Alternatif

0231-79903447

Bruderweg 5 (at Moritzgasse), Dortmund, Germany, 44135

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small snack bar offering a good range of vegan pizzas, creative wraps, and pide, all fresh and made-in-house by hand. Vegan items are not listed on the main menu, but are on blackboards. Staff well-informed. Although the address is Bruderweg, it is located on Moritzgasse. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Ryecatcher

This is an odd happycow entry - Edit

Went there for late breakfast last month for it was the most convenient option. The name seemed promising, too, I did expect some community-run business. However, Alternatif is pretty much an ordinary kebab shop to be honest. There is nothing vegan on the menu, but I asked for a falafel wrap without any dairy ingredients. Staff knew what vegan means and was friendly. However, I was pretty confused why on earth this place had been added to happycow. It was only afterwards that I discovered a vegan pizza option in the vitrine facing outside, that I hadn't seen entering, hence I had been entering from the other side and in addition to that there was a parking supplier's car standing in front of that. So, yeah, you can get something vegan at Alternatif. Still, there is also meat everywhere. Service was fair, food alright, price good, but overall not very appealing in my opinion. Charmless interior.

Return to Dortmund Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alternatif closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.