First Review by thermalbunny

Very few vegan option lately. - Edit

At their previous location, they were much more vegan friendly. In fact, I was in love with a GF, vegan carrot-coconut loaf that they had almost daily. Since moving to their new location, their dishes seem to be very meat-centered, with a very inconsistent offering; it's different every time I walk in the door, usually with little to offer us vegan folk. Their grocery selection has a lot to offer the veg community, but the prepared foods are tailored to a different demographic. I have been very disappointed.

Pros: Seemingly local? , Always looks and smells delicious, Very clean

Cons: Not enough vegan options, Inconsistent inventory, Potentially for cross-contamination

I love this place, you will too! - Edit

When I I worked in Wakefield I would love going to this place for their awesome vegan food options. Grab a coconut water and sit on the nice deck over looking the river and enjoy! They also have supplements if you're into that sort of thing. I would say the only negative is that the produce section tends to suffer from quality issues from time to time and the prices are obviously higher then the chain stores...but they also offer a lot of things they don't. Like an awesome bulk foods section.
Plus you're supporting a local business buy shopping there. If you haven't been there please do, you'll love it!

Pros: Good selection, Bulk goods, Local!!

Cons: Prices can be higher than average, Some quality control issues

Cute little place for snacks/groceries - Edit

This little place has been around for over three decades, I think! They always have a decent selection of groceries and personal care products in stock. They even have a nice little bulk section and organic produce area. Definitely a great place to pop into if you're walking around Wakefield. It's nice that it's been able to stick around for so long.

Pros: been in business for years, nice selection

Good Sandwiches and daily soups - Edit

All organic ingredients and always vegetarian and mostly vegan! Great place to stop for yummy lunch! Good prices!

Pros: great prices, fresh organic food, friendly staff

Cons: small, limited seating, not made to order

Return to Wakefield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alternative Food Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 790 times since Aug 2007.