (delicious) tofu/cornbread amalgamation, shaved fennel with grapefruit, rice, and a diced cauliflower salad. 5/5 yumminess, 4/5 ambience, 4/5 service, 2/5 value. Overall 4/5.

excellent and kind - Edit

I had a great vegan meal at Amapura. The food was good, and the staff exceedingly kind. We got free raw crackers and free coffee. Check their website for opening hours and current menu.

Has CLOSED: Amapura closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.